NBA Street Homecourt is Awesome!

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
WOW. this game ain't half bad at all. i was think meh whatever but i downloaded the demo and man is this game better than any NBA Street before it.

Re: ARGHHHHHHH NBA HomeStreet is Awesome!

I'll take you word for it and download the demo then. I liked the previous ones so I should enjoy this too.

You're spot on. The game is awesome. I absolutely love the NBA Street games, played all of them to death.

i downloaded it too it's good fun but im not goina buy it

P.s Its called NBA Homecourt

I think they sort of did with 3, I loved vol. 2 and this one seems like great fun. But for some reason I never played 3 that much.

i agree with you. Vol 2 was a classic game Vol3 though was better technically then 2 but didn't have jordan and felt un eventful after awhile.

homecourt on the other hand is so good technically now with it's animations that it has transformed itself into a n actual believable flying trapeze dunk act it's hilarious at the same time of being able to wow me

So it's just me who thinks there's absolutely no difference? At least nothing a contrast button on your TV wouldn't fix... :eh:

So it's just me who thinks there's absolutely no difference? At least nothing a contrast button on your TV wouldn't fix... :eh:

Yo're right in away. both system are decent and neither one is about to be comepting with each other in my book. Once you have mulitplatform game sthough it gets different and opion so far has been that the 360 just does the core games from third parties better but slightly only. the online play the better crispeir visuals etc.
but you can't go wrong on any system with this game it's just awesome

leving up myself and in the progress unlocking stuff now so that when friend come over they get the full experience

the ps3 one dosnt look nowhere near as sharp as the 360 one
I wouldn't say that a video in a medium resolution is enough to tell that one is considerably sharper than the other. They both look exactly the same to me! Which makes me glad I've got a 360 as it doesn't look like the PS3 is going to be any better or any worse. Saying that, my glasses could be on the way out, and when Metal Gear Solid comes out my wallet is going to be trembling in my pocket...

Oh and by the way, I want that song!! I know it's Jackson 5, but who's the remix by?

EDIT: Answered my own question... "I Want You Back (Z Trip Remix)". :D

The game does look awesome though, just looking at the video makes you want to pick it up and play it - and this is coming from someone who's never previously purchased a basketball (or a "Street") game...

Last edited:
Ahhh So the fun is over IMHO. Yes, i have completed the homecourt challange. Played about 120 game to unlock everything in the game.

the curts in the game are beautifully done no question about it and theres rumors of others being able to be downloaded which is one of the reasons i bought the game. apparently Rucker will be a free download so thats good along with additional gear.

now i'll just play to play. But IF they are able to have say 5 more courts added via the marketplace which it seems like they might because they have videos of the courts and some courts aren't in the game that they are talking about so it might make sense looking at it that way theres about 5 that might come out yet...

I've played it again and I think it's brilliant, but I just can't beat the CPU. I can't do all the tricks stuff - I'm used to playing a sports game where you just pass and shoot. I get more points because I'm alright at getting the ball through the hoop, but I lose because I can't do all the crazy shit.

For your average not-into-basketball gamer, it's a bitch to get used to (at least that's my experience of it).

I couldn't win the first 20 or so games I played but I'm doing a lot better now, I win more often than not.

All I can suggest is to keep practising, work on blocking and stealing the ball, don't go for too many 2 pointers, they almost always seem to block them.

If you're going to do them, try and do a fake shot (quick tap the shoot button) to confuse the players trying to block you. I still don't know how to do the gamebreakers though...

my japanese verson arrived today! career mode could be bettr but great game. need to go online soon but scared of getting my ass kicked! :)

Back
Top Bottom