NBA Thread

I'm with P.J. Carlesimo on this. KD's earned the right to go wherever he wants. At the end of day it's just basketball. Moreover, a GS title is not guaranteed. Also, FA is not over. There are some interesting trade rumours floating around. If the CLE one is true and happens they can defn beat this GS team.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Westbrook now. No way he stays in my opinion. OKC should get back a 1st rounder or two if they decide to deal him. The team trading for him has to be careful though. He's a FA next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for KD, he doesn't need to explain himself.

Presti will definitely trade Westbrook but to whom?

I'll give him Bledsoe, Knight and some picks, that should do it.

:SMUG:

Good for KD, he doesn't need to explain himself.

Presti will definitely trade Westbrook but to whom?

I'll give him Bledsoe, Knight and some picks, that should do it.

:SMUG:

Give him two 1st rounders and he'll do it. Thing is, if you're the Suns you need a guarantee that he'll sign an extension or it's a massive waste.

I also updated my NBA 2k16 roster with all the latest trades and contract signings that taken place up until today (July 4). Check it out when you get time. Once again the roster name is NBAcourtside, PSN ID: AgentNL7. New slider set out as well.

Wow....well, if you can't beat them...join them. haha, but KD is a Free Agent and he can choose anywhere he goes. He didn't even have his own TV show about where he's going. He has to learn from Lebron.

But that team will be the one to beat. Lots of pressure on them and every loss will create headlines.

Give him two 1st rounders and he'll do it. Thing is, if you're the Suns you need a guarantee that he'll sign an extension or it's a massive waste.

I also updated my NBA 2k16 roster with all the latest trades and contract signings that taken place up until today (July 4). Check it out when you get time. Once again the roster name is NBAcourtside, PSN ID: AgentNL7. New slider set out as well.

He'll re sign because of Devin Booker... I think I'm obsessed with this guy.

Delighted about the return of JMZ, it's a very good fit, not sure how I feel about the Millsap links, excellent player but...

Last edited:
I like Millsap. Good 2nd or 3rd offensive option for a team and quality post defender.

500m Yahoo accounts were hacked.

Can we switch to ESPN?

Thanks for the heads up. I did change it. For sure. Everyone renewed for the league so I'll send everyone an email for espn nba

I'm going to need everyone's email again. For some reason Yahoo doesn't show them. I'll send out PMs to league members.

The interest isn't there for the ESPN league. Still three spots that haven't been filled yet. I already pushed the draft back once. I won't be doing so again. I'll just delete it. Maybe people need a break. Other than that, if you're like me and are limited in the games you can watch because of work or other commitments you should check out the following channel for 10 min highlights of NBA games.

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFIrTpC6LJDqzPMeBfgAGrQ/videos

I blame sauce. Ever since he won it the Fantasy has never been the same. :SHAKE:

Won't and can't complain but it's a shame two of my favourite games (fantasy and predicts) are over. :((

Watched the Cavaliers-Warriors game on christmas day, and boy, how terribly bad was the referee. At the beginning of the game they totally screwed the Warriors with a lot of fishy decisions, then they tried to compensate during the second quarter but at the end they were again totally biased towards the home team. Not only in the last play, when Durant is clearly fouled, but during the last 5 minutes there were lots of errors and all of them in the same direction. I'm getting a bit tired of this in the NBA, honestly, it's as if NBA 2k17 rubber band logic was promoted by the refs in real life.

I enjoyed that game, it had a nice intensity to it but the Cavs certainly enjoyed some generous calls. Jeff van Gundy was in good form too.

I also watched the Celtics @ Knicks earlier and was stunned how the Knicks repeatedly gave up wide open three's.

Hornaceck should implement his style or walk away.

Any takers for Tyson Chandler?

Now that I watched Warriors two last games, I can tell you, the Warriors killer is Kevin Durant.

That dude is the most unstoppable player this team ever faced. He is trouble on both ends of the floor for them.

Warriors aren't all about threes, as a matter of fact, they have one of the best defenses in the game. With all the switcheroo between picks, with athletic, tall and fast guys guarding pretty much anyone without having to fight through picks.

But they just can't do it against Durant. If Warriors try to beat him with speed, he beats them with height, if they try to beat him with height he beat them with speed. That guy is more unstoppable than LeBron, cause LeBron you could clog the lane with Draymond or Bogut cause everybody knew he was gonna drive. Mr. Durant can do anything, he can escape the powerful Warriors defense that most people seem to forget are that powerful. Which is a shame cause the whole internet now turned into a Warriors hater, saying that they are not that great. Trust me they are fantastic, but that KD guy is something else.

And I didn't even mention KD on the other side of the ball, he is playing tremendous defense, he is taking Draymond out of the series. Draymond used to be Warriors KD on offense in a way, if you throw a big guy he is faster, if you throw a small guy he outmuscle him. But KD is the #1 mobile/tall guy in the league, he is fucking unique. Not to mention when he is switching to Steph and taking out Steph shot/drive so easily.

This series are the true NBA Finals, don't hate on Steph and the Warriors if they loose, and they probably will next game. Its just that the player that stayed in the shadow last couple of seasons with injuries and bad luck is back. He is a combination of Steph and LeBron, he might not shoot like Steph and dominates like LeBron, but his in between is so close to those two.

KD is sick! Part of me is devastated the Warriors will lose, part of me is glad KD is playing up to his potential, and the funny thing is that most people are not even noticing how good he is.

Internet and the media is just pure hate/love and extreme reactions to everything, if the media was for real they would notice how fantastic this series is.
Oh mane, this post a year ago. Now this title yesterday.
Thank you Klay Thompson and KD!!!

The Kyrie situation reminds me of Kobe and Shaq. Kyrie has earned the right to have own team. Dude saved Clevelands ass and hit the game winning shot in game 7 of the NBA finals. I hope goes to New York.

I hope he comes back stronger like Paul George.

My wish,sorry if I rub someone the wrong is that my MVP last season,R Westbrook takes off to a different team in a few seasons,Melo retiring,PG 13 gets real an moves on from OKC,and that team moves back to Seattle.
Doesn't matter how good they are,I absolutely loathe that team.

After rebuilding since 13-14? Sixers looks great this season,Embid and Covington is for real this year.
Very interesting season

Been a great NBA season so far. Celtics and Thunder are the surprise teams for me so far. Never expected Boston to be so good and OKC to be so bad. Still early though. A lot of basketball left to be played. Front runners for the MVP seem to be Lebron, Harden, Giannis, and Kyrie. Simmons will prob win rookie of the year even though he's really not a rook. He had a year to be around NBA scrimmages/practices so he has an advantage over the other guys. Have to say that this years rookie class is really, really good. A lot of potential all stars.

Not playing fantasy basketball has been a blessing in disguise as I turned my attention to DFS basketball and have already made $5000 on a $50 bankroll. This shit is easy cash! If there's anyone else who plays or is thinking about trying it out I'll be glad to share some tips and strategies in this thread. Happy Holidays!

What up NBA thread, long time no see.

Regular season its so boring for me as a Warriors fan :SMUG:
But really that's not the only reason, I think the media and the fans overreact to the regular season way too much these days.
Like every gameday there's a narrative, everyday there's a new messiah player, I understand why the media does this, but still amazes me how much bullshit some of these writers and bloggers buy.
I've been following the game for a relative long time and I can safely say its always been like this with the players, they go up and down like crazy, not long ago Dragic was the best PG, Lin was insane and etc.
That whole thing kinda of put me off the game to be honest, but I've been kinda of following still, specially with NBA 2K18, yes I'm back after all the bashing I used to do, but honestly playing a custom myleague with a decent roster and sliders is AMAZING.

Crap with KP and Frankie Smokes?

I'm playing MyLeague with the Knicks and I have a custom player as a SF, that's way better than playing MyCareer.

I do see a bit of trouble going forward, being stuck on some bad contracts, but who knows, maybe someday a big name will actually chose NY.

I'm excited for this new season, my Suns will no longer suck!

The western conference is now an absolute bloodbath with the King's being the only 'bad' team. The path is clear now in the East for the Celtics and the 76ers to battle it out.

Hopefully the Giannis will take a big step forward now with some proper coaching.

Beat LA!

I was gonna vent my frustrations about the World Cup in the football thread but decided to do it here, why tho?
Well because basketball now is my favorite sport and I will explain why.

I think honestly us football fans lie to ourselves whenever a team that only defends succeed, then we will come with the same old argument, they were composed and they were fighters and shite.
But the truth is that its way easier to defend than attack in football, just way fucking easier, lets be honest here.

Now lets get back to basketball, the game found almost the perfect balance between scoring and defending you can be effectively good on both ends fair and square.
If there was an equivalent of football in basketball it would be a game of 5 Michael Kidd-Gilchrists versus 5 Andre Iguodalas and only halfcourt shots were allowed, meaning basically whenever you scored luck would be a huge factor, just huge.
And yet, whomever they scored they would also totally clown you, take their shirt off, scream in your face like they crossed you over and dropped you, or posterized you, I mean what are us football fans and players doing really?

And no I'm not frustrated because of an specific game or team, I'm really not that into a specific national team, I never was. But in this World Cup was clear to me how the game is unbalanced and often decided by luck, but we all act like its a beautiful game.

I still enjoy football, but its moving to my second favorite sport, football is just too cruel and most of us are in denial and we try to come up with theories and analysis that really should not been there. The game is really like 8-9 guys committed to defend and maybe 2-3 to attack.

Basketball better.

Back
Top Bottom