NBA Thread

G

gunnerglory

I'll say it now, its gonna be San Antonio Spurs v New York Knicks in the NBA Final this year.

Just thought I'd start a thread on the old b'ball. The Suns are invading the Garden tonight to play my beloved Knicks and I'm heading off to watch it right now, 20 minutes in fact I'd better hurry up. Suns are pretty hot right now, young athletic team, bar Nash who is pretty old but is really scorching it up. But for a winner this year I'd have to take the Spurs, great all round team. I can see a Spurs v Heat final, the Heat have to win the East, the East sucks so bad and they have Shaq which means Heat have to win the East.

Well my Knicks are in disarray. Lost 9 of the last 10 I think, all time winningest coach just walked away, 2nd last of a hugely poor Atlantic Division albeit 2 games back, largest payroll in the league, its a pure disgrace. I don't know how the Garden is packed every night for these clowns and why I even keep going. Stephon Marbury professes that he's the best PG in the NBA, gimme a frickin break. Allan Houston gets the 2nd highest paycheck in the entire league but he's been dressed in a suit most of the season and when he does play he's just pathetic. At one time (and still if his knees functioned properly) he had the sweetest jumper in the league (even better than Peja me thinks) and I hope he can come good again, we missed out on Vince Carter, Kobe wanted to come but he couldn't get outta LA, Isiah's gotta pull some strings for us, soon.

gunner knicks are not lookin to good this season gotta back teams like spurs, heat and evn suns
wots ur take on the 50 points club this year, best one dirk vs tmac?

they need some big name players may be kg or even tapping vince before heading to the nets

Knicks can't play defense to save their lives. Jamal Crawford had a 40 point game but another big L for the Knicks. Never going to the Garden again, not until we get some proper hustling basketball players at least.

So far, the Eastern conference contenders are going to be the Knicks and the Wizards? You guys are fucking nuts.

It is either going to be the Shaqs, or the WWF yahoos in Indiana. Unless the LBJ's happen to pull off some sort of miracle.

Neither the Knickerbockers nor the Bullets are making the playoffs... keep drinkin'.

For Tyler - Re: EatonTJ's Last Reply

gunnerglory said:
the Heat have to win the East, the East sucks so bad and they have Shaq which means Heat have to win the East.

For GunnerGlory....

gunnerglory said:
I'll say it now, its gonna be San Antonio Spurs v New York Knicks in the NBA Final this year.

I just enjoy making fun of Knick fans... talk about one sorry ass franchise. Have fun remembering Patrick Ewing.

EatonTJ said:
So far, the Eastern conference contenders are going to be the Knicks and the Wizards? You guys are fucking nuts.

It is either going to be the Shaqs, or the WWF yahoos in Indiana. Unless the LBJ's happen to pull off some sort of miracle.

Neither the Knickerbockers nor the Bullets are making the playoffs... keep drinkin'.

Eastern Conference
W L PCT GB HM RD CONF DIV PF PA STRK L10
Miami 31 13 .705 - 16-5 15-8 22-4 9-0 101.6 96.4 Won 1 5-5
Wash 26 15 .634 3 ½ 16-5 10-10 18-8 5-4 102.4 101.4 Won 4 8-2

the wizards are on FIRE, we have three guys avg 20 points a game, we are right behind the heat for the number one seed, we will make the playoffs!!!!! the knicks do suck

The Bullets cannot possible keep this pace. They may make the playoffs... but the finals?... C'mon.

EatonTJ said:
The Bullets cannot possible keep this pace. They may make the playoffs... but the finals?... C'mon.
if the heat get eliminated early on or shaq gets hurt, its a lock bro, look how good we are, we are smoking teams, including the SUNS and Seattle!!!

Is Magic Johnson still playing? I like playing B-ball actually. Just thought i'd let you know.

I have this DVD called Greatest Plays in the history of the NBA (or something). I like it, used to watch it a lot, they don't show it here in europe(only behind the decoder).

No Saunders, I wasn't serious.

kings to go all the way man, a big peja fan here.
also wouldnt mind seein the cavs going far this year, and the all star game should be good.

NBA is getting bigger and bigger over here, almost a game a day (if you have NASN, which i dont have but my friend does). Even Channel 5 have 2 nba programmes a week ffs.

btw i've been reading phil jackson's book - "the last season" which is really interesting. not usually a reader of books but having a reliable inside scoop on what happened last season with the lakers is really good

Knicks vs Hornets NBA Final this year, its a given, I have money on it. Knicks going all the way, they have Vin Baker and Moochie Norris for crying out loud, there are teams that would kill for those 2.

i doubt "kill" is the right word. they're hardly the league's premier players. Also whilst "Starbury" is a good point guard, hardly the best 1 guard in the league which he boasts about. tis a shame bout the nuggets, with melo and k mart as well as camby they should be doin better IMO.

The Spurs are going to reach the finals for sure this year.
They have almost everything as a team.
From the east although I also am a big Knicks fan, I have to say that the Pistons or the Heat have most chances of reaching the finals.
Unfortunately I have not seen a more unbalanced and unpredictable team than the Knicks during the last 10 or so years....
It's sad but true....
And IMO Jamaal Crawford has to go home....
He may be pouring 20 and 30 points sometimes but with percentages of 35% and many times less...

wow, is there a team with a worse away record in the association (bar N.O. Hornets)?

the raptors are absolutely shite away from home

-fb

tbh i think the heat have this one. i absolutely LOVE dwayne wade, pity he never really shone when playing the raps (so i could see them). also, shaq better bring some hand lotion to mosturize his hands from the cuts hes gonna get from cramming the rim with gravity-defying dunks, because, lets be honest, bradely isn't half the player shaq is.

also, damien jones (sp?) has been on fire lately (despite being posterized by lebron last night, WOW WHAT A DUNK) so i can see him torching it up from behind the arc as well

-fb

haha CS, what a game, were you watching? up by 22 at one point and all of a sudden you lot collapse as gilbert arenas hit the lockers for an early shower (even though i dont quite agree on that call) what a win... JALEN ROSE!

-fb

footieBalla said:
haha CS, what a game, were you watching? up by 22 at one point and all of a sudden you lot collapse as gilbert arenas hit the lockers for an early shower (even though i dont quite agree on that call) what a win... JALEN ROSE!

-fb
yeah what a bunch of bullshit!!!! :) did you see those two idiots who got arenas shirt after he got ejected, they were like these hip hopped out white dudes with chains and shit, funny canadians... hahahaha it cracked me up, that wasnt you was it?

erm.. *boy is it getting hot in here*? no, of course *cough* it wasnt... :mrgreen:

haha yea ok dont think that all canadians are like that now. but yea i found that hilarious, and i would do that too if arenas threw his shirt at me, clutching it to my heart for dear life, that thing would go right up on my wall as soon as possible!

-fb

Knicks rule. Moochie Norris is gonna spark and spearhead the greatest playoff push in history.

I love Shaq's new attitude of "I'm no longer going to try during the regular season". He says that he is a "cigar" and that as such, he burns slow. The rest of the league are cigarrettes.

Can't get enough of the Big Aristotle.

EatonTJ said:
I love Shaq's new attitude of "I'm no longer going to try during the regular season". He says that he is a "cigar" and that as such, he burns slow. The rest of the league are cigarrettes.

Can't get enough of the Big Aristotle.
another reason why the nfl is by far the best sport in the US now... every game counts, where in baseball and nba it dosnt

Back
Top Bottom