Need help from pc experts

expat

League 2
27 September 2006
My shiny new copy of PES6 PC arrived today. I tried to install it but for some reason my dvd drive wont read the disc!!
I have been playing WE9 for ages with no problem, I also downloaded the demo of PES6 which runs fine. Why cant I install the game on my computer? Am I missing something here? Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for my game to come in the mail and now its here I cant get it to install...please help.

your dvd drive is too slow

if u can copy it to harddisk you can install the game

use anther dvd drive

is what speed Dvd drive is needed for pes6 and what speed dvd drie do u have if u have the rite speed maybe your copy is faulty

try clean in ur dvd drive

also i know this sound bad

u sure u have a dvd drive as a normal one will not read the dvd

I just have one drive...I think it is a cd/dvd combined.
My WE9 worked fine, have konami changed the requirement for the new PES6?

If I have to get a new dvd drive can you recommend a good one?
Thanks

I DONNO IT TELL U ON THE BOX I SOILD MY COPY AND COPYED GAME TO HARDISK WHCIH I CAN REINSTALL LOL

SILLY JAPS LETS U INSTALL FROM HARDDISK

BACK TO YOUR PROB LOOK ON BOX SHOULD TELL U WHAT U NEED

TRY A DVD FILM IN UR DRIVE IF THAT WORKS SO SHOULD PES6

MAYB UR PES6 IS FAULTY

dvd movies do work...I ordered pes6 from uk...im in usa, its gonna be a pain if it is a faulty disc.

I just have one drive...I think it is a cd/dvd combined.
My WE9 worked fine, have konami changed the requirement for the new PES6?

If I have to get a new dvd drive can you recommend a good one?
Thanks

the game requires a 8x dvd-rom drive so you should check out what speed yours is. If you can't find it on the drive itself try this program called everest ( http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html ) This program can tell you what stuff is in your computer.

thanks vin yep 8x speed dvd drive u should have 8 i think mine 4x and i got it 2 install i think its faulty mate sorry

I have the following drive -

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H65

is that any help...does not tell if 4x or 8x

This is the drive I have in my pc

Product Specifications

Speed DVD Family :
Write DVD+R 16x maximum by CAV
DVD+R9 8x maximum by Z-CLV
DVD-R 16x maximum by CAV
DVD-R9 4x maximum by CLV
ReWrite
DVD+RW 8x by CLV
DVD-RW 6x by CLV
Read 16x maximum by CAV

CD Family :
Write CD-R 48x maximum by CAV
ReWrite CD-RW 24x maximum by Z-CLV in UltraSpeed disc
Read 48x maximum by CAV

DVD-RAM 5X PCAV

Lightscribe Labeling :
CDR Media 1.6x
DVD+R Media 1.6x
Buffer Size 2 MB ( Max )
Access Time DVD Family :160 ms
CD Family :160 ms
MTBF (Life) 70,000 POH
Support OS Microsoft Windows XP / 2000 SP4
OS Requirement Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or higher CPU and 128 MB or higher RAM are required
HDD must have access time < 20 ms; with a minimum of 650 MB free space
9 GB free space for creating a DVD image file ( 9 GB for double layer; 5 GB for single layer )
Power Requirement +5V +/-5% and less than 100 mVp-p ripple voltage
+12V +/-10% and less than 200 mVp-p ripple voltage
Dimension 145.0 ( W ) x 41.3 ( H ) x 170.0 ( D ) mm
Weight < 0.9 Kg

Whats the verdict? Should PES6 work or do I need to buy a new drive?

what a pain in the arse...who knows how long it will take for them to send me another copy...waaaaaah:(

I know there is a no warez policy here...but would a no-dvd-crack help me with my problem? I DID buy the game, I DO have the original disc, instruction book and all. Is there someone who can help me, I would really appreciate it because I ordered game from UK, Im in USA and it will be a real pain to have to try to exchange disc for a working one, and who's to say that a different one will work?

i used to have the same problem were i couldnt have anything in my dvd drive because it wouldnt read anything and if i went to explore it there was nothing in the drive so it said! but i fixed by reseting my drive by going to device manager and choose to disable it then reset pc the go back and enable it worked fine for me all tho that was a long time ago when it happend to me hope this helps

I know there is a no warez policy here...but would a no-dvd-crack help me with my problem? I DID buy the game, I DO have the original disc, instruction book and all. Is there someone who can help me, I would really appreciate it because I ordered game from UK, Im in USA and it will be a real pain to have to try to exchange disc for a working one, and who's to say that a different one will work?
We can't talk about it here, but I'm sure you are aware of www.google.com and also bit torrents if you cannot install the game. You have the CD-key on the back of your manual so I'm assuming if you acquired the game via not so legitimate means, you could put it in and play like normal. (This is all assumptions.) That way you could have the game files on your computer without needing to use the DVD, but we are talking not above board, and can't be discussed here. :)

So I guess Im just gonna have to return my game and get it exchanged. That sucks cos Im in USA and I bought game in UK so Im gonna be waiting for weeks to get another one thru the mail.
I have no clue about torrents etc... If someone could do me a massive favour and maybe gimme a little instruction maybe I could play...I have the cd key on my manual so its all legit. I dont see how its different than purchasing a cd key from Konami.

a no dvd crack will not help u bocs if u can not read the disk u can not install it LOL

is it installed to ur pc btw if it is
look on www.pesladder.com

maybe they have what u need:roll:
if its installed that is

im not sure if this will help but i notice ur in the US.
and u bought pes 6 from the uk
us = ntsc
uk = pal.
different regions!

try a program called anydvd or something like that allowing the dvd to be a region free dvd player maybe thats ur problem as in most dvd players(PC) you only get about 5 region changes.

its not region coded and there is no such thing as pal/ntsc on PC's, they are TV formats, sounds like you have a faulty disc. you'll have to send it back im affiad.

managed to get the game running after almost a week. Had to make a backup disc which CAN be read by my drive to install the game. Then had to use a no-dvd-patch to run the game. WOOOOOHOOOO IT WORKS! It also runs nice and smooth on medium settings so Im happy.
Thanks for the help and suggestions....now wheres that bootpack, kit folder, ballpack etc...LOL

Back
Top Bottom