Need help getting WE8LE patched versions to load properly

Golden Go@l

League 1
19 February 2005
I am using Swap Magic 3.3 with patched WE8LE and I am having problems getting the game to load. Strangely, the original WE8LE runs fine. When I do get the patched version running the audio cuts in and out during menu selection. During games the crowd chants cut in and out, but the commentary doesn't. The load times between menus and before throw ins, free kicks, corners, etc is also significantly longer. Maybe part of the problem lies in my laser's inability to read the altered files in patched versions. I only draw this speculation because the original game runs fine. Or it could be the differences between the original disk and the Verbatim DVD-Rs I'm using. Weight, layering differences, etc. Which brings me to a question. Which DVD media are you guys using? Specifically, brand and whether it's DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW. Since using a mod chip is not an option, I am going to experiment with different media to see if that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Golden Go@l said:
I am using Swap Magic 3.3 with patched WE8LE and I am having problems getting the game to load. Strangely, the original WE8LE runs fine. When I do get the patched version running the audio cuts in and out during menu selection. During games the crowd chants cut in and out, but the commentary doesn't. The load times between menus and before throw ins, free kicks, corners, etc is also significantly longer. Maybe part of the problem lies in my laser's inability to read the altered files in patched versions. I only draw this speculation because the original game runs fine. Or it could be the differences between the original disk and the Verbatim DVD-Rs I'm using. Weight, layering differences, etc. Which brings me to a question. Which DVD media are you guys using? Specifically, brand and whether it's DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW. Since using a mod chip is not an option, I am going to experiment with different media to see if that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

which speed did u burned?

Golden Go@l said:
Use any ritek dye media m8 and burn at 1x this makes a huge difference trust me ive been chipping ps2's for many years

ive got an ps2 version 2 and at first i used dvd-r but the loading times were very long or not at all. So i went over to dvd+r(Mmore brand, macrosomething is the actual discmedia ) and that works perfect even when burning at 4speed. Also it could be a combination of the patch and media. Ole gangsta mix was a lot slower at loading then the original or the sunjun mix patch.

Back
Top Bottom