NEW ★ PES 2016 E3 GAMEPLAY ANALYSIS

PES Russia

PES Russia
17 January 2014
Russia
This article has been sent to the game developers.​

Dear developers!
We have analyzed the gameplay of Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 presented during the E3 event. The material presented here contains numerous opinions and reviews on the game coming from people who have already tried the game out. Based on these, we have prepared the list down below, where drawbacks of the current game version are pointed out.
This material has been made up with joint efforts of the biggest Pro Evolution Soccer Russian fan communities, i. e.:
- vk.com/evopes;
- peskomment.ru;
- pesonline.com.ua;
- peswe.com;
- pes-files.ru;
- pesgame.net;
- pescups.ru;
- 11x11.pesmanager.net;
and the others.

Gameplay drawbacks:
- the goalkeepers are too slow to react, it takes them too long to fall while trying to reach a low ball, their movements seem inert;
- the players tend to 'slide' on the pitch, as if they're weightless;
- goalkeepers manage to fixate the ball even after the strongest of shots, it doesn't feel natural;
- the ball is too easy to receive and control after pretty difficult passes;
- sometimes the shots and passes are too strong and don't quite match the animation of the player;
- the shots need more of a 'bite', not strength;
- the players tend to just stop moving, as if they are reloading, especially after collisions;
- the control the R2 shots are overscripted;
- long passes look unnatural;
- the animation for interceptions is too 'screaming', it also needs more variations;
- sometimes players are unexplainably passive, they rather play struggling for the ball than actually struggle for it; they also would just stare at the ball rolling right near them, not even trying to stretch a leg to take it into their possession;
- two powerbars during set pieces;
- the ball is 'glued' to the players' stronger foot;
- the players are too fussy, the change of direction happens too abruptly, and so are the animations;
- players keep talking to someone with no apparent reason; hints during free kicks and corners cannot be hidden;
- the cut-scene actions don't continue the episode before them;
- freezes in the transitions between the game episodes;
- fatigue doesn't affect players' abilities;
- during the set pieces the referee keeps his arm up longer than it's actually needed;
- sometimes players just 'stick' to each other;
- players keep moving in the wrong direction, as if something forces them;
- the game doesn't feel tight, too much free space;
- the legs movement animations don't match the body position and the player's speed, more balance is required;
- the camera attached to a player or the ball needs to be fixed;
- no coherence between the defenders and the goalkeeper;
- no fouls commited while tussling for a header;
- goalkeepers are too timid (in one-on-one situations, for instance);
- the set piece system is overscripted;
- the net physics needs mastering;
- the hand ball foul is missing, so are some others; the fair play isn't full;
- the player is only starting to move towards the ball when the powerbar is already at full.

Thank you very much for viewing this material! We hope the feedback will be useful and that the improvements in the game process won't take long to come. However, we do realize everything cannot be changed by the time PES 2016 is released, but these ideas might come in handy for the future games or for possible official PES 2016 patches.

You had to start a whole new thread? You couldn't just post this is the PES 2016 Discussion thread, or in the other thread you started? BTW, did you find anything about the game you LIKED?

Last edited:
Of course!
Well think about it... if I spent a year developing a game, and then you came along with nothing but a long list of everything that was wrong with it, you would be about the last person I would care to respond to and discuss my game with.

Well think about it... if I spent a year developing a game, and then you came along with nothing but a long list of everything that was wrong with it, you would be about the last person I would care to respond to and discuss my game with.

i think you miss the point of this thread.

He talks about the things that need to be sorted out according to him/them/whoever....

Pointless to list all the good stuff....
I seriously hope developers in general don't think like you.

Then, i don't know if it deserves a new thread.....but well, that's another story.

Pointless to list all the good stuff....
Disagree on several levels. There are entire threads around here devoted to the "good stuff" Konami always removes from the demo and that never makes it to the full game. A case can be made that Konami needs to know what that stuff is so they don't remove it.

Disagree on several levels. There are entire threads around here devoted to the "good stuff" Konami always removes from the demo and that never makes it to the full game. A case can be made that Konami needs to know what that stuff is so they don't remove it.

ok, i see your point on this....altough it's mainly a Konami issue removing good stuff from their game...
But then again, even a list with only negative things should be useful for developers.

You seem to suggest "ignoring" as a good practice in this situation...i found it so superficial.

Of course!

What you could've done, instead of writing anything positive since there's no need here because it's obviously a list of things that need attention, is say something brief along the lines of "With the many positives we have seen, it has come to our attention that these mentioned below require further" etc.. :)

Or just at least say a few words that you approve their positives then go ahead and list all things that need attention.

i have to agree with this list, the game doesnt progress on the positives, its a good list, hopefully someone from konami has a look at that and take note.

I'm sure there are about 5-8 points which can be fixable before the game sees the light. However... we're dealing with Konami here. I can't think of a single version of PES where we pointed errors by judging videos or even after trying the DEMO which Konami fixed before the full game got out. Not a single one. They have some pre-determined answers for our complaints like "wait until you try the full game" or stuff that make you feel like you're the only one seeing/feeling those bugs.

Thank you Lami.
If he passes this on to the people who can actually do something, and they pay attention to at least a few of these points, then we might be given a great game.

one thing i have noticed is that the glitch of defenders just stopping for no reason still seems to be there.

No problem. We live in an age where our voice/text can be heard/read by devs if enough noise was made :)

We can prove our points with the creenshots for each issue, we know exactly what we are talking about. All we want is for you to see it as well, that's all. We have noticed the advantages incorporated in the game, and we really appreciate them, but by pointing out the shortcomings we only try to help you get rid of them and make the game even better.

Good list and very good effort!

I hope they are thoroughly checking these.

Don´t wanna sound too pessimistic but as someone mentioned here: this is KONAMI.
Quite possible that they change few points too much and break it instead of tweaking it slightly. I remember we had that with some late patches of 2014, for example shots felt underpowered, then after a patch almost every shot was overpowered.
Or users were complaining about less fouls and after a patch came out, the ref interrupted way too often even by slight player collisions.

Best thing would be that they take someone to their dev office who can check real time right after they tweaked; which of course is never gonna happen.

So let´s hope!

We can do our best and do something about it. At least we feel we've done our part instead of just sitting here hoping :)

Only the PES community could have a gameplay impressions diagnostic report, without actually playing the game. :LOL:

Can't say I disagree with most of the points though, so good work guys!

EDIT: Didn't realise all those sites have played the game at E3 - I'm worried about the quality of the game, now...

Last edited:
To be honest your list about Pes 2015 faults and what needs to be addressed in Pes 2016 was great while this list here is useless to me. How can you analyze and come to conclusion just by watching videos?

Besides, don't forget those videos are early code, don't exactly reflect what you will get at release date.

I would have waited at least the demo to write a feedback list.

Last edited:
To be honest your list about Pes 2015 faults and what needs to be addressed in Pes 2016 was great while this list here is useless to me. How can you analyze and come to conclusion just by watching videos?

Besides, don't forget those videos are early code, don't exactly reflect what you will get at release date.

I would have waited at least the demo to write a feedback list.

Impressions came from people who played the game @E3.
Not just by watching vids.

Adam said give feedback. Here it is in case he misses some, tweeted to him. I think thats totally fine, he'll look it up if he has a chance and consider what to include if they still can.

Last edited:
Is is enough to judge the game issues? I don't think so.

Demo really is the first step to write a useful feedback.

Probably not, but we don´t know how thoroughly those people the feedback came from played it.

Why not give feedback already which maybe can be sorted out in the demo already?

I see where you coming from though, so not saying you´re totally wrong.

If the list really is based off actual playtime then I think it's a great idea - if it was "held back" until the demo was released, it'd be too late to change anything.

I mean, after all the positive impressions, and now reading that list (and realising it's based off actual playtime), I'm fucking worried!

Back
Top Bottom