Celtic Thread

What do the Celtic fans on here reckon the score will be on Saturday?

I honestly think that Hibs can get at least a point as we have played well against the OF recently and I havent been at all impressed with Celtic's away performances that I have seen this season (Vs Dundee and Partick)

Think it will be a bit harder to win 9-0 against Celtic though than it was tonight, but here's hoping. :D

0-4 to Celtic! he!he! only jokin'.

It'll be hard for The Bhoys but i can see us winning by 2 clear goals, Larsson and Sutton.

Tam you have a bit of a knack for getting the score right ;).

Deffo a red card, I think Bobo's been watching too much of the Vieira/RvN incident last week, what the f**k was he thinking? That's a big blow for next Sat.

Deffo a pen as well, they had two goes at Petrov, he stayed up the first time. I thought Lennon was pretty sh­ite first half.

3 points, can't argue.

Olympique Lyonnais tonite guys!!!!!! How will it go???

My heart says 2-1 to the 'Tic but my head says a draw.

Can we do it????

Yes we can do it, they are a classy outfit but we've beaten classy outfits before, like Juve and Valencia in the year they both became CHAMPIONS of Italy and Spain, and for the record they both played their stars ;).

Juninho got 3 at the weekend, he's a real danger from set-pieces so we'll have to watch out for them looking for free-kicks in and around the box. Dhorasoo was there last time we played Lyon, and he's still a great wee player. Elber we should know all about by now (I can't believe Bayern let him go). I think Govou is injured, thank fook!

They like to push the full-backs on up the pitch, so although that will stretch us at times it'll also leave room for Thommo and Diddy-a.

This could be a win, lose or draw tbh, depends which Lyon and Celtic turn up. I'm gonna go for 3-1 Celtic ;).

Someone in another thread posted up how some player always says something stupid about the other team, well true to form Elber has been slagging off Larrsson (sp).

When will they learn :roll:

The do this all the time against Celtic, although Stan Varga was saying in the press last week he thinks he can handle Elber. I still don't rate Varga really, he looks solid at times but then he goes and dives in, he does it too often for my liking.

But to actually single out Larsson and say he's not done it at a high level is pish, he's scored multiple times at 2 seperate World Cups and in European Championships, plus he got 12 last year in 12 UEFA Cup games, which although aren't as tough as the CL are certainly of a good level, much better than the SPL anyway.

ClassicD said:
But to actually single out Larsson and say he's not done it at a high level is pish, he's scored multiple times at 2 seperate World Cups and in European Championships, plus he got 12 last year in 12 UEFA Cup games, which although aren't as tough as the CL are certainly of a good level, much better than the SPL anyway.

anticipating yet another long and worthless debate decides to bite tongue....

yeah I s'pose he's not bad :)

If im right in sayin Henrik is Britains all time leading scorer in European competitions so i think that settles the argument ( if there was going to be one :D )

Andy1888 said:
If im right in sayin Henrik is Britains all time leading scorer in European competitions so i think that settles the argument ( if there was going to be one :D )

If im right he's scored shed loads of goals in europe but got no medals...

He's a top player no doubt, just been hampered by the status of the team he plays for.

He is a striker I respect a great deal, whether he played in this league or that league or the other league.

You can tell he's class whether it's playing against Partick, Porto or Brazil.

Celtic V O Lyon......................well i think we can get a win tonight we really need 1 to keep us in there.......i think it will be a hard game but i think we can win........... 2-0.

2-0 well done you have points at last. And with a 1-1 draw in Belgium between Anderlecht and Bayern, you lot are sitting 2nd on 4 points. 1 point behind Bayern.

And what is wrong with Liam Miller? Someone buy the boy a dictionary. He must have said "you know?" about 20 times in his post match interview. Mong.

foxtrot_yankee said:
2-0 well done you have points at last. And with a 1-1 draw in Belgium between Anderlecht and Bayern, you lot are sitting 2nd on 4 points. 1 point behind Bayern.

And what is wrong with Liam Miller? Someone buy the boy a dictionary. He must have said "you know?" about 20 times in his post match interview. Mong.

yip, finally got points once again i guess the corect score f***er i should have put a bet on...... :roll: .

young liam took his goal well.

The celtis first goal was good but Lyon never got going,players like Govou and Juninho were shut out.Well done Celtic. :roll:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
If im right he's scored shed loads of goals in europe but got no medals...

He's a top player no doubt, just been hampered by the status of the team he plays for.
He'll be in the same boat as van Nistelrooy and Henry then...:roll:

Tam you fecker, I swear next time you predict the score I'm off down the bookies :D.

I have to say first of all I think Larsson dived for the penalty, sure the guy touched him but never to that degree. Also, I will say Thommo again fooked the PK up, put it down the middle or put it in the corner, the worst place to put it is in between those two areas, it's where the keeper always goes, and thus where Thommo put it. Right enough the bastart was about 3 yards off his line when the ball was struck, I wish UEFA/FIFA would get this sorted, either they do it all the time or not at all.

Great performance tonight, though in the first half I thought Petrov was posted missing. Second half we really went for it and in the end 2-0 flattered Lyon. That bastard Diarra done Sutton right in the face with an elbow, UEFA better use video evidence to ban him like they did Bellamy and Shearer last year.

foxtrot, I think Liam Miller was more nervous in front of the camera than 60,000 fans :). I loved Henke in his interview, "I don't need to prove anything, I know how good I am" - couldn't have said it better myself!

And btw foxtrot, Stuttgart ain't a patch on Lyon or Bayern, good luck tomorrow (aye right ;)).

Stuggart are a fecking good team.They are first in the bundesliga and looking stronger than Bayern.Lyon were shit tonite.

Stuttgart are better than Bayern. 500 Bundesliga minutes without losing a goal. We scored 2 against them.

Anyway, this Saturday... prepare for a humping cos Bobo cannae get us.

Aye, that'll be why Bayern won the league last year by about 10 points or more. Yes Stuttgart are good, but we beat them last year, and Lyon are by far and away the best team in France. Lyon were good first half, and no matter how sh­it they played second half, you can't say we didn't play well. FFS we missed a pk and 3/4 good chances in the first half alone, only their keeper kept the score @ 2-0.

imo Stuttgart are nowhere near Lyon or Bayern's level. Stuttgart have Kuranyi and Hleb, Lyon have Govou, Dhorasoo, Juninho, Carriere, Edmilson, Elber, Coupet FFS. Anyway, that's just my opinion, we'll see how Rangers do tomorrow night and compare it with how well we played vs Bayern in Munich (unless you're going to tell me Panathinaikos are better) ;).

:roll: stuttguard are a good team but munich are better .....lyon played well but celtic wanted the win more.

stuttguard might be doing well just now but they will still finish behind munich at the end of the season.

as for sat yes we will miss bobo but old firm games r totaly unpredictable.
leauge form gose right out the window. ;)

I didnt say Celtic didnt play well.But i think Lyon and Stuggart are equal and for fuck sake Rangers have a harder group

LOL! Aye ok then, at best you could say the groups are about even, but everyone I know even Rangers fans says they have it easier than Celtic. And I know fine well what you're implying, Lyon were mince more than Celtic were good.

Anyway, let's wait till tomorrow night before real arguing!

p.s. Gnairn, are you a jag, a current bun or a geordie? You're worse than Zico for the glory hunting!

Well I didn't see any of the Celtic - Lyon match, but would just like to say well done for beating a very good Lyon team.

A really really bad glory hunter.

Partick Thistle? Well they're bottom of the SPL.

Newcastle? I like Newcastle, fav premiership team. But what have they won? ;)

:mrgreen:

lol I know at least Zico had the sense to choose a half-decent side ;).

P.S. I like Newcastle, fave English side, and have been since the Keegan era, right thru the mince of Gullit and Dalglish, to Sir Bobbadob. I do wish they'd have bought a few defenders tho!

Yes Newcastle are cool!

I remember my first Newcastle strip I bought...

plnewass98.gif

Yes!!

I still have that top too, along with a good few other Toon tops.

Anyway, back to the thread - HAIL! HAIL! THE CELTS ARE HERE! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom