Celtic Thread

Nah Blackett really is shit.

Boyata was very good tonight, good result in the end, although Molde got some result too so interesting start to the group.

League all but wrapped up.

Disappointed we were not going for a treble, Aberdeen pushed well but have slipped up at the wrong times.

Not a big fan of the manager, unless he starts changing his ways and can come up with more options to his team then I don't fancy our chances under him, most especially in Europe.

Sunday sees a semi-final against Rangers the 2nd ( :D ). Should be a fun game, big crowd, great atmosphere.

I do think Celtic will win 2-0 or 3-0/1 though, as long as Deila goes out with the players who are looking good and not falling back on old faces who have let him down, then we should do it. Young Roberts looks an exciting prospect and should pose them plenty of problems at the back.

FD

Brendan Rodgers needs his balls kicked, and probably from every Celtic fan out there.

Guy is a brainless twat for doing no homework on what he was inheriting.

He was too busy inviting the Captain down to his house in England for a lunch, he should have been organising his transfer out the club.

Too much deadwood and whilst this did surprise me, I really shouldn't be with this team. Having brought in only 1 player he needs flogged.

I do predict we'll win comfortably in the 2nd leg, but if brainless Brendan doesn't take heed of this game, then he'll not be in a job for long, which might not be a bad thing as if he trusts the wad of players in that squad he's in for a hell of a fright.

Complete novice mistake by him.

FD

This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, Frank.
This will wake the players and the staff up...
Home match can never be a problem...

Well think you were right Gerd.

Things have certainly changed.

I'm not very hopeful for CL, it was funny again getting Barca, just seems to go hand in hand every time we qualify. But we're there and that's the main thing, long as we put up a good fight then that'll do for me.

Domestically we are looking very strong, whilst that might sound strange due to the strength of the league, it's actually rather accurate as in the last few years we've seemed to make hard work of a lot of games, however this season feels a bit like the Martin O'Neill era when we were blowing teams away.

Yeah it may turn out a big defecit between us winning the league (which I believe we will) and 2nd team, I'm excited hoping we can get a treble.

FD

CL is too big Scottish and Belgian teams.
This may seem provocative, but it isn't meant to be. I think at the moment even English clubs can't win the CL.

The Cl is for clubs like: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern...occasionally another club might try to spoil the party for those clubs (lately Atletico Madrid, before that Porto and before that Ajax), but basically this will always be one-offs...

If you see that clubs like PSG and Manchester City aren't good enough and that legendary clubs like Ajax, Benfica are there to play second or third fiddle...then you know that the competition is unfair.

Yeah mate I agree, and with the new shambolic rules that look like coming in to railroad even more teams straight in, it's getting a joke.

FD

Oh they're definitely a contender this season.

Was more referring to the last years when the consistently best teams have been the "top 3", the teams you're really surprised not to see in the SF

Great match by Celtic, Frank!
That Dembele guy seems a very good player...Spurs wanted to buy hin in january...

Yeah he's done really well after a slow start. Just turned 20. Don't think we'll have him too long. Great prospect though, has pace and power and can obviously score at the highest level.

I hated it! Haven't felt nerves like that all season

LOL, yeah you had to bring on a £50m defender to hang on................................. :p Nah, you'll be okay anyway, was a great game, but Barca and City will easily make the next round so I wouldn't let last night worry too much.

Yeah, I'd love to see Celtic somehow do it, but I feel for the best City and Barca to beat Borussia M and just leave us to fight it out and maybe Barca or City put tools away for our games. Still hard to see us make it though.

FD

I watched the other game.
Mönchengladbach are a very good team. They dominated Barca in the first half but ran out of stream in the second.
They have one of my favourite players: Dahout. Great player.

Well after the first game I'm surprised at both teams turnaround performance last night.

But we had an excellent chance for European football after Xmas, but now I think both teams won't pick up another point.

Not updated for a while, whilst this league was over a long time ago, I'm still enjoying it. The possibility of going unbeaten domestically is exciting and the opportunity of a treble.

Enjoying Celtic under Brendan Rodgers, great attacking players, the likes of Sinclair, Roberts, Forrest and obviously Dembele are awesome.

FD

1 game from invincibility, from.record books the best ever record of any team in history.

Regardless of league strength a great achievement.

Enjoyed watching this team.

Not sure how it'll turn out for him but that boy Roberts is something special.

FD

So what are you guys predictions for next season. We're treble treble winners now so I really wouldn't be too upset with sacrificing a wee Betfred Cup of it meant we could focus on Europe

Well... In hindsight, we've won the Betfred Cup & have qualified from our Europa League group. Maybe CL was the sights back then, of course, but I bet you'd never have imagined we'd perform like that. Especially with the stick the board was getting for giving Lenny the gig full-time. Maybe time for what the season may hold after Xmas?
So what are you guys predictions for next season. We're treble treble winners now so I really wouldn't be too upset with sacrificing a wee Betfred Cup of it meant we could focus on Europe

Back
Top Bottom