Celtic Thread

A

Andy1888

Lets get one thing sorted right away, they'll be no sectarian bile on this thread or im sure the mods will have no hesitation ( again ) in closing this topic. Lets keep the thread as a Celtic only zone and if anyone wants to have laugh or a joke then feel free but lets cut out the sectarian stuff! :D

I'll start then:

According to radio reports Ivan De La Pena has stated that he'll sign for The Hoops but only if they spare him another trial period! If that is his attitude then id rather we overlook him, what do you think guys??!

I agree, his agent hit out with this:

"Ivan felt the offer to play in Qatar was not attractive enough and now we are hoping to conclude a deal with Celtic as soon as possible. We are hoping Celtic will contact us with an offer today, but the player won't come on trial. He'll come only if he has a contract offer dependent on a medical. Then it will be up to the player to work hard and get as fit as possible to be available for the manager."

So he wants a contract which guarantees him $$$, even though he's admitting he isn't fit yet, and thus can't show his true ability. That's logical. I'd like to sign him, but I'm pretty sure MON won't be held to ransom over it, if he'll not take another trial it'll be no skin off MON's nose, he can't play in the CL anyway...

Agathe can't appeal his red card:

"Newspaper quotes attributed to SFA president John McBeth on Monday suggested that special provision could be made to consider the evidence available.

But McBeth has claimed that he was misrepresented in the report and an SFA spokesman has confirmed that the red card will stand.

SFA head of disciplinary affairs Drew Herbertson said: "There are no grounds for appeal whatsoever. We will not be changing the rules and there is no room for manoeuvre.

"Didier Agathe was sent off for denying the opposing team or opponent a goal or an obvious chance of scoring a goal, which is stated in the laws of the game, so that is the end of the matter.

"He will now have to serve a one-match suspension with immediate effect."

Effin bastards, so you can appeal if you stud someone in the face but not if you've been wrongly adeemed to have fouled somone? FFS Novo tried to kick Agathe that's why he fell, typical SFA...

I'd like to sign him also but the statement from his agent IMO stinks, Celtic don't have to pursue De La Pena but De La Pena has to pursue a football career, if it doesn't work out then he'll only have himself to blame!

A point about our friend in the black on saturday, if he was 30 yards closer to the incident then maybe he wouldn't have sent Agathe off, also how can he include the Lennon incident in his match report even though he did not witness Lennon telling the Dundee fans it was 1-0?? If he did see the gesture then surely he would have sent Lennon off ( btw i wouldn't have blamed the ref if he did, it was stupid even though provoked).

Lastly, Varga had a good game on saturday but i couldn't see past Bobo fro MOM, i thought he was awesome all match and capped it with a bullet header!

I don't think Celtic should give this de la Pena a contract. He snubs you first, buggers off to Qatar then finds out he's not going to get as much money as he thought so now Celtic better cough up a contract or else?

Pffffffft. Who does this guy think he is? Tell him to get his pension elsewhere.

Yes it sounds very fishy indeed, but I won't complain if we sign him and he does well. It's almost 100% certain he won't be signing now anyway, there's no way MON will pay out a contract after 3 days of watching him train and a single bounce game against Livi reserves, he said so himself a day or so ago.

So far that's DLP's agent said "the Qatar offer was too good to to refuse" and now it's "the Qatar offer wasn't attractive enough". I'm not gonna bash the player, if all he's after is money then fair play to him, but I don't want him at Celtic if that's the case.

Well I'm going the other way, I'm bemused MO has the cheek to offer these guys trials, maybe he should've done this before signing bufters like Douglas, Guppy, Ferandez and Sylla and giving Jamie Smith a trial for the youth team into the bargain. If they have an injury fair enough, you have to see what happens but the guys have ability and DLP has the ability, so why not give him the contract?

Personally I thought Varga was outstanding and deserved the MOM, Balde was immense and Larsson was brilliant working his socks off. I didn't get a chance to post in the old thread, but I don't know what game you where watching CD to say Liam Miller played well, I have spoken to a lot of fans (some who where at the game) who thought he was awful. I think he was trying to hard, he worked his butt off, but sorry he played a stinker and his mistake trying to dribble lead to Agathe's sending off. I know he looked like he was switched to the right, but his general play was abysmal. However he's a good player and I know he can do better than that.

FD

Young Liam was guilty of giving the ball away 4 or 5 times and seemed a little of the pace, but he's still young and if he can show the confidence and skill that he has done recently then MON will have no qualms in picking him again.

I said Miller was poor first half, however in the second he wasn't too bad, I don't think everything he did was "abysmal" or constitutes saying he had "a stinker", he made a great run from his own half in the second-half, crossed for Petrov. Although he has played a lot better.

As for giving them trials, the other guys didn't need trials because they had been playing regular football, and MON knew what they were capable of. DLP and Dani played well about 4 years ago, and since then both have failed everywhere they've went. I know the board are stingy bastarts but I don't want them to fling money at the pair and hope for the best, look at the state of the current buns, they did that a few years ago. Dani is a known troublesome style of player, De La Pena has a bit of a reputation for being a money-grabbing fat bastard. I know the guys you mentioned that should have had trials aren't great but tbh were they ever that great in the first place? That's a fault with MON's judgement if that's the case, but not with giving them a trial.

I also didn't think Sylla was too bad, thought he did a lot of running, although looked knackered very quickly. Maloney came on and did a good job up front too. Big John was so sluggish it was laughable, he couldn't get off the ground to hear the ball.

FD

Who's wrong about DLP? I said he's failed everywhere he's been since being proclaimed as the next big thing at Barca...:eh:

MON is raging about today's news:

"Martin O’Neill has pleaded with the SFA to bring an end to the anomalies and inconsistencies which he believes are shaming and embarrassing our national game.

At the end of a day in which he learned that Didier Agathe has little hope of overturning the highly controversial red card he picked at Dens Park on Saturday and that Neil Lennon could be banned for making an offensive gesture to Dundee fans, the Celtic boss has spoken of his belief that the SFA is in danger of losing all credibility.

O’Neill considers that those in charge at Hampden have been shown to have displayed double standards in reacting very differently to the incidents involving Lennon and Chris Sutton and those involving two of Scotland’s player in the Westfalen Stadium last week.

Now he believes clarification on what is and is not acceptable – not to mention when TV evidence can and cannot be used to punish and exonerate - is essential if further embarrassment is to be avoided.

Speaking exclusively to the Celtic website, he said: “The SFA cannot play God on one hand, handing down bans and the likes, and then Pontius Pilate on the other, washing their hands when it suits them.

“It seems quite nonsensical to me that something as clear-cut as Didier Agathe’s red card cannot be overturned when others can be. But it’s even more infuriating because we’re seeing with the Neil Lennon thing what CAN be done by video evidence.

“On one hand, Didier Agathe can have an injustice visited upon him and TV evidence is not used while, on the other, Neil Lennon is being punished using the same means.

“There has to be some consistency on this issue otherwise the whole thing becomes a total nonsense and you lose credibility. For example, can someone tell me the difference between Neil Lennon making an alleged gesture to the crowd and Christian Dailly making a clear abusive gesture towards one of the German players last week.

“Now, no-one for one second wants Christian Dailly to be in any trouble, but there’s a clear inconsistency there. It’s the same with Chris Sutton being banned for what he said at Rugby Park and then both Dailly and James McFadden being allowed to call the German team ‘cheats’. I don’t see one blind bit of difference.

“Until someone comes up and explains these particular things to me properly, I’m at a loss. Does we then assume that it’s alright to say and do things when another country is involved, just not in your own back yard. We need clarification, and I’m willing to listen to anything the SFA have to say.”

O’Neill also admitted to being baffled at the anomaly surrounding the overturning of red cards, having learned that Agathe has no right appeal because he was sent off for ‘denying a clear goalscoring opportunity’ rather than ‘violent conduct’. And he called on referee Dougie McDonald to atone for his error by clearing the French wingback.

He said: “It’s been shown on television to be completely clear that the referee made a mistake. Now, anyone can make a mistake, but the referees get a lot more respect if they hold up their hands and make some form of amends. I think the referee would come out with a great deal of credit if that was the case.”

The SFA are total wankers. I can't believe how up their own arses they are.

They just cannot accept the fact that one of their referees made a wrong decision. The use of TV evidence would clear Agathe of his red card and reduce it to a yellow. But no, the referee is always right, even when he's completely wrong.

How can the SFA justify the use of TV pictures to penalise a guilty player but not to clear the name of an innocent one?

Altogether now you all know the words...
SFA, wank, wank, wank!
SFA, wank, wank, wank!

As for Neil Lennon, he deserves all he gets.

Can anyone remember this quote after Celtic were made to play Rangers in what was a league decider on our part, a couple of days after returning from playing Boavista?

MON - "this would never happen if was Rangers"

Well it would appear he's been proven correct. Why has the Hearts vs Rangers game been moved to SUNDAY, after having played at home against Stuttgart on the Tuesday? Celtic have to play on the Saturday after playing on the Wednesday, so Rangers have 2 days more to recover, in addition to the fact they are doing bugger all travelling.

After some of the recent SFA/SPL decisions, no wonder Celtic fans are paranoid :roll: .

MON statements have been interesting reading, its just a pity the papers want to exaggerate by making it headline news. Martin has said nothing that IMO deems to be wrong or inflammatory, stating only facts.

Im pleased Classic that you also remembered O'Neills statement, im just checking though that this game was put back as part of the TV deal.

Sorry, should have said that, I knew it was on TV but doesn't make any sense as the games are usually 12:30 on a Saturday anyway, that's the point I'm making - one rule for us, one for everyone else...

Ballack and Pizarro have come through training without any problems, they'll be playing it seems.

Referee is Massimo De Santis, of Italy. Never heard of him, hope he's half-decent.

Some one PLEASE get rid of this poor excuse for a human being calling himself "we7wonder"

He is a waste of a human being and his skin, vital organs and oxygen consumption should be used on some poor terminally ill child who deserves to be given a chance in life - not on bigoted SCUM like this who have no place in a civilised society.

This is an open forum to discuss the values/merits/trials and tribulations of the sport that we all love. FOOTBALL.

There is banter abound for sure, but this is not to be trivialised as an open forum for bigoted sh*te like this.

Let's talk football - what the site is for.

Sounds like the Imperial Lord Ferg could be getting a ring of MON in the near future but as usual Fergies giving nowt away.

O'Neill was receptive to the suggestion that he might have a talk with Sir Alex Ferguson, who is not only a friend of Hitzfeld, but has jousted with him often enough to be au fait with his habits, the way he goes about planning matches and how he reacts to given situations in the course of them.

'I hadn't thought of that, but you've given me an idea,' he said. 'I may well give Alex a call. I had a little chat with him at a meeting of European club managers in Geneva last week and what he did say was that we should enjoy playing at the Olympic Stadium in Munich.

'He also said we might not win, but that we would enjoy the experience, so, as usual, he was covering himself. That really is the bottom line for us, that we love every minute of playing in the tournament. We remember the disappointment of losing to FC Basel in the qualifier last season.'

from the Guardian.

Anyone going will have a ball specially as the beer fest is on, the Munich fans are the best ive ever met in terms of hospitality and welcoming away fans.

Looking forward to this game.....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Thank feck they didnt let any of the OF down here with all this sh*t.....
I'm not out to argue, but you have to remember idiots like this chap are in the minority, I ask you not to infer that this is what it'd be like if the OF were in the Premiership - for instance the Celtic fans got the UEFA fair play award, and I know the large majority of Rangers fans are not like this either.

ClassicD said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Thank feck they didnt let any of the OF down here with all this sh*t.....
I'm not out to argue, but you have to remember idiots like this chap are in the minority, I ask you not to infer that this is what it'd be like if the OF were in the Premiership - for instance the Celtic fans got the UEFA fair play award, and I know the large majority of Rangers fans are not like this either.

Your right I didnt think that out before I typed it. it was just reading some of the stuff pissed me off.

I know that fans from both sides are sick of this sh*t.

ripkord said:
well the euro qualifier last week wasnt pretty :l

dont think there will be any trouble, off the park anyway :)

oh rite I thought you meant that fans had been having a ruckus or something.

nah off the park the jocks and krauts will be knocking back them beers :)

Calling all Mods!!!! Please send this we7wonder off! As i stated at the top of this thread sectarian issues of any kind should not be tolerated! I can have a laugh and a joke ( god im married to a catholic Rangers fan) but this sh!t is below the belt!

Back
Top Bottom