New Englan Captain

D

Dead Man

John Terry is the new Englan captain>

Thought guys?

I personally wante Stevie G.

I think an excellent choice, a born leader, more consistent than Gerrard, and can see the game better from CB, and will always lead by example even if he's not got the Armband

Gerrard would have been the best choice from an England point of view, he is a really inspirational player that thrives off the responsibility. However as a Liverpool fan i'm pleased that Gerrard will be focused on Liverpool as I don't really give a shite about the national team.

If Gerrard had been named captain, then everyone would be complaining Terry should have got it. You cant please everyone. Personally I dont think it makes a difference who is captain, England will still get knocked out of the next competition.

Gerrard's inspiration comes from his love for Liverpool, Terry's inspiration comes from his strong desire to win. And because of this, Gerrard is clearly better for Liverpool than he is for England. Whereas Terry is more or less consistant for both club and country.
Terry is the way to go.

RuneEdge said:
Gerrard's inspiration comes from his love for Liverpool, Terry's inspiration comes from his strong desire to win. And because of this, Gerrard is clearly better for Liverpool than he is for England. Whereas Terry is more or less consistant for both club and country.
Terry is the way to go.

Nail on the head. :applause:

This is why I prepared JT over Gerrard, although I would have been happy with Gerrard as it was still a step up from Beckham.

I don't think Terry plays as well for England as he does for Chelsea, and Gerrard plays slightly out of position for England. Either way though both are tonnes better then Becks.

I thoought Neville might have been in with a shout, but i guess Stevie Mac is looking towards the next world cup and Nev probably wont make that.

Either JT or Gerrard would have been a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom