New feature regarding kits

dieseluk

Non-League
29 July 2003
Don't know if this has been posted but I noticed that when you are at the kit selection menu if you press triangle you can change a teams shirt, shorts or socks to the away kit. Pressing r1 switches between the teams and it allows for some different kit variations.

Lovejoy! said:
i'd only just noticed this today too \o/ its ace. finally, man utd with black shorts and red shirt :D
It's good and I always use it. But i still doesn't help when you're playing Man United vs Barcelona as almost all the possible combinations are too similar to each other (apart from the white shorts). Barca vs Barca - you're screwed!

united will use black shorts though when using the blue away kit in some cases i can assure you, ill make mine with black shorts

so you can have man u red shirt black away shorts and blck away socks or england red shirt nd home shorts blue

MikeyM said:
But surely United's second kit is all blue, so you'd wind up with blue shorts!

Mike

In the game they have
Home: red shirt, white shorts, black socks.
Away: black shirt, black shorts, black socks.
So you can pick and choose from any of those.

In my opinion, the away kit should be very different from the home kit. Do United have a white kit at all this season? That would be one I'd probably use.

At the end of the day it's up to the people who are making the nice looking kits on the option files - and eventually the patchmakers. Let's campaign to ensure the home and away kits look different to each other! :)

This is a big pain every year, and even this year with that big breakthrough feature, Konami have screwed it up on some teams - eg AS Roma have the home kit of red shirt white shorts and black socks, then the all white away kit. So you can't create the white shirt-black shorts that you need when they play away at certain other teams. Whereas if they'd given black shorts to Roma away, you could still have chosen the all white kit by using home shorts.

I remember on my last patch cut-and-pasting some teams home shorts and away shorts and swapping them, just so that their away kit didn't clash. At least we won't have to do that this time, assuming the kit insertion is ever fixed.

j4y3m said:
Indeed, Barca's second kit is pretty much beside the point of having 2nd kits, I always import the 3rd kit as soon as I can.
Seconded.

There is a point to having an away kit and in Barca's case.. their 2nd one with blue still in it is useless that's why I also always used the 3rd one.

Same with any other team whose away kit was too much like first one in terms of colour but thankfully there isn't that many of them.

Alberto Tomba said:
Thats a great sig right there LOL

I'm ok with the options so far. But I hate the interface. In prev version you get a nice interface where you can actually see the real kit (logos badeges and all). Now it.s such a cartoony thing. And has anyone noticed that there don't seem to be any team flags shown here.

They could have kept the interface and just enhanced it with the option to mix and match.

I also agree with all ov you, its about time for 3rd kits. After all theres tons of space left on the damm DVD.

Cheers.

If we did have 3rd kist then editing would take soooo long! and besides that most teams dont have a 3rd kit,..only teams who play in Europe need one..

Rather than overcomplicating things with a 3rd ingame kit, they should use a bit of common sense regarding the second choice of kits and consider clashes taking into account the opponent's kits.

yeah, game needs to have 3rd kits

also, would be preferable to be able to select which keepers kits are used as sometimes they end up clashing with one of the outfield kits

and also, the ref's kits can clash with a team's kit too, so they should be selectable at start of match....although the fact that in WE9, the refs kit can change back and forth during a match doesn't help ;)

Yeah I agree on the third kits, there's a few teams in the Eredivisie with home and away kits that clash with each other (Willem II being a good example), and when will Konami ever put home and away keeper kits for licenced teams? 'Tis annoying playing say, PSV in their away kit and their keeper wears a kit in the same shade of blue. :(

Back
Top Bottom