New Football Boots

Stuart said:
the addidas gun metal preds ae my personal favourites, they were comfy as well :)

Yea they are but it pisses me off when the elastic holding down the tongue stretches and becomes loose

Stuart said:
the addidas gun metal preds ae my personal favourites, they were comfy as well :)

Did you buy the Manics or the Manias (one is kinda expensive, the other is very expensive)? I bought the $100 ones last week on clearance of r $50, and plan on testing them out today. I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference.

ghazi said:
Stuart said:

Did you buy the Manics or the Manias (one is kinda expensive, the other is very expensive)? I bought the $100 ones last week on clearance of r $50, and plan on testing them out today. I was wondering if there was a noticeable difference.

Alright - I tested them out. You certainly get more curl on your toe shots and crosses, but these shoes were not comfortable at all. My arches were killing me after 20 minutes. THey funny thing is that I just sold a $40 pair of Adidas to a friend for $20 and they were 10 times more comfy than my new Preds. the bastard refuses to give them back to me, though.

On a positive note, my instep shots seemed to be harder and more accurate than usual, and this was my first time playing in 5 months.

pds002001400_zoom.jpg

The black Pulses were officially released today.
£120

I can get them for £89.00. Anyone got them?are they good?

Dunno, dude. they look lethal. Just make sure you dont get the soft ground version shown. . unless that is they type of field you play on. You probably want the Frim Ground model.

ghazi said:
Dunno, dude. they look lethal. Just make sure you dont get the soft ground version shown. . unless that is they type of field you play on. You probably want the Frim Ground model.

Whys that then?

I was thinking of either getting the predator pulse or the pulsion but i was wondering of someone could outline some of the big differences between the predator pulse and the predator pulsion. The Predator pulsion is the mid range one for £59.99

Thanks for the help

Yes but in jjb stu they are only £89.00, not bad at all when considering the last ones were £129.00 when they came out.

can better boots make me better off on the field???

Well they must give you some advantages other wise how could they sell them at different prices!

stesh said:
ghazi said:

Whys that then?

The difference between SG (Soft ground) and FG (Firm ground) is in the cleats/studs of the shoe. the SG are longer and circular shaped to dig into soft grass/mud. These are better on wetter and softer pitches where the longer cleats will provide more stablity and traction.

FG cleats are shorter and longer, like rectangles, to provide more surface area of contact for a firmer and dryer field.

SG and FG come in all the various levels of shoes (ex. Mania Preds vs Manics preds).

The difference b/w one level of the same shoe and its higher priced twin is usually the padding for the foot, and the material on the outside. With the Predators, the $200 Manias are kangaroo leather, whereas the Manics are a different type of leather which is obvious to the touch. The $200 version are more comfy as well.

But at the end of the day -it comes down to a good fit. My $100 Preds are far less comfy than the old $40 adidas I had before them. :x

when i tryed on the F50's they felt weird!, size 9 couldnt get them on, size 10 miles too big!

I am planning to get either a pair of Nike Air Total Zoom 90 (White and Black, Rio style) or a pair of Adidas Predator Gunmetals.

I normally play either right back or defensive midfield. Could anyone advise on which pair to buy? I am plan to buy them today!!

You should go to www.nikefootball.com and design your own boots, you can choose the design, the colours and you can put your name or initials on the tongue and the side, proper bo I tell thee! :lol:

gooner2005 said:
You should go to www.nikefootball.com and design your own boots, you can choose the design, the colours and you can put your name or initials on the tongue and the side, proper bo I tell thee! :lol:

Yeah, if i had a spare £170 to spend then yeah, but my budget is £70 MAX. Its just I know somewhere which has these two boots on sale.

the_joker360 said:
I am planning to get either a pair of Nike Air Total Zoom 90 (White and Black, Rio style) or a pair of Adidas Predator Gunmetals.

I normally play either right back or defensive midfield. Could anyone advise on which pair to buy? I am plan to buy them today!!

Both top quality.

Back
Top Bottom