New interview - explains edit mode, no bundesliga and may things

psimonius said:
Well, Konami don't ask for £120 of your money every year.
:lol: So if I asked them they'd say "please stop buying all of our games!! Only buy one version"? Come on, that's a ridiculous statement. They're a business. They run on money.

psimonius said:
Just because you are a mug enough to keep buying all these versions may well mean you're unbiased if you prefer the current FIFA.
I want the best football game, that's all I want. We all do. In my opinion, that doesn't describe PES6 - not because of the minimal improvements made (and the lag in the controls), but because I love the freedom in FIFA 07. If FIFA can copy PES's gameplay then PES should definitely steal FIFA's passing system.

But saying that, I realise that to those who don't like FIFA on the 360, PES6 will be the best football game out there.

psimonius said:
To automatically make anyone that doesn't shell out £120 a year biased as they are sane enough to see FIFA is still relatively poor in comparison is stupid. Honestly, how dumb is that?
I didn't say anybody who doesn't buy all the versions of PES and WE every year is biased. I just said that I wasn't. I've been here for years, I've loved the game for years. When I saw WE6FE I thought all my Christmas's had come at once. With each version I was more and more miffed that the only improvements seemed to be minimal, but knowing that the game was the best football game out there, I thought to myself "it's worth it for the fun you get out of it". But in my personal opinion, there is very little difference between PES5 and PES6, and what differences there are, there are more bad points (delay in controls is a bitch online, frustration isn't the WORD) than good points (facial graphics on the 360 are the best yet).

psimonius said:
It is their job to give a description as they see fit. They don't intentionally set out to praise PES just so FIFA looks bad. As it is, FIFA is good but still way behind PES. Their reviews support that fact.
Again, I didn't say that any other reviewers were biased, not at all. They give their opinion, and it has to be said that the majority who have played PES and FIFA 07 still prefer PES, fair enough. FIFA is lightyears ahead in my personal opinion, though.

(Incidentally, I hate how every single line has to be followed by "in my personal opinion, though" now)

psimonius said:
My second comment wasn't aimed at you in particular but it is interesting that you avoid answering. Do you claim to own the 360 version?
I don't own it, but I've played it several times. As I've said before in other threads, I'm not here to prove anything and browse around with an ego, so I don't want to say too much. If anyone does or doesn't believe me, it's not my concern.

I'm allowed to have my opinion though and I stand by what is in my signature. Konami could do so much more, but they don't, and for as long as people lap the games up, the game will never be "next-gen" (by which I mean lots of changes, freedom of movement without magnetism, FIFA's manual passing system, a master league system which immerses you by mirroring real life and not fantasy by including lower leagues - unlicensed to save their precious cash, more competitions to enter, more online game modes than just one-offs - a better game). Again, whether this is believed or not I don't care, but I know that the programming they've done would not have kept them occupied for that long. At least, not if they were organised and had set programmers for set bits and pieces. They only produce the game for the Japanese market, we get the same game but accompanied by a press conference with Seabass as if to say "this is your game", and two tweaks.

I'm not here to start arguments, believe it or not. I have nothing against people who like PES, who dislike FIFA (with "real" reasons, which the majority have). My issue is that Konami could give us so much more but they just don't, and it's not fair.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom