New interview - explains edit mode, no bundesliga and may things

raul_ole

Champions League
11 August 2005
POLAND
! REAL MADRID !
"With the PES European championship in Dublin we could play not only extensively pro evolution Soccer 6 at Xbox 360 and PS2, but also lead an interview with the father of the football simulation: Shingo “Seabass” Takatsuka. The master of Japanese ball physics expressed itself to the German league loss, to the PlayStation 3 and coming feature.

4Players: Erstmal congratulations on pro evolution Soccer 6! All journalists here in Dublin are itself united that Konami could make again a grandioses play more grandioser a bit. How do you deal with the pressure to have to create each year this jump?
Seabass: Yes, the pressure is enormous each year. But it is not the pressure that we must absolutely deliver a better play than last year. It is rather the pressure to fulfill new expectations of the fans as well as possible. We collect the feedback very with the utmost care and want each year with realistic football a new enthusiasm to kindle.

4Players: Although we are spielerisch inspired, a fader taste for German players remains: the league is missing. In PES4 and PES5 there was a German league with fictitious association names and leotards, now is only the FC Bavaria Munich thereby…
Seabass: Yes, us quasi in last minute the rights were extracted.

4Players: The DFL forbade even a simulated league. The fans are naturally sour. What do you think of this cutting?
Seabass: We are annoyed also much, the whole team are correctly sour. On the one hand we had already prepared the values and statistics for the German crews. And then these license problems ensure for the fact that all work in vain was. The whole team is correctly sour. We will set however everything to prevent this absence in the next year.

4Players: Actually there is a point of criticism only regarding the Xbox 360: the fade window blind. We were disappointed something that the spectators and the Stadiondrumherum were not brought on NEXT generation level. Why didn't that fold? And itself is Konami of this weak point conscious?
Seabass: Yes, we know around this weakness. And we are even not content honestly said with the fan window blind on the Xbox 360. We are about already to improve for the next year. There some will do.

4Players: The Germans played a quite good WM. And the team plays itself in PES6 recreating differently, substantially more actively and more offensively. Did you improve the values of the crew in view of the achievement?
Seabass: Yes! We adapted a great many values. I was simply very done by the German crew. With the WM in Japan they did not please me yet so well, but in this year they were correctly good. Therefore I took over personally the programming of the Germans.

4Players: Thus aren't we mistaken the fact that Michael Ballack plays aka “Kruger” e.g. clearly more strongly and more effectively from the second row takes off?
Seabass: That is correct, Michael Ballack is now as a guidance player more salient.

4Players: How is with the individual team strengths? Is it correct that the tactical march direction of the crews is to be recognized etc. now on the basis their operating attitude that one notices the play style more clearly? We could examine so far not all teams so intensively.
Seabass: Correctly. Brazil and the FC Barcelona will fast notice for example as very offensive teams conceived - who plays it with the standard attitudes, that they look for rather the way by the center. Germany was designed however for the wing play over lame. We want to arrange this system for PES7 still clearer.

4Players: Isn't there there a conflict between the individual and the team strengths?
Seabass: That is the challenge. We will offer side for the next expenditures on still more individual values and statistics. On the other side we want the soul of the teams still more strongly rausarbeiten. The balance between individuality and collective is the difficulty.

4Players: If one the PS2 and the 360-Fassung compares: Were the animations taken over simply 1:1 or refined and/or supplemented for of Microsoft console?
Seabass: On the PS2 have we between 4000 and 5000 animations. If we had arranged all this completely again for the Xbox 360, we would alone have used two to three years for it - thus we took over the basic stick. But naturally we integrated 360 also completely new movements for the Xbox.

4Players: Which for example?
Seabass: For example the early taking of the ball or the firing movement. Both was refined for the Xbox 360 and is so not on the PS2 to be seen. In addition we have a fully mobile fussspitze only on the Xbox 360. Again also many hand movements and natural the Mimik are; those provides on of Microsoft console for the first time for furious or merry face expressions.

4Players: Why doesn't one have the full editing function, which possesses the PS2-Fassung on the Xbox 360?
Seabass: We had to be limited here simply for time reasons to the substantial. The editing function of the PS2 is so complex, since one can change each detail. And there we for the Xbox 360 many new diagrams use, we still at least six to twelve months for the full editing extent would have used. But I promise now already that the next PES will likewise offer on the Xbox 360 everything.

4Players: So far one could play on-line on the Xbox only one against one. Will it give on-line tournaments to live ones for Xbox also?
Seabass: No, for it the time was not also enough unfortunately. We had to already program this on-line mode opposite PES5 completely again. Now the whole has to do nothing more with on-line mode of the PS2. The advantage is that the play barness is now in the Internet a better.

4Players: Why did you decide for Santa Cruz as Coverfigur?
Seabass: That has many reasons. On the one hand Wolfgang Ebert [European PR manager Konami] likes it. (laughs) on the other hand there were not with the player search also many alternatives - either had other professionals of the FC Bavaria vacation and was in the hot phase of the decision not to be achieved or it had already different contracts. It was like Katz and a mouse play.

4Players: As far you are with the development of Winning Eleven 11 [the Japanese version of PES; Note D. Talk.] for the PlayStation 3?
Seabass: We are nearly finished. Property it is that we could gain already very much experience with the Xbox 360-Code and the whole thereby more easily to transfer to be able.

4Players: John Carmack said that the PlayStation is to be programmed 3 more with difficulty than the Xbox 360. Which experiences made you?
Seabass: I agree it. One can transfer a PC play more easily to the Xbox 360 than to the PS3. However one may not forget that it is no longer so heavy for us as experienced PS2-Entwickler. And I think that in, two years will again relate itself, if all could gain this experience.

4Players: Will it give also a version of pro to evolution Soccer for the Wii?

Seabass: We say neither nor no. But can be safe you that we think about it. (laughs)

4Players: Thank you for the interview." thanks to scoozer

Han said:
About editing:

HOW substantial will this be?? :(

like this:

TODAY I PLAYED PES 6 AT HMV IN OXFORD STREET AND I THINK I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CHECK THE EDIT MODE AND I HAVE TO SAY EDIT MODE IS SO BAD YOU CAN ONLY EDIT PLAYER LIKE CHANGE NAME ,NUMBER WHOS CAPTIAN AND POSTION THATS ALL

that should be official for now :(

raul_ole said:
"

4Players: Erstmal congratulations on pro evolution Soccer 6! All journalists here in Dublin are itself united that Konami could make again a grandioses play more grandioser a bit. How do you deal with the pressure to have to create each year this jump?

Seabass: Yes, the pressure is enormous each year. But it is not the pressure that we must absolutely deliver a better play than last year. It is rather the pressure to fulfill new expectations of the fans as well as possible. We collect the feedback very with the utmost care and want each year with realistic football a new enthusiasm to kindle.

I hate these Bullshit interviews.
Same crap everytime: asskissing followed by lies.
And they never ask about why the masterleague is shit and has been for years now.

--> Julien:
That would indeed be VERY substantial. I still hope he tried to change a lisenced player, were you normally can't change much. At least transferring a player should be a substantional thing to do...

This makes the story about the update-guy at ebay - who said everything as as editable as the PS2 an untrue story, to put it mildly...

holy crap, none of that made sense to me. Lol.

"PlayStation is to be programmed 3 more with difficulty than the Xbox 360. Which experiences made you?"

"clearly more strongly and more effectively from the second row takes off?"

WTF!? lol

but they've all but confirmed theres no way to patch this years game. i'm tempted to go fifa every day :( (not just because of edit mode, but the lack of new features every year also puts me off, except for a few gameplay tweaks, how different is PES 3 from PES 5? yep.)

konami gets poor!!!!! realy poor! now without bundesliga??? and a shit edit mode???? go home konami and take lessons:shock: :( !

i will not pay for betaversions! every year the same!!!!! gameplay is not enough!

Han said:
--> Julien:
That would indeed be VERY substantial. I still hope he tried to change a lisenced player, were you normally can't change much. At least transferring a player should be a substantional thing to do...

i doubt that, as the option to transfer players for example isn't dependend on wether their team is licensed or not...

Other words Konami have just completly riped us off for PES6 on x box 360! might aswell have no botherd and just waited for PES7

X box 360 - 280 pounds
PES 6 - 50 pounds
Edit mode? - Priceless

Cheers Konami i will enjoy fifa this year

marsmaniac's post says it all im afraid, they may have well of said, we are going to put all the effort into the ps3 version and then convert it over to the xbox.

Konami are tossers

im leaning towards fifa by the day now. konami release a demo so we can make our minds up.

the only thing that makes me not want to switch is the AI. Fifa's is rubbish.

I think I'll cancel my preorder and stick with WE10 on the PS2 for the time being; if the gameplay on the XB360 really is significantly superior, then I might consider purchasing the game. Hope they sort out the editing facility for the next release.

How is it possible that Seabass didn't have enough time for the edit mode and other features?! Half year ago he said that he started to work on the 360 version june 2005! That's 18 months!! So what he says is bullshit. Konami is just lazy.

the last question should have been:

Why do you release a game when it's done only 50% ?

The only acceptable way woulde be to offer it as nice price game (like Table Tennis)

for crhying out loud is this true? no proper edit mode? its mad enough that you cant patch the game but no edit mode? i am VERY close to canceling the pre order and just buy the PC version which IMO sounds 100 times better than this crap!!

Konami you are leaning towards me turning into the dark side (FIFA)

jeblo05 said:
Why do you release a game when it's done only 50% ?
I didn' realize but i think you're right. I don't mind one year without PES but having a lot of improvements 2 years later is a clever choice. If Konami wants to stay in the business, Seabass has to make this choice. He has to provide things that fifa can't so it's a long work.

what bothers me most is this:

4Players: If one the PS2 and the 360-Fassung compares: Were the animations taken over simply 1:1 or refined and/or supplemented for of Microsoft console?
Seabass: On the PS2 have we between 4000 and 5000 animations. If we had arranged all this completely again for the Xbox 360, we would alone have used two to three years for it - thus we took over the basic stick. But naturally we integrated 360 also completely new movements for the Xbox.

so this next-gen game doesn't have all the ps2 animations? good lord, I'm dying to see what we get extra to compensate for the 2000-3000 current gen animations that are missing

this doesnt sound too good for the PS3 version:

4Players: As far you are with the development of Winning Eleven 11 [the Japanese version of PES; Note D. Talk.] for the PlayStation 3?

Seabass: We are nearly finished. Property it is that we could gain already very much experience with the Xbox 360-Code and the whole thereby more easily to transfer to be able.

Sounds like they're just gonna transfer the 360 code to the PS3.

Uh oh :(

Doesn't sound very bad with the editing mode in my ears. Maybe cou can't change player's face and so on, but I'm sure you can transfer players and change names. This wouldn't be any effort for KONAMI I think...

PEOPLE WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new PES for Xbox 360 looks like its gonna be not to much different and people are saying they might go to fifa because of no edit mode!!!!!!!!

Ive looked at Fifa 07 for xbox 360 and i think its the same bad gameplay so i think that we might all come to the conclusion that we will all boycott both games,

but what will we play???????????

If it goes to PLAYING the game there is only one game to choose and that is PES of course.
But it is a limited version of course, when you look at editing and the lisences.

HAHA! I love how people say "Oh I'll go buy FIFA then" as if Konami will turn round and say "oh, ok! we'll stick in everything you wanted then". It's not like Konami don't want to include it, its just not possible sometimes.
Developing games these days takes ages. The newer the technology, the longer the development period.

Half-life 2 took 5 years! It was worth it was it was a masterpiece. If Konami really wanted to, they could wokr for 5 years on a football game and it would be the best ever by a mile but it just doesn't work that way with annual sports releases.

I think what I'm really trying to say here is, get over yourselves. Look at Table Tennis. There is nothing to that game but its still one of the best games on the 360.

psimonius said:
HAHA! I love how people say "Oh I'll go buy FIFA then" as if Konami will turn round and say "oh, ok! we'll stick in everything you wanted then". It's not like Konami don't want to include it, its just not possible sometimes.
Developing games these days takes ages. The newer the technology, the longer the development period.

Half-life 2 took 5 years! It was worth it was it was a masterpiece. If Konami really wanted to, they could wokr for 5 years on a football game and it would be the best ever by a mile but it just doesn't work that way with annual sports releases.

I think what I'm really trying to say here is, get over yourselves. Look at Table Tennis. There is nothing to that game but its still one of the best games on the 360.

i totally agree pes will be the best game !

Yes but table tennis diddnt have a history of features unlike pes!!

Come on stop with the excuses psimonius, i know a bit about gaming development myself and if what they said was true that they started developing this game 18 months ago then they should have had full edit modes etc..

If This game DOESNT have tranfers AT LEAST! than i simply WONT buy the game on 360 but stick to the PC version.

the graphics aint that great to be honest. the day i see graphics like nba 2k7 on pes is the day i will YEP thats NEXT GEN FOOTY right their..

You talk about animations? Read Above, PS2 has more animations mate

jonneymendoza said:
the graphics aint that great to be honest. the day i see graphics like nba 2k7 on pes is the day i will YEP thats NEXT GEN FOOTY right their..

You talk about animations? Read Above, PS2 has more animations mate

no i think in this point the translation (german->english) is a bit misleading: imo what seabass is trying to say is that it would have taken to much time to generate 4000-5000 animations from scratch just for 360, and that therefore they have mostly taken oven the old ps2 animations + a few more 360 exclusive ones. i don't think there will be LESS animations than on ps2, just not all of them might be completly new.

i'm still concerned when it comes to edit mode. what's really in and what's not won't be clear until the game is released im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom