new pc and graphics card help?

LORDC007

League 2
4 February 2004
just bought a new pc with 1024mb ddr2 pc4200 ram and 256mb geforce 7100gs pci e graphics card. i was wondering if anyone can tell me or help with what would be best settings for this setup and/or if it can be tweeked???

and prey ;) id replace that 7100 if i where you, the 7100 is a bottom end GF7 card, if PES6 is based on the 360 version its gonna struggle with that card im affraid.

footyfan... You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate... Konami?? base the PC ver on 360?? like as in actually support the advanced features of the PC in their product?? you're having a laugh right?? NO OTHER Konami game has EVER taken advantage of PC architecture, so what makes you think that they would start now??

PES6 WILL be a PS2 port AS ALWAYS, I am willing to bet a kidney on it... Any takers??

footyfan said:
Because its easier to port from 360 to PC than from ps2 to PC, programing wise.
first of all due to the fewer experience with the 360 it is not easier for konami to port the 360-core to the PC.
second, konami already sayed that the PC - Version will be based on the PS2 graphics core! This is due to a contract they have with microsoft, which says that the next generation graphics version of PES6 will only be available on the 360 ! This kind of contract is not the only one ... other game developers also have a contract to make the good next generation graphics on the 360 exclusive ! ... this contract lasts a year so that the next PES7 will most likely have a better graphic core on the PC.

1. The contract expires for exclusivity in January 07.

2. It is well known, that 360 games are basically programmed in the same way PC games are, and it only takes a matter of weeks to port from one to the other, this is because they are both built on a microsoft software core, and are very easy to do crossover porting.

Read up about things before you make totally false statements!

Pes 6 may well be based on the PS2 version, but the point is that it would have been a hell of a lot easier to port the 360 version to PC as the architecture of the 360 is very simalar to a PC.

just because the hardware architecture is PC like, it does not nesseccarily mean, that it is easier for konami to port a 360 version to the pc. The X-Box 360 is based on a three-core PowerPC cpu ... name one PersonalComputer that has a three core cpu in it... further PowerPC cpus are most of the time used in Apple'S iMac and not in Windows-based PCs !

Seabass lately mentioned that they (konami) had 2 few experience with the xbox360 development and 2 few time so that some features just did not find their way into the final pes6 on 360!
I guess Konami had to do some workaround stuff on the 360 version of PES6 because they are just not deep enough into the development of this console so a port of a first-time next-gen console-game would result in taking the workarounds of the xbox360 over to the pc, what would not be that wise. I think it's ok, that Konami waits until they got more experience in making xbox360 games before porting 360 games to the pc.

thank you

ive got 256 gforce 6600gt which runs all games on max i.e doom 3 halo 2 pes5 the godfather and fifa 07 but was wondering if there is ab etter one for about |£200 as i only paid £149 for this one

I got a g7600 and can play every game i have maxed out with no probs apart from pes5 running too fast, lol

Back
Top Bottom