New Stadium(building) all in world

Croatian 1st division side RNK Split has today revealed how should new stadium look like after project planned in collaboration with city of Split is completed. It is not a completely new stadium as current one will be modified. In spoiler is a picture of how stadium looks like now

1466312_10152125361234742_570833302_n.jpg

park-mladezi.jpg

Sport1 reports that Barcelona unveiled plans to either built a new stadium at a ground of the University of Barcelona or modernize the current Nou Camp. In both plans the stadium will get a roof for all seats and they'll decide what option to take in mid-January.

It's good to see that most European countries are finally ditching the ugly old athletic track stadiums. I wish we did it in Skopje too, the stadium looks great but the athletic track is an eyesore.

I hope Croatia is next. Maksimir is one of the worst stadiums aesthetically.

I hope that we in Serbia will never remove that! Its authentic,and all this modern era is shit. All stadiums are similar,and most stupid think is shoping mall on stadium,oh God...

I hope Croatia is next. Maksimir is one of the worst stadiums aesthetically.

Well, we got two nice stadiums (although not that big) in recent years:

Stadion Hrvatski Vitezovi (Croatian Knights Stadium) in Dugopolje in 2009.
5607.jpg

and

Stadion Aldo Drosina in Pula in 2010
NK_istra_1961_Stadion_Aldo_Drosina.jpg

Rijeka will demolish and build new Kantrida, while Split will soon modernize their stadium.

But yes, Maksimir is one of ugliest stadiums in the world. And if reports are correct, for its current state (in which it is still not finished) Zagreb could have built 2-3 Allianz Arena's

I meant for the national teams yes. I know there's some projects in Croatia, but not a big stadium for the national team.

A national team should have a nice modern stadium, for clubs it's nicer of course if they remain in historical stadiums.

A national team should have a nice modern stadium, for clubs it's nicer of course if they remain in historical stadiums.

Agreed. But here in Croatia fans want to see our NT in different cities, in Rijeka, Split, Zagreb, Pula, Osijek...and not just at one place all the time.

I know Croatia plays in Rijeka and Split sometimes, but the main matches are in Zagreb, so Zagreb should have a nice stadium. Not just for football, because it's the capital.

Real announced today that they're planning to renovate and upgrade the Bernabeu to make it "the best stadium in the world". To reach that aim they plan on installing a retractable roof for example.

Real_2D00_Madrid_2D00_New_2D00_Stadium_2D00_Img1.jpg

Real announced today that they're planning to renovate and upgrade the Bernabeu to make it "the best stadium in the world". To reach that aim they plan on installing a retractable roof for example.

Real_2D00_Madrid_2D00_New_2D00_Stadium_2D00_Img1.jpg

I'm sure the Spanish taxpayers love funding that. But hey at least it creates a few jobs for what I'm sure will take more than the anticipated 3 years to do this.

At least it looks kinda cool.. A bit Guggenheim-ish
Wonder who s gonna polish that every day

Last edited:
It's actually going to be funded through the sale of the stadium name and selling club shares. No bank 'loans'.

Sport1 announced today that the new arena in Curitiba might be dropped as WC stadium due to the fact that the stadium itself is too far from completed to be used as a WC location. FIFA will decide if there will be plays at Curitiba (planned is Spain - Australia f.e.) on Tuesday. Anyone out there with further information?

Have you seen the hotels? The fog, the lack of snow, the injuries of the athletes cause of conditions, the price gouging, the lack of security.. Want me to continue

I haven't heard about any of that. All those pictures about hotels have been exposed apart from that bobsled guy who had to break his door because the lock was jammed. From what I'm reading the security is actually too much, two people on every corner. The snow is there where it matters.

I personally think most Western media just want their image because it happens to be in Russia.

Have you seen the hotels? The fog, the lack of snow, the injuries of the athletes cause of conditions, the price gouging, the lack of security.. Want me to continue

don´t believe everything in media... have you seen that yourself?

i´m not saying it has no flaws, but it has also bright side..

many of the pics in internet suposed to be from Sochi are in fact fakes..

sory for OT, why is thre no Olympics thread yet? :D

Back
Top Bottom