New Tennis Game: AO Tennis

That's fantastic news, any news about other players or licence ? I hope they can get all Grand Slams atp and wta tour's licence.

Big Ant Studios who are Australian developer have announced a new tennis game AO tennis. Out next month:

Nice. Looking forward to this. While rough around the edges, their cricket games, especially their new Ashes Cricket, are the best cricket sims ever made. Hopefully this is as deep and as good.

Unfortunately this game is also rubbish :( ... still Tennis Elbow and Top Spin are much better than AO and Tennis Worl Tour.

Developer has released a gameplay video and also say that there is a big patch coming tonight which fixes a lot of the problems (we shall see):

Looks a bit crap really. Ball physics, the way the players move, their shot animations... all look off. Nadal's forehand from the baseline at 3:12, for example.:BLEH: Shame.

I don't think it would get released for PC as it would need to be of a very high gameplay level to compete with Tennis Elbow.

I don't think it would get released for PC as it would need to be of a very high gameplay level to compete with Tennis Elbow.
And the new Full Ace, which will be coming to Steam shortly (next few weeks)...

The new version is much improved, and from the beta I'm in the gameplay/physics are even better than TE, it's very realistic and has a lot of modding potential.

Here's an online point from the beta;

Developer has released a gameplay video and also say that there is a big patch coming tonight which fixes a lot of the problems (we shall see):

I think they don't have any idea about tennis. Look Nadal's forhand at 1:10 , it looks half volley (im not sure)and ball physics is really funny. I hope Tennis Elbow 4 would be realize this year on ps4.

I think they don't have any idea about tennis. Look Nadal's forhand at 1:10 , it looks half volley (im not sure)and ball physics is really funny. I hope Tennis Elbow 4 would be realize this year on ps4.
TE4 won't be out on consoles this year.

Info in the OP of this thread;
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-19240.php?sid=28bf45aad4b00dc6b5fcdee115001321

"When : hopefully Alpha & Steam Early Access near December 2018, but nothing is sure for the moment"

Dev diary of TEM2 (he's developing this before moving to TE4);
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic11-27585.php

It'll probably be very good when it's ready, but it's still a long way off yet.

Looks terrible. In fact it looks so terrible that i decided to buy a ps3 last week.
This way i can play topspin 4 again, together with Red dead redemption, gta IV and fight night champion.
All great games that i cannot play on my ps4 pro.

Hoping the other tennis game that is in development will be better.

Those that have the game are reporting that game is much better after the latest patch, weird that the Big Ant took the decision to launch the game last month in the state that it was and the reviews have probably killed the game. They have said that they are going to release weekly patches up until the global launch.

looks nothing like Murray and DJokovic

The reason it looks nothing like them is due to the fact that they are both not actually in the game, these 2 players have been downloaded from the community section the same as DBC community downloads. All the players properly in the game have very good likenesses and as others have said above, the game is much much better since patch v1.09, hopefully lots more to come!

DapperHauntingAfghanhound-max-14mb.gif

That AI from the latest patch in a cpu v cpu game... lol

They need miracles to sort this out, it's worse in every way than the previous gen's tennis games...

Game still looks a bit dodgy, but I wonder how it feels to play? It's all about the feel for me. For example, unlike it does now, PES on the PS2 feels so good.

Ill stick with best simulated tennis since psx's world pro tennis 98, and thats Tennis Elbow 2013..youtube it..i use the itst world tour patch ver 1.17. Amazing stuff..and can easily input any of the created HD 2d courts created by fans at the managames forums.

Ill stick with best simulated tennis since psx's world pro tennis 98, and thats Tennis Elbow 2013..youtube it..i use the itst world tour patch ver 1.17. Amazing stuff..and can easily input any of the created HD 2d courts created by fans at the managames forums.
that's a nice game...didn't know about that..
any suggestion for mods on offline mode?

Hey there, I only play offline. simply go to the mana website and download the latest version for free:
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-28507.php
.. then buy the key for the proper version .. only 20+ dollars.. and you get an email with instructions on how to unlock demo/free version. Basically just paste a txt file with youre key into the game directory. Ive had mine for many years, and itll work for ever once purchased.

Then apply the itst world tour patch ver 1.17 (this patch is a year or two old and hasn't been updated, but I really liked this over the others, not sure why.. I like the 2d courts):
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic29-8993.php

Now... I played this many many years ago, and recently got a brand new gtx1080 laptop, so I only reinstalled all this last week. Works brilliantly, and again, I only play offline in training mode.. ie. not a tour.

Btw, also found this patch: http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic29-24824.php which has heaps of 3d courds. So yes.. you can play this game with 3d courts (patch above seems to have made some great looking ones) or 2d courts.. ive always used 2d as you can really cool photo realistic HD courts that were taken from a HD source. I will try the above patch, as I'm only just began playing this great game, and it seems there have been some development in the 3d courts. BTW, with 3d courts you can change camera angles etc to suit you, where as with 2d u cannot (can only change zoom functions while playing). You can change between 3d and 2d in settings. Also I use a controller for this game (in fact my ps4 controller plugged into my laptop).

Anyways, seriously, if you haven't played this game..its easily the best tennis game you'll ever play, purely in terms of gameplay and realism.

Hey there, I only play offline. simply go to the mana website and download the latest version for free:
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-28507.php
.. then buy the key for the proper version .. only 20+ dollars.. and you get an email with instructions on how to unlock demo/free version. Basically just paste a txt file with youre key into the game directory. Ive had mine for many years, and itll work for ever once purchased.

Then apply the itst world tour patch ver 1.17 (this patch is a year or two old and hasn't been updated, but I really liked this over the others, not sure why.. I like the 2d courts):
http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic29-8993.php

Now... I played this many many years ago, and recently got a brand new gtx1080 laptop, so I only reinstalled all this last week. Works brilliantly, and again, I only play offline in training mode.. ie. not a tour.

Btw, also found this patch: http://www.managames.com/Forum/topic29-24824.php which has heaps of 3d courds. So yes.. you can play this game with 3d courts (patch above seems to have made some great looking ones) or 2d courts.. ive always used 2d as you can really cool photo realistic HD courts that were taken from a HD source. I will try the above patch, as I'm only just began playing this great game, and it seems there have been some development in the 3d courts. BTW, with 3d courts you can change camera angles etc to suit you, where as with 2d u cannot (can only change zoom functions while playing). You can change between 3d and 2d in settings. Also I use a controller for this game (in fact my ps4 controller plugged into my laptop).

Anyways, seriously, if you haven't played this game..its easily the best tennis game you'll ever play, purely in terms of gameplay and realism.
thx

Back
Top Bottom