New Tennis Game: AO Tennis

Game received patch number 12 (i think) overnight and is looking decent. Such a pity that they rushed this out for the Australian Open and the game (rightly) was dead on arrival due to the negative reviews:

Looks improved but in my opinion, the gameplay, ball physics and animations all still look inferior to Top Spin 4, which came out 7 years ago.

AO International Tennis which is an updated version of AO Tennis is due out on 17th May, below is a link that contains impressions and video (which includes gameplay):

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...upKeys=&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The gameplay seems much better in this last video, also looks like the customization option of this game is great. Is it possible to download created stadiums too or only players? Maybe i buy it so i can play a tennis game on my PS4.

New video on PS4 probably with the finished gameplay for the release of AO Internation Tennis on May 8th. Honestly the game looked like shit when it first released (called only AO Tennis) but this final video show an actually good gameplay, specially the game between Pouillie and Tsonga. For me it´s looking better than World Tennis Tour...

Yes it looks much better now. Actually this game improved a lot and now definitely looks much better then Tennis World Tour. In Tennis World Tour every player stretching when they shot i cant understand why :) .

The good thing is they try to improve a lot. Still they have to improve players move, shot animation and ball physics but im happy with this version and im gonna buy it :).

Interesting, they try to improve every day. Yesterday, they released v1.19 and now I'm dowloading v1.20.

Gameplay looks good now, looking forward to getting the physical version later this week, hoping that Tennis World Tour is also good as it'll be great to have have 2 decent games on the market:

Gameplay is looking good however i will only buy when they fix the ridiculous drop shots success rate.

Gameplay looks good now, looking forward to getting the physical version later this week, hoping that Tennis World Tour is also good as it'll be great to have have 2 decent games on the market:

Yesterday they released v.2.22 and it looks much better but there is a still problem drop shots, they should fix this problem you can win every point with drop shot. But the good thing is they try to improve every day.

Tennis World Tour also looks not bad. I hope we can download players, couts like AO Tennis.

But still tennis elbow's gameplay much better than AO Tennis, and looks better than Tennis World Tour.

After v.1.24 It's almost as good as Tennis Elbow. Still the game has little problem but its getting more enjoyeble after each improvement.
Especially ist an amaizing feel play with Nadal and of course his top spin shots :) .

It was I that asked Mikeymerren, one of the main coders at Big Ant, on a www.planetcricket.org forum, that they need to introduce sidespin, swerving, dipping, curving of the ball on ground strokes, and he took it on board and put it into the game just after I kept on, and on, about it for something like 3 weeks, he even told me on the forum that he will take my thoughts on board., and I am so glad he did.

Top Spin 4 ball physics superior? Yeah...........only if you want the ball to fly in a direct straight line on all ground strokes like they do for ALL ground stokes in TS4, what a horribly over rated pile of shite TS4 is, straight line physics? Have them, keep them, if you are so sad to want them. How on earth anyone can tell me the ball physics in that game are realistic, lots of blind gamers around.....

Guys, check out v1.27 they released for AO Int Tennis, its a pity the YouTube posters captured it in low down camera view, you can see the ball swerving left, right and centre from the HIGH or FAR camera views, it really does look great now.

So proud of my achievement in badgering them for it!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't asked them for a cut of the profits............................yet.......

Last edited:
Looks improved but in my opinion, the gameplay, ball physics and animations all still look inferior to Top Spin 4, which came out 7 years ago.

How on earth do you, and the 2,000,000,000 other people who are obsessed by the overhyped TS4, find TS4 ball physics okay?

Were you born to enjoy watching STRAIGHT LINE ball physics where the ball, on ground strokes, NEVER moves left or right in flight? Do you WANT a game to be nothing like real life?

Just wondering, and this is nothing personal honestly, but all I know is that my personal crusade to get AO Tennis's coders to introduce sidespin, you know, like that little thing called "watch a game on telly and notice how the ball swerves left or right depending on the ground stroke used" has ended up with AO Tennis's creators, Big Ant,about to make huge profits when people see how true to life the ball physics are now in AO Tennis, all down to little old me.

I dont want to take credit for anything, but what winds me up the most is how in the year 2018 people STILL THINK TOP SPIN 4 HAD GREAT BALL PHYSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specsavers and other opticians are available......................

Game looks much better now than it did several months ago. Animations still look a bit rudimentary and I think they've gone a little over the top with the ball swerves, but I'm now tempted to grab this when a sale comes around.

Game is really good now. In the last patch they have toned down the ball swerve a little bit which makes things more realistic. They will be releasing another major patch this weekend.

It is a massive shame that they released the game in the state they did as the damage to their brand has already been done and most people will read the reviews/metacritic score and completely avoid this Big Ant own fault, if they had waited and released the game in July it would have been much more positively reviewed.

Finally caved and picked this up. It's good. I wish forehand shots had a little more whip on them and player movement feels a bit sluggish to me at the moment. May just be my lack of experience though...

Last edited:
Man this game is hard. Playing on Amateur in career mode and struggling. Best tennis game I've played in recent years though, I think.

Last edited:
Finally bought it this week on PS4 and the game is really great. It´s really hard in the beginning but after you learn the timing of shots is very satisfying! Best thing is also be able to download created players from other users and have basically all the real top 100 to play career mode.

Anybody still playing this?

I am still loving this. I havent won a set yet in my career but i am getting better with each match. I actually took a set to a 7-5 defeat much better than 6-2’s that i normally get. :)

I still play it from time to time (FIFA has been stealing all my gaming time the last few weeks). Other than players having thick ankles like English women, It's good. Tough as nails though starting out. Reminds me of PES in the day. Rough around the edges but good. Was hoping BA would continue to improve it but the patches have stopped.

Last edited:
Anybody still playing this?

I am still loving this. I havent won a set yet in my career but i am getting better with each match. I actually took a set to a 7-5 defeat much better than 6-2’s that i normally get. :)
i had it for a couple of weeks. guess i'm not a huge tennis fan then...
but the matches i played where nice. liked to hub to download user created content!

I still play it from time to time (FIFA has been stealing all my gaming time the last few weeks). Other than players having thick ankles like English women, It's great. Tough as nails though starting out. Reminds me of PES in the day. Rough around the edges but good. Was hoping BA would continue to improve it but the patches have stopped.

I’m trying to alternate between this and FIFA. I think that is what keeping me enjoying both games so much at the moment. The problem with tennis games if you don’t play for a while it can be difficult to remember the different shots again. I get what you mean about reminding you of PES in the day. Just improving my player’s stats slightly make a difference in the game. I still haven't won a set yet though :(

Any reason why BA have stopped the patches?

i had it for a couple of weeks. guess i'm not a huge tennis fan then...
but the matches i played where nice. liked to hub to download user created content!

Yeh if you are not a tennis fan then it wont be your thing. It is a really good simulation and I don’t find it arcadey. I know they did a good job with their cricket game but then cricket is not for me.

There were a lot of complaints about the lack of licences and players but I’ve got most players and venues now from the community.

Back
Top Bottom