New WE8:LE experience!

roofio86

League 1
25 September 2003
Over the past few weeks my passion for WE8 has dwindled as I have won eveything and my mates just aren't a challenge! And also I am getting bored with the OLE MIX patch but i cant get new ones as Ive lost my original WE8:LE dvd!!

So, after my maths exam yesterday I decided to give the game a go again, but this time I decided to just choose one player in the team, which I had done in the past but also played with at first Keeper 2 cam then i realised there was a player cam! This player cam gave me a whole new view of the game! After 3 matches I had scored 2 of my best ever goals in WE8 and a renewed love for my fav game!

I found that dribbling was much more intense, as your so close to the action, and i felt more like I was in a real game as the camera is always behind you and gives you the feel of being that player. It also gave me alot more passing options as you can see all the players ahead of you like you would in real life and I found the shooting alot more accurate, as I could aim almost EXACTLY where i wanted to shot, unlike with wide cam where although acurate i find awkward to get a shot in off the post and precise volleys from outside the area.

Although having said this the player cam could be tweaked as it seems abit all over the place at time, I couldnt be happier! I went on to win my Konami 'Champions League' with POrto, dictacting the games with Diego

Has anyone else tried this or anything else to increase the lifespan of WE8:LE?

yeh, thats the main thing about i like. its so much more satisfying than normally. wish you could be 1 player in master league and build up you stats and rep and get transferred etc. would be a nice addition to we9

Yeah this is a whole other side of the game which is quite a nice mode that's totally different. It makes you feel like a real player. Now you might want to search in PES4 section of our forum for words "Fixed Player" or something like that. We had a topic on this over a month ago and it went to 2 pages at least I think.

Overall fixed mode is fun but it could be much further improved.

P.s. Some of us start a ML with ONE player. So let's say I pick Fulham and become Steed Malbranque. And of course I want to win so I try my best for the team. Have to work for my touches... gave a lot of assists :) but it makes you feel just like real life soccer because it's not only down to you now but also your team-mates since you control only 1 out of 11.

On one hand I had Van Der Saar save 4-5 amazing shots and a PK and that had me a very nice feeling about him and appreciating him to be part of the team. On the other hand I put in 3-4 nice throughballs for Andy cole that game and he missed or stalled too long and took advantage of none. so like in real life you can see you did your part but because your striker didn't your assists are lower.

Anyways so in ML you can do this.. and have fun and your players improve and by transfers it's basically like you're buying new team-mates or selling old ones it's a very nice neat mode. You can't get transferred but since at anytime you can switch your player to another one in that team, it's quite refreshing.

So if Malbranque got injured or was rested for one game. You can pick somebody else.

Usually we had a rule that we take control of one senior 1st team member like Malbranque and then for our 2nd choice it has to be someone who hasn't broken through to the team and is rather young like Luke Moore of Villa or Collins John of Fulham. So when he's in and Malbranque isn't I'd pick him.

Again it'd be exciting cuz now you get to try different position and improve him and see the word through Collins John's perspective :)

Dont you think the player cam is awkward the way the camera moves so fast.

I tried it and i couldnt keep the ball because the camera was switiching like mad when i turned!

kevano22 said:
Dont you think the player cam is awkward the way the camera moves so fast.

I tried it and i couldnt keep the ball because the camera was switiching like mad when i turned!
If you hold down L1 (or possibly L2, I forget - well, it's one of the shoulder buttons anyway) the camera stays still.

Try it, it's the only way I'll play the game now. Totally tits.

being dudek now against milan :)

anyone know if there any specific dive buttons and especially how to catch the ball at corners?

thanks

i dont think so, i think you just position him. what is it like using a gk? dont have ps2 with me right now otherwise i'd give it a go!

its pretty boring, you can hardly see the action and slowdown is a bummer

made one decent save with dudek from pirlo FK :D

I had a similar winning eleven epiphany a few weeks ago. I had most success playing with Karimi or Hossein Kaebi at Iran, and Riquelme at Villareal. It can be hard getting adjusted to it, and ideally, it's best with a four or five friends. I doubt Konami will ever tweak it but if they did it could certainly be made more compelling. I scored a well-worked move with Karimi and set-up another for Daei recently. Check it out if you like.

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0M7AJ7Z75YB8016W5V6JETCTJF

wow that's a very nice left-footed volley by Daei ;), wish he could still do this in real life lol.

Anyways I wonder why you guyz zip it and put it somehwere. Why dont you just post the video on softlab or somewhere?? Easier for us to d/l than unzip then play.

Good stuff though and I think Konami will improve this. They've improved it compared to previous versions and I don't think they'll give it any special type of thought and REALLY work hard on it but with a bit of work this mode could become killer but somehow I don't see them putting that much time into it except maybe improve a bit :(

Back
Top Bottom