Next-Gen WE/PES Bitching goes here

gomito#10

World Cup Winner
9 May 2003
DC, USA
All negative posters can go here, so maybe we dont muck up the news thread with, assumptions, opinons, guesses, etc.. on a game you havent even played yet.

Cmon mods, make it so

So if you say "I don't like those graphics" that's not a valid opinion... Which is, in-fact, exactly what you're saying - "mucking up the news thread with assumptions, opinions"... Hm. There was me thinking a forum was for opinions.

The news threads are usually locked anyway, with a seperate thread for discussion. That should be enough segregation, surely.

I'll put one thing of 'relevance' in this thread (there must have been a record number of threads created today):

beck1gn0.jpg

Patched PES6

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032336094.jpg

PES7

You can really see why it's took them 18 months to make this new graphics engine they're bragging about, can't you? (For the sarcasm-deficient, turn your sarcasm detectors on and read the previous line again)

I know which shot I prefer!

Last edited:
well jack the news thread has people posting all over about how shitty the graphics are...
maybe they should post in the first impressions thread...

Last edited:
"PES 2008 Next Gen - News/Discussions Official Thread" - sorry but if you agree or disagree with the comments, it's there for discussion.

I do sort-of agree with you though - there shouldn't be a thread like this one, a "bitching" thread; if you're going to bitch to deliberately be a pain in the ass rather than start a discussion then you're not going to post in a thread like this. But there will be at some point, I'm sure, a locked news thread and an open discussion thread.

So if you say "I don't like those graphics" that's not a valid opinion... Which is, in-fact, exactly what you're saying - "mucking up the news thread with assumptions, opinions"... Hm. There was me thinking a forum was for opinions.

The news threads are usually locked anyway, with a seperate thread for discussion. That should be enough segregation, surely.

I'll put one thing of 'relevance' in this thread (there must have been a record number of threads created today):

beck1gn0.jpg

Patched PES6

PES7

You can really see why it's took them 18 months to make this new graphics engine they're bragging about, can't you? (For the sarcasm-deficient, turn your sarcasm detectors on and read the previous line again)

jack you know and I know that the PES6 becks shirt doesnt move, its static... so when you see PES7 in motion, hopefully it will be moving(which is impossible for becks uni in patched pes6)... you gotta open your mind bro...

A moving shirt doesn't make those graphics anywhere near the level of FIFA's, in my opinion. You might think they all look like gorillas in FIFA (I notice one person said that years ago, the "gorillas" comment, and now everyone who needs to hate FIFA says exactly the same comment), but totally disregarding FIFA for a minute, those graphics don't match up to any other next-gen graphics; moving shirts or not, they look like cartoon characters. That skin looks like dull plasticine.

Hey, maybe there should be a bitching thread after all! :D

A moving shirt doesn't make those graphics anywhere near the level of FIFA's, in my opinion. You might think they all look like gorillas in FIFA (I notice one person said that years ago, the "gorillas" comment, and now everyone who needs to hate FIFA says exactly the same comment), but totally disregarding FIFA for a minute, those graphics don't match up to any other next-gen graphics; moving shirts or not, they look like cartoon characters. That skin looks like dull plasticine.

Hey, maybe there should be a bitching thread after all! :D

you guys are insane, the fifa player models look like apes/monkeys/gorrillas, basically they dont look like humans, these screen shots of brazil and portugal resemble humans..
look at kaka's face and hair!!!!

A moving shirt doesn't make those graphics anywhere near the level of FIFA's, in my opinion.

Watch screenshots and videos of NBA Live07 and 2K7.

NBA Live looks better in screenshots, but when you see both games in motion you dont care about Live's superior detail, because the animation is what makes 2k7 life-like.

ya fifa players faces are too bright not realistic, if you want realism it's pes if you want what a player looks like in a photoshoot for a advert with his face with all that make up on an shiny then fifa looks good, agree with you but fifa beats pes hands down on kits boots balls look not physics , nad grass but the playe shorts are crap and there bodies are not authentic looking of the person.

beck1gn0.jpg

Patched PES6

PES7

For the first time in ages I agree with you Chris. However, I'm looking forward to seeing whether the creases in the PES 08 kits are polygonal or painted on.

Like the comment I made comparing PES1 and 2 to PES3, perhaps they'll wait til PES 09 to completely do a new graphics engine.

You guys insist on "bitching" based on 6 screenies.. wow. Atleast wait for the video clip. I mean atleast bitch when you got solid proof. ;)

I don't think that shirts and pants move at all. Of course graphics doesn't looks like NBA 2K7, but at least it's HD, so there is a little improvement if you compare it with previous PES6/PS2 version.

Folks, don't be like FIFA guys, there are things more important than graphics.

I personally dont see the point to this thread. As JB said we all have our own opinions and thats what makes a Forum. Of course we are going to have disagreements but I dont think another thread is particularly necessary.

Very good thread gomito#10, this is a way of keeping all the cunts, the dogs, the filths and the fucking scums away from the PES2008 news/discussion thread!

They may say the shirts move but i doubt that untucked shirts will move. Also look at the shorts, wouldn't the fabric be up against the top of the thighs? there is a gab between the leg and the shorts for every player so its obvious they don't move.

Graphic wise, animation is the single most important thing. It represents our input and is therefore the first step to convince us to identify ourself with the 3dmodel on the pitch. And isnt that what video gaming is about? The power and feeling to control this little world of bits bytes and pixels? We want our ideas and dreams to be correctly converted inside the game, a symbioses of mind and mater.
Sure one's dream could be for example to score a certain goal in the CL final, too feel this excitement. And we want the world we can now control to be a world that is believable, almost real, to increase that feeling of doing something special. But for now why not use our imagination? We have always used our imagination, from ping pong to civilization to international superstar soccer. Imagination might be at our disposal but maybe some of us are getting spoiled and starting to forget how to enrich our gaming experience with it, i know i am to a certain degree. But if we didnt let this capability leave to rust, we could easily imagine a player wearing his official kid, imagine the crowd is not made out of cardboard, imagine Davies being Davids. What I cant do however, or I find allot harder, is to imagine why the hell my defender is spontaneously running away from his mark, etc. That should be our main concern.
Let the graphics wait till the game itself has caught up with reality, if that is what we want. Cause otherwise, the better the graphics are, the more we will expect from the game itself and the less satisfied we will be. If everything looks perfect, little bugs will look all the more dissonant. Lets keep it a game for a while ok? Simulations are still something for the (near) future.

Truly speaking I don't expect too many things from PES2008.The screenshots shown from PES2008 must be from some game console either PS3 or MXbox360,and for such a flatform the graphics is not sound.I am not a fan of FIFA but when the FIFA in XBOX or PS3 is comnpared with PES,FIFA goes miles forward.(Remember I am not talking about PC FIFA which is horrible in every sense).
I have attached some FIFA Xbox Screenshots and feel the difference.
Secondly everytime KONAMI blows a lot about their gameplay which is only their strong point,but little is delivered as is projected.PES6 gameplay was blown with trumpets,but it has a snacky free kick.The probabilty of scoring goals from long range is very high,and even at the topmost level playing against a top team can give you some easy wins.The computer player does not seem to dribble or juggle the ball,the computer player just dont like the show the beauty of football.And what I really dislike is there's no midfield action and in real life football midfield is the place where the oppurtunities are created.
Graphicswise the texture are not that impressive,see the attachment for PES6 XBox Screenshots.
There seems no necessity for changing those white and red KONAMI KONMAI KONAMI KONAMI adboards.The pitch is as usual,dull dried green,heaven knows why they can't make it brighter.
And for Commentary,I know a little.May be those old boring monotonous voices from Peter and Trevor.
I was indeed happy with PES5 but the way PES6 and WE2007 was presented,compels me to expect few from PES 2008.

I've only just noticed how unbelieveably skinny Kaka's legs are, especially the left leg
:mrgreen::applause: You're right,there is no colision detection ,his foot goes under the floor which is impossible.GFX don't look next gen at all ,however if the gameplay is improved it doesn't really matter .They must do something about the long balls because in PES6 they 're too weak.

Back
Top Bottom