NEXT GEN WINNING ELEVEN?

J

johnthekingsingh

Sorry if this has been had b4, ive pre orderded my xbox 360 im constantly thinking Playstaion 3 is going to be a better system. Fifa 06 is due on launch for the xbox 360. I aint 100% to weather the xbox 360 fifa is gona be the same as the xbox one released next month?????? ie next gen.

Im wondering weather kcet produce a next gen winning eleven / pro evo? and when on what platform??? How do you guys see or imagine it to be? just the same with better graphics???? i mean i very first chipped my ps2 when new just for winning eleven 5 and was amazed at the graphics and the size of the pitch compared to when i was a ps1 iss pro nutter. So not a massive improvement instantly but has defo got better.

Last edited by a moderator:
You played WE5 on PSOne? That's quite an achievement considering it's a PS2 game ;).

Konami TYO have already announced they have begun development on a next-gen version of Winning Eleven, it's slated for release on 360 in Q4 2006 (in Japan). There will no doubt be a PS3 release at the same time, and a PAL version shortly after. But the important part is they've officially said they're making a version for 360.

FIFA 360 will just be this gen's ported over, IMO, because the early screens don't look great.

A problem with next-gen WE/PES is the modding/import scenario. It's likely modding your machine will bugger up the online side of things, a feature which both consoles are pushing hard. That is of course assuming they're able to be modded, you'd think someone would find a way eventually but it might take time. For all those who regularly get the latest Japanese version of the series, this means the need for a Japanese machine, which of course PAL games won't play on. So unless you can afford a machine from each region (which is unlikely given it'll cost a few bob to have both PS3 and 360 in the first place), it's a total bitch of a situation.

Last edited:
tiktiktiktik said:
well he did state he had it chipped, must have been quite a chip.

i think you guys all know that it was meant to be ps2 which ive just changed

WE10/PES6 will be released on PC/PS3/PSP and 360, I can be sure of that! Right now, I'd say 360 was the safest bet for getting the next version. Why? Xbox Live of course! :mrgreen:

romagnoli said:
Just so you know, WE5 was PS2 AND PS1. At least PES1 was anyway.

i know that mate, i just did a typing error of ps1 insted of ps2. WE5 was out 6 months previous to pro evo soccer on "ps2" i had it and amazed all my mates with it who were still play iss pro series

There was a version released on PS1 a month after WE5 was out on PS2, but it was called Winning Eleven 2002. I never played it, so I can't say how close the titles were. The fact they felt the need to change the name suggests it was merely the last update for PS1, and it wasn't the same as WE5.

ClassicD said:
There was a version released on PS1 a month after WE5 was out on PS2, but it was called Winning Eleven 2002. I never played it, so I can't say how close the titles were. The fact they felt the need to change the name suggests it was merely the last update for PS1, and it wasn't the same as WE5.

i do recall that as people where playing online leagues? via emulators?? well on the subject i am just pleased for now that Konami confirmed that a soccer game is in production for ps3. With a bit of luck and dont hate me guys i hope its at least 50% different to what we have at the mo. I cant see it being naff as long as its KCET developed. C'mon PS3

Will the new xbox 360 be region free or will people from the US have to chip the systems in order to play PES 5 or winning eleven 9(japan)?

Kitan said:
Will the new xbox 360 be region free or will people from the US have to chip the systems in order to play PES 5 or winning eleven 9(japan)?

xbox 360 is locked to Microsoft have stated they want the 360 to be unchipable

360 is NOT unchipable! SmartXX have alread modded a DEV KIT 360 :) howz thaaaatttt!!!

DJ

djdavedoc said:
360 is NOT unchipable! SmartXX have alread modded a DEV KIT 360 :) howz thaaaatttt!!!

DJ

DID I SAY IT WAS UNCHIPABLE SMART ARSE, I SAID MICROSOFT WANT XBOX 360 TO BE UNCHIPABLE PLUS MICROSOFT HAVE SLAPPED REGIONS ON 360's FOR JAP US AND EUROPE

Hey there was no need to get nasty I was just pointing out a fact.. jees why are people such twats on Forums?

DJ

360 mate, not keen on the sound of the PS3 especially the price tag.

DJ

ClassicD said:

WE 2002 was an arcadish version made by a different development team within Konami.

BK_83 said:
no it cant...
can ur sony dvd player run ps2 games? its sony right?

lmao lol, to the guy above i know i was a bit harsh its just you gota read it and let it swearl around your head b4 you respond ;)

No worries dude, Ive been watching the progress of what is now the Xbox 360 since the end of last year very closely ever since project Xenon (its codename) was formed last year. :) just wanted to make sure everyone knew that something is happening chip wise for the 360 in case you want to play those precious imports :)

DJ

djdavedoc said:
No worries dude, Ive been watching the progress of what is now the Xbox 360 since the end of last year very closely ever since project Xenon (its codename) was formed last year. :) just wanted to make sure everyone knew that something is happening chip wise for the 360 in case you want to play those precious imports :)

DJ

kool :applause: i well prob a good thing if people do get around it as the games are looking to expensive. Aint a cheapo but surley the crapy low rated games should be cheaper and the star rated higher???? I mean im only gona get the good games etc.

Back
Top Bottom