NFL in LONDON

I managed to get a password to buy tickets (you had to pre-register), but decided against it. If someone had asked/made this thrad earlier I would have given away the password to them.

Anyway, I'm saving my money to go to an England game (I know their recent form has been shit, but hopefully when they play...) like vs Israel or Russia in September.

Would have tried for tickets if it was an AFC game, but as a Ravens fan I'm not too bothered about Giants-Dolphins.

Sky are bound to have it anyway. Objectively Germany should have got the game as they can seemingly still support NFL Europa, we couldn't keep the Monarchs going very long.

Rumour is however the the NFL commish is thinking of introducing an extra regular season game to the schedule and having some of them abroad, taking one away from the preseason.

Last edited:
Would have tried for tickets if it was an AFC game, but as a Ravens fan I'm not too bothered about Giants-Dolphins.

Sky are bound to have it anyway. Objectively Germany should have got the game as they can seemingly still support NFL Europa, we couldn't keep the Monarchs going very long.

Rumour is however the the NFL commish is thinking of introducing an extra regular season game to the schedule and having some of them abroad, taking one away from the preseason.

yeah i heard that too, bing how did you get interested in american football?

yeah i heard that too, bing how did you get interested in american football?

Many moons ago when my mother remarried she moved to the States, so I kinda picked it up while visiting. She lived just outside Baltimore, so I started following the Ravens while my brother picked up the Orioles.

I think I got the better half of the deal :lol:

Now Sky show two games every Sunday plus we get Monday Night Football via Channel Five so the coverage here isn't bad.

Many moons ago when my mother remarried she moved to the States, so I kinda picked it up while visiting. She lived just outside Baltimore, so I started following the Ravens while my brother picked up the Orioles.

I think I got the better half of the deal :lol:

Now Sky show two games every Sunday plus we get Monday Night Football via Channel Five so the coverage here isn't bad.

hell yeah, the orioles suck and they have one of the biggest ass clown as an owner.. baltimore is an interesting city, good beer there

I dont follow the game but does this might have any chance to do with the owners of the EPL (What` s AFC ?)

I dont follow the game but does this might have any chance to do with the owners of the EPL (What` s AFC ?)

Nope, it has fuck all to do with the EPL.

The NFL, is the National Football League, i.e. American Football's governing body from the States.

The AFC, is the American Football Conference, which is one of two conferences that make up the NFL, the other being the NFC, which is the National Football Conference.

Bing, the game is an Inter-Conference game, the Giants being NFC East and the Fins being AFC East, unless they have re-jigged the divisions again.

Ash, wish I had known you had a code.......... :(

Nope, it has fuck all to do with the EPL.

The NFL, is the National Football League, i.e. American Football's governing body from the States.

The AFC, is the American Football Conference, which is one of two conferences that make up the NFL, the other being the NFC, which is the National Football Conference.

Bing, the game is an Inter-Conference game, the Giants being NFC East and the Fins being AFC East, unless they have re-jigged the divisions again.

Ash, wish I had known you had a code.......... :(

well there are still 50,000 tickets left...

well there are still 50,000 tickets left...

I know, but they being sold later in the year, 10K expected for travelling Giants and Dolphins fans, the rest being done the same again as before, the names who didnt get sent a code from the first ballot may get lucky this time, there was over 500K people who signed up as 'interested' in the game.

I`m assuming these are rugby fans who want to see the match. Strange sounds while helmets clash and the loud arrgh...will there be chanting? Who is performing the half-time show?

American footie fans mate. I actually play it for a team called the Belfast Trojans, who play in the IAFL. The sport is alot bigger in the UK though.

I`m assuming these are rugby fans who want to see the match. Strange sounds while helmets clash and the loud arrgh...will there be chanting? Who is performing the half-time show?

Some teams have their own chants, for example "Hail to the Redskins" for the Washington Redskins, but they aren't sung throughout the entire game. Usually only when they score.

Some teams have their own chants, for example "Hail to the Redskins" for the Washington Redskins, but they aren't sung throughout the entire game. Usually only when they score.

which doesnt happen to often if your a redskins fan! hahaaha

I applied for tickets to the game but the letter came when I was broke! ](*,)

Back
Top Bottom