NFL Thread

man, i'm so sad indy let peyton go... btw is this luck kid really this good??? i know nothing about ncaa players... what do u think gomito? :))

I would love to hear about that Luck kid too. IMO, the Colts should have renewed Peyton's contract so he could mentor Luck.

Seems that "Tebowmania to the Jets" is already official. Well, they now have the worst passers in the league on Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez. :LOL:

Payton manning isn't going to mentor anyone, including his own brother. Luck is very very good. Should be a great pro. But RG3 is supposed
To be the bomb as well

yeah, that makes sense. btw who is RG3? :))
the special one said:
Seems that "Tebowmania to the Jets" is already official. Well, they now have the worst passers in the league on Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez.
indeed :P

If Peyton has stayed at the Colts, he had to get a contract bonus of $28 million, for next season, now the guy HAS been amazing, but without taking a single snap all last season and no one actually knowing how well his neck will do when he gets sacked for the first time, that was an awful lot of money to risk on a player who might not play the full season.

That 28 million will now be used for like a 3-4 year contract with Andrew Luck, as due to the pay disputes last year, rookie's will no longer be signing mad $100 million contracts. That was one of the problems the NFLPA had with the NFL, young unproven players getting crazy money and proven Pro's getting basic salary despite having played for years in the league.

Andrew Luck is a very highly rated QB, with a great arm and is incredibly accurate too, he has a completion record of over 70% in his final 2 seasons. He could be the new Manning for the Colts. Andrew Luck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RG3 or Robert Griffin III, is also a very highly rated QB, again with over a 70% completion record in passing in his final season; with a difference to Luck in that in college he run the option alot and is incredibly fast, thus he could be the next Randall Cunningham, or say even Michael Vick (tho hopefully he would be a numbskull like Vick); thus it opens up a teams offense alot. Like Cam Newton last year who became the QB to rush for the most TD's in a season, I would expect RG3 to do the same. He is not as big as Luck or Newton though in terms of sheer size. Luck is also pretty quick on his feet, just he is more a pocket passer type QB.

Robert Griffin III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definitely 2 of the most exciting QB prospects to ever come into the league. Colts will select Luck and Redskins have moved up the draft to take RG3. Much as I would want either to come to the Raiders, we blew our load last season giving up out 1st round for Carson 'Face' Palmer.

thanks for the info carl :))
yeah the peyton move does make sense indeed. it's just that it's so weird to see a legend leaving the franchise he played for during his entire carreer... it always comes with a bit of a shock, even when it's an anticipated and expected move (like in this case).
carl said:
Definitely 2 of the most exciting QB prospects to ever come into the league. Colts will select Luck and Redskins have moved up the draft to take RG3. Much as I would want either to come to the Raiders, we blew our load last season giving up out 1st round for Carson 'Face' Palmer.
sounds exciting. i absolutely loved watching newton last season, i was absolutely amazed by the instant impact he had on the league and on his team. it would be incredible to have another impressive rookie qb to follow this season... nevermind 2!

as for palmer, i didn't watch the raiders closely last season, but i thought carson was doing pretty well since his move fron cincinnati, wasn't he? :))

Here's the scary thing, in the combine, Andrew Luck done the same 40 yard dash as Cam Newton and done everything equally as good or better than him.

RG3 is just faster, though he is not overly big, he's probably smaller than Vick, so it could be a big risk for the Skins to draft a QB around 6ft.

Palmer hopefully will be better this season, but from using him in Madden, he certainly wasnt worth giving up our 1st Round Pick for in my view.

Having watched Luck a few times last season, he reminded me of Matt Stafford at Georgia with good arm strength and accuracy. Luck seemed to make better decisions down the stretch. Should be a good fit for Indy.

Nike are now supplying all 32 teams kits, see here http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8280d850?module=HP11_hot_topics#id:09000d5d8280d924.

Seattle has had a complete makeover.

Carl, I think Carson Palmer was okay until the Defense figured him out.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in doing a Evo Web Fantasy Football Pool on Yahoo? I can set it up.

Well, we know that it takes Eli time to get going but frankly I was expecting a win. Romo and his WR's looked great last night. On the other hand Cruz had a night off. The Giants will step up regardless, remember how bad we start last season.

So temporary refs made a call 1 said TD the other said no TD. Even with video replay they gave the touch down. Why are refs demanding more money? So both hands were on the ball does the rules favour who?
A lost in NFL counts for 3 lol I was told.

Refs have been horrible! EVERY game is full of f'n controversy and bad decisions.

Patriots vs. Ravens was even worse the other night!

I'm watching the Patriots - Ravens game right now, so many mistakes.

I thought only on my country power goes off but it happen yesterday on Fulham vs united and it's happening now on biggest match of season on Super Bowl so I won't blame my country country anymore after this I guess lol

Back
Top Bottom