NFL Thread

Wow. Seeing that you live in D.C. I would have thought you were a Skin's fan, which is what I am.

Honestly, I really think the NFC East is just to hard to make a prediction. It could finish in any order. Hell, even Philly could claim it back. I really like Washingtons chances though. Randle El and Lloyd will do wonders for Moss and Cooley, but really will help out Portis. The only area of concern really is: Will Brunell still have anything left? But I can see the division winner only finishing a 10-6,9-7 record and the lowest team finishing with a 8-8/7-9 record, with is what happened to both the AFC East and AFC West back in 2002 (Check it out here).

Can see my beloved Ravens struggling again this season, not convinced by the acquisition of McNair (although surely he'll show more poise than Boller in the redzone) and this might be the season Jamal shows just how much prison took out of him. 0-8 on the road was a killer last year, but I think we'll only improve as far as 7-9 and Billick will be gone next offseason.

Simmsm88 said:
Wow. Seeing that you live in D.C. I would have thought you were a Skin's fan, which is what I am.

Honestly, I really think the NFC East is just to hard to make a prediction. It could finish in any order. Hell, even Philly could claim it back. I really like Washingtons chances though. Randle El and Lloyd will do wonders for Moss and Cooley, but really will help out Portis. The only area of concern really is: Will Brunell still have anything left? But I can see the division winner only finishing a 10-6,9-7 record and the lowest team finishing with a 8-8/7-9 record, with is what happened to both the AFC East and AFC West back in 2002 (Check it out here).
i love every dc sports team, except the skins! Loyd? I think he is the most overhyped wide receiver to come along since Michael Westbrook :), hahhaa, remember him, what a pile of shit he was. And yes your QB is a huge question? I personally think brunell will implode by week 6, and send the skins reeling.....

Bing said:
Can see my beloved Ravens struggling again this season, not convinced by the acquisition of McNair (although surely he'll show more poise than Boller in the redzone) and this might be the season Jamal shows just how much prison took out of him. 0-8 on the road was a killer last year, but I think we'll only improve as far as 7-9 and Billick will be gone next offseason.
Yes, I'm very surprised Billick hasn't been fired yet. He's garbage in my mind. If I was a Raven fan I'd be pissed, just like I was cause when the Phins had Dave Wandstedt, I hated that fucker. Anyways yea I don't see much improvement either. The defense will always be good but there's just never any offense.

csaunders said:
i love every dc sports team, except the skins! Loyd? I think he is the most overhyped wide receiver to come along since Michael Westbrook , hahhaa, remember him, what a pile of shit he was. And yes your QB is a huge question? I personally think brunell will implode by week 6, and send the skins reeling.....
I'm not hyping Lloyd up, I just think he'll fit and be a good 2nd 3rd option on passing plays. Moss will always be the first, then Cooley/Randle El/Lloyd come next. Haha Westbrook yes I do remember him. He's actually a MMA fighter now.

Simmsm88 said:
Yes, I'm very surprised Billick hasn't been fired yet. He's garbage in my mind. If I was a Raven fan I'd be pissed, just like I was cause when the Phins had Dave Wandstedt, I hated that fucker. Anyways yea I don't see much improvement either. The defense will always be good but there's just never any offense.

Offensively the coaching staff really dont seem to know what they're doing, now they finally admit defeat with Boller (which I dont have a problem with, he has had enough time to show what he has but has never done it) but McNair is just a Band-Aid on the problem. If we want Clayton to be the the first round pick type player we drafted him as he needs time to gel with a QB who is going to be the starter for years. We need to clear house and for someone to come in with a rebuilding plan.

Bing said:
Offensively the coaching staff really dont seem to know what they're doing, now they finally admit defeat with Boller (which I dont have a problem with, he has had enough time to show what he has but has never done it) but McNair is just a Band-Aid on the problem. If we want Clayton to be the the first round pick type player we drafted him as he needs time to gel with a QB who is going to be the starter for years. We need to clear house and for someone to come in with a rebuilding plan.
the ravens since there inception, have been the best drafting team in the league, ozzie newsome is a genious, i wouldnt give up on kyle boller just yet.... he showed some flashes last year of his potential.. i hate billick with a passion, cocky arsehole

csaunders said:
giants will win the NFC east, 12-4

Wow, you must have a lot of faith in Eli finally getting it together. And don't the Giants have a pretty tough non-conference schedule?... they open against the Colts.

I just don't see Payton losing to Eli just yet.

csaunders said:
the ravens since there inception, have been the best drafting team in the league, ozzie newsome is a genious, i wouldnt give up on kyle boller just yet.... he showed some flashes last year of his potential.. i hate billick with a passion, cocky arsehole

And I assume by "best drafting team" you aren't refering to their ability to actually walk to the podium and draft a player in under 15 minutes. Otherwise, they would have Byron Leftwich instead of Boller.

EatonTJ said:
Wow, you must have a lot of faith in Eli finally getting it together. And don't the Giants have a pretty tough non-conference schedule?... they open against the Colts.

I just don't see Payton losing to Eli just yet.

And I assume by "best drafting team" you aren't refering to their ability to actually walk to the podium and draft a player in under 15 minutes. Otherwise, they would have Byron Leftwich instead of Boller.
im talking about Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, todd heap, Johnathan Ogden, terrel suggs, peter boulawre, adalius thomas, chris mcallister, ed reed, and some guys who have left who are great players as well.... they are a very good drafting team with a few exceptions, most notiably boller, and im sorry to say but leftwhich is nothing great...

eli will be kicking some ass this year, the giant offense is going to be silly

Jets will blow teams out of the water this season. Curtis Martin will be the MVP. Chad Pennington, 10000 yards, 40+ TD's.

Bo Jackson was absolutely incredible. Damn shame that of all teams, the Bengals, end his sports career.

yeah mate, i have a fantasy draft tonight and tommorw, if you guys think euro football fantasy is fun, you should try american fantasy football, addicting!!!

Even though it's only week 1, pretty shocked at how ineffective Carolina were against Atlanta.

Big win for my Ravens, but we'll have to face a lot better quarterbacks than Chris Simms before we get too excited.

Back
Top Bottom