NHL 10 (360 / PS3)

well, as you said, you´re is just a different point of view ;)
yes but thanks for 2k!!! Hey man really how are these guys who have never played hockey going to enjoy this game when it is very very hard to score as a beginner in the first place.. I just think anyone who want NHL10 should rent it first

yes but thanks for 2k!!! Hey man really how are these guys who have never played hockey going to enjoy this game when it is very very hard to score as a beginner in the first place.. I just think anyone who want NHL10 should rent it first

Playing on low levels it´s not hard to score, i really believe that people that never played hockey can enjoy the game. OF COURSE that if someone is not a specific sport fan will rent the game first in stead of buying a sport game that he doesn´t even know the rules...

I know nothing about Ice hockey and have never played any version before
but I love this demo.

even as a newcomer who doesnt understand the rules it is still a pass, move, shoot game at the end of the day.

I love the instant-ness of the passing and having to work space quickley to get a shot off. I also like how its about moving the 'goal keeper (?)' around to make the small gap that you can score in.

I have used the fake shots, quick one-twos etc in the same way I did with PES of old to score rewarding goals.

plus the 'ball' lol physics are fantastic

maybe my lack of understanding the game and the lack of history with Hockey games lets me enjoy the game in a way that hardcore Hockey players cant?

With PES and FIFA i am critical because I have ben playing them for years.

I cant wait to 'deke' the 'goal keeper' either, something I havent yet mastered! and im sure there are loads of differant play stayles and techniques that I havent used yet, but if I am enjoying it with only basic controls, the game must be decent at least.

I have been playing the game on Normal and PRO settings as I wanted it to be less arcady but not to difficult to start with.

but I love this demo.

even as a newcomer who doesnt understand the rules it is still a pass, move, shoot game at the end of the day.

I love the instant-ness of the passing and having to work space quickley to get a shot off. I also like how its about moving the 'goal keeper (?)' around to make the small gap that you can score in.

I have used the fake shots, quick one-twos etc in the same way I did with PES of old to score rewarding goals.

maybe my lack of understanding the game and the lack of history with Hockey games lets me enjoy the game in a way that hardcore Hockey players cant?

I cant wait to 'deke' the 'goal keeper' either, something I havent yet mastered! and im sure there are loads of differant play stayles and techniques that I havent used yet, but if I am enjoying it with only basic controls, the game must be decent at least.

I have been playing the game on Normal and PRO settings as I wanted it to be less arcady but not to difficult to start with.

unfortunatley that part of EA of moving the keeper around to find a gap is incredibly unrealistic and nothing like real hockey... and yes you probably will enjoy it knowing not a whole lot about hockey :)

unfortunatley that part of EA of moving the keeper around to find a gap is incredibly unrealistic and nothing like real hockey... and yes you probably will enjoy it knowing not a whole lot about hockey :)
Hey I'm from Toronto and I fully understand the game and I still enjoy the NHL10.
But maybe thats cause Im stuck with watching the Leafs...

but I love this demo.

yes man, you´ll enjoy it for sure, specially because hockey is not much different from football, you can begin with low skill cpu and increase the difficult with time, if you play on DEFAULT settings you already have a good simulation experience.

I rented this from lovefilm and it has arrived today, don't know much about Ice Hockey, but after Tobi got me into Madden and NBA 2K (both which I really enjoyed) I am looking forward to getting into this.

I'm new to this game, I love it but since my Be a GM savegame is dead (my NHL team disappeared so the game crashes everytime), I have decided to sell it to get Fifa.

I've played more than 100 games and I don't want to start again. I enjoyed it 100% of the time, except online :
1 - It's lagging
2 - Too slow
3 - Matchmaking doesn't work. I never played newbies like me.

I'm sad :(.

Played this demo last night and enjoyed it. The fighting tutorial bit made me laugh. Anyway, is there something goalkeepers aren't allowed to do, because often when he made a save he'd just lie there and then there would be a 'faceoff'
The action is pretty fast though and switching players can get tricky.

Played this demo last night and enjoyed it. The fighting tutorial bit made me laugh. Anyway, is there something goalkeepers aren't allowed to do, because often when he made a save he'd just lie there and then there would be a 'faceoff'
The action is pretty fast though and switching players can get tricky.
even though i hate this game. I will help you out, LOL. If the goalie does not get rid of the puck within a certain time period, it is automatically a faceoff...

I was thinking about getting 2K10 instead but after trying Be a Goalie, I can't stop playing it :/. First game ranked A+, second game F :).

Back
Top Bottom