NHL 10 (360 / PS3)

Thanks for the heads up!

Oh come on pboreham, I think it looks like they've done some changes. I mean the hardcore mode alone is worth the money for me. If they could make the puck more free and not stick to the sticks unrealistically, then it would be so awesome. Must be really hard to make, but imagine a puck as free as the ball in fifa 10.

Oh man, I get some slowdown from time to time in BAP mode... it was the same on 09 I think, rubbish. Other than that I think the board play adds a lot, just have to get used to actually play like that. Hardcore mode is pretty hard, they're so much more sluggish in their movement, almost too sluggish.

Oh man, I get some slowdown from time to time in BAP mode... it was the same on 09 I think, rubbish. Other than that I think the board play adds a lot, just have to get used to actually play like that. Hardcore mode is pretty hard, they're so much more sluggish in their movement, almost too sluggish.

i still didn´t finish downloading the demo. for some reason the demos are really slow comming to my country, it´s not even 50% yet... :(

wow, the hardcore setting is spetacular, very similar to fifa with full manual! very good and very realistic, for sure will be my only play setting! too bad a demo is always so short :P

Yeah me too. I was interested by 09 but never get the chance to buy it, but I will not make the same mistake twice :).

Just downloaded the NHL 10 demo on the PS3 today. Played a couple of games in both the Battle for the Cup mode and Be A Pro. Thoroughly impressed with the game. The new board play mechanism works well. The fighting after the whistle is also fun. It seems like a more polished, refined version of NHL 09 which is great. I really enjoy playing BAP. It suits NHL really well and reminds me of PES Become A Legend and I have more fun with it than I do on FIFA. Overall it looks like a definite buy this year.

I've not played a NHL game since the mega drive days so I downloaded this demo today and I'm finding it unplayable. I only tried be a pro so far but passing and tackling just feels terrible. I much prefer the old button config.

I felt the same thing when I played NHL 09. The change to the right stick for deke's/ shots and checking was a gigantic change along with R2 for passing and it definitely takes some getting used to. I have played the NHL 10 demo quite a bit now and im really getting used to it now. I wonder if the game does feature customisable controls? Anyway its a definite day one for me.

its not much different then 09, which is the most overated sports game of all time

:LOL:

don´t be so grouchy 2kman!

hardcore mode is absolutely great and if it´s possible to play that mode online we´ll play some games. i know you like simulation style of play, so just give it a try on hardcore and you´ll enjoy it.

I just got the demo of this, and having played it a couple of times I have to say I was very impressed. The last NHL game I played was 04, which I got for £4 not long after it's release, such is the unpopularity of the sport over here! I had a lot of fun on that game, I wouldn't buy this unless it's on the cheap but it has some very nice features, hopefully FIFA gets as many/as good features next year!

There's no chance i'm using it on this, but "Hardcore mode" is a very good idea, FIFA should have something similar!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the demo of this, and having played it a couple of times I have to say I was very impressed. The last NHL game I played was 04, which I got for £4 not long after it's release, such is the unpopularity of the sport over here! I had a lot of fun on that game, I wouldn't buy this unless it's on the cheap but it has some very nice features, hopefully FIFA gets as many/as good features next year!

There's no chance i'm using it on this, but "Hardcore mode" is a very good idea, FIFA should have something similar!

true man, fifa with hardcore mode would be spetacular, but i would already be happy if they, at least, put some sliders like in other EA and 2K games, that would bring the possibility to make fifa much more realistic for simulation players.

:LOL:

don´t be so grouchy 2kman!

hardcore mode is absolutely great and if it´s possible to play that mode online we´ll play some games. i know you like simulation style of play, so just give it a try on hardcore and you´ll enjoy it.

i was looking for you last night to play some nhl 09.. LOL.. if your around today i can play, maybe around noon 12:30

i was looking for you last night to play some nhl 09.. LOL.. if your around today i can play, maybe around noon 12:30

man, i simply can´t play nhl09 anymore after playing nhl10 demo for 2 main reasons, boardplay and hardcore mode! i´ll be stuck with batman until the 2 nhl games are out. :COOL:

i really like the NHL games EA put out, but the hardcore mode on NHL10 seems a bit sluggish to me. i like the manual passing aspect of it, but the movement of the players is a little slow for my liking. i'll have to stick with it and see if i get used to it.

Maybe it's possible to change that with the sliders? I think you can turn on manual passes only for example. I too felt they were a little bit too sluggish.

I've played the demo and I'm enjoyed it, especially the BAP game.

However I don't know anything about Hockey, how hard would it take me to get to grips with the game and the sport in general?

After taking the plunge on MLB 09 The Show, I'm willing to do the same with a hockey game.

I've played the demo and I'm enjoyed it, especially the BAP game.

However I don't know anything about Hockey, how hard would it take me to get to grips with the game and the sport in general?

After taking the plunge on MLB 09 The Show, I'm willing to do the same with a hockey game.

well, it´s like football, if you want a more simulation experience you must know the rules and some tactics. but if you just want to have funit´s very easy, turn off some rules (like icing and offsides and maybe penalties) and the final objective is the same as football, put the "ball" (in this case the puck) on net! :P

I want to play the game as it should be played.

To be honest I won't have time to play it this year so I'm looking towards a January purchase.

:PIRATE:

Did you guys see the new video where they talk about making changes from the demo feedback? Really like this. Before a demo was just to show of a game but now they use it almost as a public beta so they can tweak stuff with early patches.

Did you guys see the new video where they talk about making changes from the demo feedback? Really like this. Before a demo was just to show of a game but now they use it almost as a public beta so they can tweak stuff with early patches.

Yes, they did it last year also, i believe they should do it with other games also since the demo and gameplay is always finished way before the final release and the programmers really can´t find all the bugs in the game by theirselves. The patch will probably be out in the release day of the game.

Already got the game, btw, and it´s really AMAZING!! :P

Yes, they did it last year also, i believe they should do it with other games also since the demo and gameplay is always finished way before the final release and the programmers really can´t find all the bugs in the game by theirselves. The patch will probably be out in the release day of the game.

Already got the game, btw, and it´s really AMAZING!! :P

sorry guys for another point of view, i disagree. I do not like this gmae, im going to try hardcore tonight and see whats what, but i just dont like hte feel of this game, or all the exploits people can use

sorry guys for another point of view, i disagree. I do not like this gmae, im going to try hardcore tonight and see whats what, but i just dont like hte feel of this game, or all the exploits people can use

well, that´s not a new coming from you, 2k man! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom