NHL Thread

J

juventus11

Hockey isnt the best sport in my opinion CAUSE Footie is better but I still like the NHL.
Does anyone know if the NHL started yet?
I support the Colarado Avalanche as they have my favourit player Joe Sakic.
Montreal have won the Stanley cup the most with 24 wins and second is The Toronto Maple Leafs, with 12 I think!

Well I would like to hear if the NHL started yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is a cup..... you win the playoffs by beating everyone and winning the stanley cup... the players are locked out by the NHL owners, there is no hockey right now

historic wise, les habitants are the best, ive got to admit, even though the rivalry between the leafs and canadiens is more fierce and more famous than any other rivalry in the league. since i live in the city, im a leafs fan, through and through. gary roberts has got be the grittiest and greatest player there is, hands down!

-fb

Blah Blah........

Cmon people know the Maple Leafs havent won the Stanley cup since 1967 I think!
New Jersy Devils are also a very strong team with one of there stars Scott Stevens.

yeah in our lifetime, the leafs are nothing more then a bunch of chokers... new jersey is def the class of the league over the last 10 years....

END OF DISCUSSION

EDITED BY EATONTJ: Either make the insults funny, or stop instulting each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Hockey this year is the news of the day. I'm not sure when it will be officially announced...

DAMN. And this was finally going to be the Rangers year, every NHL fan knows that. they were quaking in their boots. The rest of the NHL are getting a break this year from the Rangers, yeah, they all know it, "Phew!" they are all saying, yeah, definately.

haha mate thats what you wish.

i thought there was still a glimmer of hope and that gary bettman and co. were going to have a news conference at 1pm ET in NY? hopefully the announcement would be that there will be a season.

apparently the NHL wanted a $40 million salary cap, and was quickly countered by a $52 million cap by the NHLPA. this was unprecedented due to the fact that the PA didnt want a cap at all.

hopefully something may come out of this, haha many of us canadians have stayed optimistic tj ;)

-fb

Why would any sane fan pay to go and see a game now when the whole organisation and its players are acting like children over money?

no the big thing is now the QMJHL (quebec major junior hockey league) where youngster Sidney Crosby of the Rimouski Oceaniques is stealing the limelight. dubbed to be the next wayne gretzky, the boy has 50 goals in 50 games... its a tough ask, but he did it no problem, he even missed 3 weeks of matches due to the international junior tournament in which CANADA WON!

-fb

alright, it's over, whatever. nothing we can do about it now... only problem is many players are pessimistic enough to think that it may go on for more than a year. thats a scary thought

-fb

gunnerglory said:
Why would any sane fan pay to go and see a game now when the whole organisation and its players are acting like children over money?

We in the U.S. are very forgiving of our sports stars -- look at all the shit that went on with baseball strikes over the years and the current steroid use. No one seems to care much.

In any case, with ESPN NHL 2K5, there'll always be hockey around, lock-out or not.

Siroco said:
We in the U.S. are very forgiving of our sports stars -- look at all the shit that went on with baseball strikes over the years and the current steroid use. No one seems to care much.

In any case, with ESPN NHL 2K5, there'll always be hockey around, lock-out or not.
baseball went to shit after the strike, steriods(sosa and mcquire) and cal ripken saved it...

Siroco said:
We in the U.S. are very forgiving of our sports stars

Haha, yeah right, I hope you don't meet Pete Rose in any dark alleyways anytime soon.

gunnerglory said:
Haha, yeah right, I hope you don't meet Pete Rose in any dark alleyways anytime soon.
the US is not forgiving of our sport starts, not at all, shit donovan mcnabb will be booed in the first home game next year, ricky williams can never step on a field again without being booed or blasted in the media, kobe bryant was acquited of rape, but he is the most hated player in the NBA(not to mention the fact his shirt sales are down by %80), sirico what the fuck are you talking about?!?!??!!? randy moss, pete rose, BILL BUCKNER!!!!!! need i go on... man your whole life is delusional

Siroco said:

This reminds me of something funny. I live in Denver, CO and the newspaper up here has two little kids play NHL 2K5 to simulate the results of each game the Avalanche were supposed to play.

It's very funny, the newspaper does a little write up on the game as if it were real and in typical video game fashion, some random player always ends up winning like 12-4... quite funny.

EatonTJ said:
This reminds me of something funny. I live in Denver, CO and the newspaper up here has two little kids play NHL 2K5 to simulate the results of each game the Avalanche were supposed to play.

It's very funny, the newspaper does a little write up on the game as if it were real and in typical video game fashion, some random player always ends up winning like 12-4... quite funny.

Similar to people using Madden to play simulated games prior to betting in their workplace football pools.

But I like the fact that your paper gives these kid's virtual season attention to underscore the absurdity of both sides of the NHL throwing tens of millions of dollars down the toilet because they couldn't compromise.

EatonTJ said:

gotta love denver

the "Toronto Star" (daily newspaper) created an NHL season on EA Sports NHL 2005 on the PS2 and played the real lineups computer versus computer. needless to say, the buds aren't doing so well in this virtual league :( haha

but there is reason to be optimistic! for some reason or another, all of the sports television stations have reported that the season may be saved, or "un-cancelled" ! ooh man what a great early birthday present would THAT be!

-fb

Well, the season is starting now!:) Will five continue with their broadcasts? Their site hasn't been updated, but maybe someone has heard something?
Is there any place on the net which streams games (free or not)?

Eurosport have bought the rights to show NHL matches :) (alongside canal+) But i only think thats the "Nordic" version of Eurosport.

I will follow Philly, Penguins and Toronto this year...
It´s gonna be interesting to see if Crosby is as good as they say. He should be able to get some points with the likes of Leclair and Palffy besides him :)

ta ta

Back
Top Bottom