NHL Thread

Kaah said:
Eurosport have bought the rights to show NHL matches :) (alongside canal+) But i only think thats the "Nordic" version of Eurosport.

I will follow Philly, Penguins and Toronto this year...
It´s gonna be interesting to see if Crosby is as good as they say. He should be able to get some points with the likes of Leclair and Palffy besides him :)

ta ta
well i went to the caps blue jackets game last night, and Alexander Ovechkin is the real deal, on his first play he checked a blue jacket into the glass and the metal stanchion BROKE!! He is a beast!

I was at the Devils game. Crosby had a good first shift and almost scored and he did have an assist on the Penguins goal. I think he will be good. Parise had a good debut with a goal and assist. I heard Ovechin played well but didn't see any highlights. Might have to go see a Devils - Caps game. I am glad hockey is back :) Nice to have a replica Stanley Cup too :)

Mityaj said:
Well, the season is starting now!:) Will five continue with their broadcasts? Their site hasn't been updated, but maybe someone has heard something?
Is there any place on the net which streams games (free or not)?

Channel 5 said they were showing Live NHL Hockey on Thursday 6th October at 12:45. Wasn't on this morning, and tonight is John Barnes football night, so I guess it won't be on tonight either. Still looks like 5 still have rights. Good thing too - I ain't payin £12 a month for NASN!

Go Wings Go! Also a quick shout out to the undefeated Guildford Flames of the English Premier League - 7 and 0!

Mike

MikeyM said:
Channel 5 said they were showing Live NHL Hockey on Thursday 6th October at 12:45. Wasn't on this morning, and tonight is John Barnes football night, so I guess it won't be on tonight either. Still looks like 5 still have rights. Good thing too - I ain't payin £12 a month for NASN!

Go Wings Go! Also a quick shout out to the undefeated Guildford Flames of the English Premier League - 7 and 0!

Mike
That's AWSoME news, mate!!\\:o/I hope to god that five keeps their rights...
NHL should be absolutely brill this season: they 've changed the rules somewhat to get rid of the endless tactical fouls (clutching/hooking/grabing/interference) and make fast combination play and skating key to winning... Yearly reports say that the game is open, fast and great fun!:)

Csaunders, Ovechikin is COOL - on top of his checking, he's also got great stickhandling, fast agile skating... I doubt Crosby will beat him for the rookie of the year!

awesome, you guys like hockey, cool, i have season tickets to the caps, going again tonight to see "Alex the great!!!!!!" cant wait boys

csaunders said:
awesome, you guys like hockey, cool, i have season tickets to the caps, going again tonight to see "Alex the great!!!!!!" cant wait boys

He is indeed great!!!
Pity the caps have such a bad team overall.

Ovechkin vs. Crosby 2 - 1 (points)

csaunders said:

No, "Alex the Great" is the mercurial (ok, when he was younger he was that:) But he's still a fast sniper) Alexander Mogilny... That nickname is already taken;)

Oh, cmmon Five, show us some GAMES!!!!

PS Csaunders, how much is the season ticket? Does it include playoffs? How many home games? Just curious:)

Last edited:
Mityaj said:
No, "Alex the Great" is the mercurial (ok, when he was younger he was that:) But he's still a fast sniper) Alexander Mogilny... That nickname is already taken;)

Oh, cmmon Five, show us some GAMES!!!!

PS Csaunders, how much is the season ticket? Does it include playoffs? How many home games? Just curious:)
about $780 american, 40 home games(no away games) does not include playoffs...

sens are on fire, if hasek doesn't get injured, I can see them going all the way this season.

csaunders said:
did you guys see ovechkins goals the other night!!!! WOW, he is going to be one of the best hockey players of all time!!!

The Russians 'r coming!r-r-r-r! (lol):mrgreen:

Stop wasting your time and watch Rangers win this 2005-06 stanley))8)

I agree that Ovech, is good... but Jagr... )))

YEAH!!! RANGERS CAN WIN THE ATLANTIC TONIGHT. OFF TO WATCH THE GAME @ MSG NOW.

jagr_hokej_gol.jpg

Holy crap those devils are a tough unit, Jagr is out, it ain't looking good, hopefully we can bounce back at the Garden.

Yeah right we will see what you're saying when he's hoisting the Stanley Cup above his head with a portable winch in 6 weeks time.

devil1.jpg

WE'RE THE DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on the Flyers. 2-2 it can still be done.

What is the tv coverage like in America. I imagine you get a lot but I was wondering if it was interactive, where you could choose any game to watch?

Last edited:
Cloud1863 said:
Come on the Flyers. 2-2 it can still be done.

What is the tv coverage like in America. I imagine you get a lot but I was wondering if it was interactive, where you could choose any game to watch?
if you get the hockey package like me, you can watch all games on different tv's at once... i basically get every game...

csaunders said:
if you get the hockey package like me, you can watch all games on different tv's at once... i basically get every game...

yes as csaunders said he opted so that you get to see the hockey players package, he's a Caps fan and a lot of them do that.

Back
Top Bottom