Nintendo Switch

The screen is gorgeous but it was stupid that they went for a plastic screen, it should have been gorilla glass to stop the scratching issues.

About the screen; maybe they went with plastic-with-possible-scratches rather than gorilla-glass-with-no-scratches-but-breaks-on-its-first-drop because they're after durability. As long as it's a portable, they know the chances of it being dropped is high. If this is why, I'd honestly rather this then. I don't want to deal with a broken screen and having to repair it for the same price of a new Switch. There are tempered glass screen protectors that are recommended for the Switch and they're affordable. Should be good solution for anti-scratch :)

At least the left joycon issues have been identified and fixed for future production (SOURCE: Eurogamer).

I hope there's an easy way to figure out if the console on the shelf comes with the newer revision. I vaguely remember you could do it with previous PlayStation revisions by looking for a certain product code on the box.

More than anything I'm just glad that the problem has been acknowledged, I was (wrongly) convinced they'd sweep it under the carpet.

At least the left joycon issues have been identified and fixed for future production (SOURCE: Eurogamer).

I hope there's an easy way to figure out if the console on the shelf comes with the newer revision. I vaguely remember you could do it with previous PlayStation revisions by looking for a certain product code on the box.

More than anything I'm just glad that the problem has been acknowledged, I was (wrongly) convinced they'd sweep it under the carpet.

Yes. Well it's good people made enough noise about it.

I'm glad how wrong I was about this console. It has really taken off. Won't get one for now but I am keeping my eye open for deals or price drops.

nintendo need to realise gimmicks get you nowhere after a few years- the wii stopped selling after 2009

as well,the switch (and nintendo consoles generally) is easy to hack compared to its competitors and therefore easier to pirate on

Nintendo act like they can push 3rd parties like a sack of horseshit and get away with it too

And don't get me started on fan treatment... Its like they dont want promotion

This thing will die by 2020. I hate Nintendo post-2005 tbh.

wow..that's quite a bump lol...did Nintendo drop a brown joy-con in your cereal or something?

no lol

i just hate the company's current direction and overall stubbornness

i felt the gc was the last console they put any real heart into

Ah ok,i too loved the cube,only got a wii when it was £40 ,bought a Wiiu at launch (ouch,love it now though),havent got a switch yet as i think it's about £100 overpriced,will get one though.

i have a cube since 2003 nr so and my dad got it down and bought 2 controllers for mkdd alone, nothing will top mkdd tbh

yea i got my wii in 2009 and kinda left it after a few years while i can still play the crap out of my snes, and gc

On the verge on going for this. Anyone here have a UK online account? How do the free classic games work? Do they stay on the account after the release month, like psn plus games?

I am actually most excited for this right now to revisit old classics, along with classic Nintendo games I never played.

@Isslander 2 games are added each month and they stay on there. You just download the NES app and you find everything in there.

Also, if you have Amazon Prime, there's an offer now where you can get 12 months of Switch online for free, through Twitch Prime.

Oops, I just got one. Went into the online trial, checking out these old games which usually take about 30 seconds because I am so bad at them. Also got Outrun.
So basically now I have a very expensive Outrun machine. Please recommend some games.

Oops, I just got one. Went into the online trial, checking out these old games which usually take about 30 seconds because I am so bad at them. Also got Outrun.
So basically now I have a very expensive Outrun machine. Please recommend some games.
What type of games are you into? Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Mario x Rabbits are all good games. Just depends what genre you like. Also Yoshi's crafted world came out recently. There are a few Wii U games that were remastered for Switch too, like, Mario kart and New super Mario Bros. If you're into third party games, there are few good ones on there two, Doom being one. There are a ton of Indies in the eshop too.

Of the Nintendo originals, I think I might get New Super Mario Bros. Right now I am more interested in retro and indies. Added Baba is You and Donkey Kong Jr. to the library.
DK jr. is so brutal, the very first level hard af. Mario is a real piece of shit in that game, a real Breaking Bad turn since Donkey Kong.

My brain is no match for Baba is You but I still try.

Anyone looking forward to Sword and Shield? Nostalgia got to me, I've got a switch few days ago and playing through let's go eevee. I love him he's so fluffy and cat and nice! And two weeks from now on we start generation 8.

Loving it so far. Very therapeutic and relaxing. Very good after few weeks spent with new PES :LMAO:

EDIT: Wooloo is the best <3

Last edited:
Anyone looking forward to Sword and Shield? Nostalgia got to me, I've got a switch few days ago and playing through let's go eevee. I love him he's so fluffy and cat and nice! And two weeks from now on we start generation 8.

Loving it so far. Very therapeutic and relaxing. Very good after few weeks spent with new PES :LMAO:

EDIT: Wooloo is the best <3
I was religiously following the series until Sun and Moon on 3DS. Didn't buy USUN and UMoon as i found it cheap milking. Also as i posted once upon a time on pokecommunity and serebii forums, but got criticized a lot by "hardcore" fans , the pokeRPGs need something to refresh the series.
For me since i am not a teen anymore , the best would be to add an ATB battle system (ACTIVE TIME BATTLE), attack gauges, that fill up like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, or at least a cool battle system like Summoners War for Android/iOS. Anything that would make the battles more alive and make the speed stat more relevant.

But instead of this, i see again the same mechanics since Red & Blue making the game flat and monotonous. I can't find much fun in the new sagas, as i used to, plus the battle that is unattractive. I tried also the online competitive scene, but it was really uninteresting too, for me. It took all the fun, striping the game to just a breeding grind. It was so unorganic for me.

So for me it is a big NO and if they do not change directions to refresh the battle system, i do not plan to invest to a Switch console. Take in mind that i bought N3DS only for Mario Kart and PKMN RPGs.
THe PKMN RPGs as they are now, were cool in GB, GBC ,GBA era. Now i find them extremelly dated.

I discussed with wife, cause she likes Mario Kart, i am vrazy for MK, and she was positive to buy one on a Black Friday burgain discount.
May i ask the owners here. The differences between Switch and Switch Lite except for the docking TV ability of switch?
Is the performance and quality output on small screen the same?
IE i read a review from a guy recently that both consoles lack of some drifting effect on L analog stick cause the material beneath should be something more sustainable. He based his review on a YT video of a guy would separated the switch consoles to inner peaces.

Can you recommend? Switch? Lite? Or wait for a Nintendo improved version?

There is already an improved switch out there, so make sure you get that one if you buy the non-lite. The box is almost all red unlike the original which has a lot of white in it.
If you plan on playing local multiplayer at all, then It has to be hard to recommend the Lite. It likely feels much better to hold though.
Not sure what you mean about the drift, there has been stick drift in the past ( movement without touching the stick) but Nintendo have admitted it so you would always get a free repair for it.

Back
Top Bottom