Nintendo Switch

There is already an improved switch out there, so make sure you get that one if you buy the non-lite. The box is almost all red unlike the original which has a lot of white in it.
If you plan on playing local multiplayer at all, then It has to be hard to recommend the Lite. It likely feels much better to hold though.
Not sure what you mean about the drift, there has been stick drift in the past ( movement without touching the stick) but Nintendo have admitted it so you would always get a free repair for it.
Thanx for suggestions Drifting is what you said, movement without touching the stick. I am not well informed around it, just read it in a switch vs lite analysis. After that, i googled "switch drifting" and so many results, even recent ones appear. Also a lawsuit is in action about it. I ended up watching a video of a guy who teared apart a switch lite console to pieces. He talks about analog on 11:20.
All in all i am delighted from Nintendo in terms of quality, as i wasa ninntendo fan boy for years, although i thinksometimes they are overpricing things.
IE my N3DS console was good and durable as construction, i bought a console from the very early 3DS versions but for such an expensive console, the construction qualityand durability of the 3D amd sound volume physical switch/buttons was unacceptable. Ot is almost fake, i avoid to use them for real.
I mean that Nintendo although pays attention to quality, does some awkward goofs from time to time.

My wife finally got it for me as a surprise present...Did n't see it coming... It came with Mario Kart 8 deluxe, of course, couldn't be different!!! I unpacked and tired it last night...So many possibilities from now on... mario games, pokemon games (yes i do not like their stubbornness but i will buy one game for sure), Mario and Sonic Olympic games, ( got the demo and looks very decent family game) , Digimon, Yugioh, Zelda..

Only weird effect most games, are more expensive on Nintendo E-shop as digital, than the physical cartridge being sold in stores, which is really impressive, cause here in Greece, Nintendo cartridges are already more expensive, then West EU.

I am also on thoughts of buying FIFA 2020.. it seems it uses the engine of FIFA pre-2017 , aka FIFA 16 ps4 ...etc,etc.. Of course some peripheral hardware is needed for such games, i must buy the Switch special controller ( the XBOX-like one), does anybody from here got this? Any impressions, reviews?

Last edited:
Don't be silly buy pokemon. It's great, despite what the reviews might indicate. I finished it two times, and going for a third time now because the gym challenge is so amazing. Once I'm finished, I'm getting into competitive battles.

but angelon pokemon is for gay babies

maybe but have you seen a wooloo?
62104227_2285217408238702_3657414014050238464_o.jpg

64469426_2296760100417766_1264337496045518848_n.jpg

62637851_2296762637084179_1635561299079331840_n.jpg

easily my favourite pokemon ever, if its c00t and fluff its best and it eats curry too.

Wooloo!

EDIT: If you wanna Wooloo it together on Pokemon here my friendly code: 5029-9012-0632

Last edited:
Don't be silly buy pokemon. It's great, despite what the reviews might indicate. I finished it two times, and going for a third time now because the gym challenge is so amazing. Once I'm finished, I'm getting into competitive battles.

but angelon pokemon is for *** babies

maybe but have you seen a wooloo?
62104227_2285217408238702_3657414014050238464_o.jpg

64469426_2296760100417766_1264337496045518848_n.jpg

62637851_2296762637084179_1635561299079331840_n.jpg

easily my favourite pokemon ever, if its c00t and fluff its best and it eats curry too.

Wooloo!

EDIT: If you wanna Wooloo it together on Pokemon here my friendly code: 5029-9012-0632
Planning for some Xmas shopping. I want to get, a Switch Pro Controller, FIFA 2020, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and POKEMON SWORD*.

*Additionally to my standard criticism for pokemon outdated battle system, i do not like the new DYNAMAX/GIGANTAMAX??? mechanic. I liked mega evolution, i felt meh about Z-moves, but this gigantamax seems utter stupid.. Despite this i will buy cause i am a fan boy!! :(

Did some Xmas supershopping, in disguise from wife of course!!!!!! ;)
Bought Pokemon SW & SH, NBA 2k playgrounds 2, FIFA 20 and a SWITCH PRO controller. It was a big amount of money, hope wife will get much time to realise what happened!! :) ;)
Usually i am bashing NINTENDO for monetization, but this time on SWITCH i feel that every single € is worthing for the quality it gives you back. The SWITCH console has a solid construct, only the cartidge case seems to be very rashed and fragile, it also needs a fair big nail to open, which i have not! The PRO controller is well constructed and durable, with reliable sticks and very good ergonomics, hence the cost!!! Only minus the non-analog triggers.

On games:

POKEMON , it is what it is, if you like the PKMN world adventures and exploring, it will be 15~20 interesting hours, despite the major flaws, old and new, after that i cant see any longevity, just bought two versions, so i can have one for replays, if i need to.

NBA2kplaygrounds: is very good NBA JAM offspring, if you like this arcade NBA genre, but it just suffers from the 2K money hunger. If you can go past this, it is very good game, for me it is not gamebreaking at least, although they could make it more accesible. I will not spend in microtrasnactions either way. As long as i am san at least.

FIFA 20, is what every game of NINTENDO is always, when it has multi-platfrom versions. An inferior version than the PS4/XBOXone, but if you can live with this and you buy a controller, it is good, combined with the ability to play it in portable mode, it is OK. On TV it shows pixelated team badges, cause of bad port. Also it lacks the VOLTA mode and some settings/sliders that the main console versions have.

But for me it is the first time, after NINTENDO 64, that i feel that every single EURO i gave for the games/hardware worthed the money to the 100%. Ok it is known that NINTENDO products usually cost more than the other consoles, which is bad, bt at least i do not feel cheated. It is a very fine experience.
Also with the SPLIT ability of the JOYCONS plus the pro controller, i can now play with 2 other people loccaly, almost most titles, MARIO KART, FIFA, NBA, which is awesome. If the cost was more accesible, i think it would be the No#1 gaming option, very succesfull platform.

P.S.: Food for thought. Seeing what EA sports did for FIFA, i believe KONAMI could give the mobile version of PES for a SWITCH port. As i see on FIFA seems that the mobile gameplay fits good enough on SWITCH. Also NBA 2K plagrounds uses Unreal Engine 4, so they could go on a PES switch version with UE. Comparison between FIFA ps4/xboxONE and Switch, is too similar too PES pes4/xbox and PES mobile.

Last edited:
Did some Xmas supershopping, in disguise from wife of course!!!!!! ;)
Bought Pokemon SW & SH, NBA 2k playgrounds 2, FIFA 20 and a SWITCH PRO controller. It was a big amount of money, hope wife will get much time to realise what happened!! :) ;)
Usually i am bashing NINTENDO for monetization, but this time on SWITCH i feel that every single € is worthing for the quality it gives you back. The SWITCH console has a solid construct, only the cartidge case seems to be very rashed and fragile, it also needs a fair big nail to open, which i have not! The PRO controller is well constructed and durable, with reliable sticks and very good ergonomics, hence the cost!!! Only minus the non-analog triggers.

On games:

POKEMON , it is what it is, if you like the PKMN world adventures and exploring, it will be 15~20 interesting hours, despite the major flaws, old and new, after that i cant see any longevity, just bought two versions, so i can have one for replays, if i need to.

NBA2kplaygrounds: is very good NBA JAM offspring, if you like this arcade NBA genre, but it just suffers from the 2K money hunger. If you can go past this, it is very good game, for me it is not gamebreaking at least, although they could make it more accesible. I will not spend in microtrasnactions either way. As long as i am san at least.

FIFA 20, is what every game of NINTENDO is always, when it has multi-platfrom versions. An inferior version than the PS4/XBOXone, but if you can live with this and you buy a controller, it is good, combined with the ability to play it in portable mode, it is OK. On TV it shows pixelated team badges, cause of bad port. Also it lacks the VOLTA mode and some settings/sliders that the main console versions have.

But for me it is the first time, after NINTENDO 64, that i feel that every single EURO i gave for the games/hardware worthed the money to the 100%. Ok it is known that NINTENDO products usually cost more than the other consoles, which is bad, bt at least i do not feel cheated. It is a very fine experience.
Also with the SPLIT ability of the JOYCONS plus the pro controller, i can now play with 2 other people loccaly, almost most titles, MARIO KART, FIFA, NBA, which is awesome. If the cost was more accesible, i think it would be the No#1 gaming option, very succesfull platform.

P.S.: Food for thought. Seeing what EA sports did for FIFA, i believe KONAMI could give the mobile version of PES for a SWITCH port. As i see on FIFA seems that the mobile gameplay fits good enough on SWITCH. Also NBA 2K plagrounds uses Unreal Engine 4, so they could go on a PES switch version with UE. Comparison between FIFA ps4/xboxONE and Switch, is too similar too PES pes4/xbox and PES mobile.

Ehi mate, not idea if there ever was a debate about this, but is Fifa 20 for Switch an improved version of Fifa 16, or is it the same identical game? I'd be curious to try it if they somehow evolved something on ignite.

Ehi mate, not idea if there ever was a debate about this, but is Fifa 20 for Switch an improved version of Fifa 16, or is it the same identical game? I'd be curious to try it if they somehow evolved something on ignite.
I am not sure pal, cause i have not played any IGNITE FIFA, to know the difference. I have seen gameplay footage only.
But i had the same thinking as you, and that's why i bought it. Taking in mind FIFA 2015 for PSvita, which was a FIFA 11 with improved engine, i thought that EA would have the same strategy on handheld consoles. I can't say it is the same just by watching the videos. What everybody states on the net is that FIFA 20 = FIFA 19 = FIFA 18 (all for switch).

According to reading articles o the net, it uses a dedicated engine, maybe ignite dedicated for switch?

Also i want to mention, that either they have shipped very few copies, or this version sells very well, being a monopoly. I travelled 300 kms, 3 cities, and 5 different franchise malls, only to find the last one copy, to the last shop i visited. Even on greek e-shops. it is sold out and you can only place a special order, with waiting time at least 10 working days.

Sword/Shield is really more of an online game to be honest, story is sadly unfinished - but was the story ever good? The real fun lies in Wild Area and VGC. Exploiting the raid dens and then hosting some rare gmax or shiny pokemon is hell of a fun and I do it almost all the time while slowly getting into competitive play which is complex af.

The future is now, with internets!

I was meant to invest into proper laptop to play PS2 PES with mods this xmas but I just cannot be persuaded, I would rather play poke men all the time. So here - a positive opinion! :Wooloo:

Sword/Shield is really more of an online game to be honest, story is sadly unfinished - but was the story ever good? The real fun lies in Wild Area and VGC. Exploiting the raid dens and then hosting some rare gmax or shiny pokemon is hell of a fun and I do it almost all the time while slowly getting into competitive play which is complex af.

The future is now, with internets!

I was meant to invest into proper laptop to play PS2 PES with mods this xmas but I just cannot be persuaded, I would rather play poke men all the time. So here - a positive opinion! :Wooloo:
Story was not the strongest part of Pokemon games. There are games with zero to weak story plots like R/B/Y or G/S/C and games with very heavy story plot like B/W/B2/W2. But even when the story/plot has not the most impresive or impact-full scenario, for me it counts more how the single campaing rolls. IE as i wrote on the Pokemon topic, the Gamaboy games, had a good map, good level scaling, hard and mazy caves and dungeons. I remember how a pain in the @$$ were the old Victory Roads, in order to get to Pokemon League.

Also as i said in the other topic, with the current battle mechanics system, i have no interest on going online. Maybe i will try 5~10 matches, if i take an online subscription, but for me as long as it stays a strict chess match, as it is the last 20 years, i am not attracted to spend time on online battling.

I know what features i want to be added to make the battle mechanics more refreshing, without violating the turned base system. But i also know that the majority of pokemon players, like the battle mechanics as they are now, so a change/improvement seems impossible.

Just for information, today i bought on discount NBA2K20 for 2,99€ from Nintendo e-Shop!!! I didn't plan to buy 2K for Switch, as i am alright with playgrounds 2, but the price was a bargain!!!

P.S.: My account is UK & Ireland region

P.S.2.: Offer until: 27/05/2020

Attachments

• nba2kdis.jpg
    nba2kdis.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
A glitch happened to me in NBA 2K Playgrounds 2. After an aerial dunk, both players stayed out of bounds and i could not recover the ball to continue, i mean to do the basketball relevant of "kick-off' . :P :P

With the speed i drop on such type of bugs & glitches , i should become a play-tester!!! :P

Last edited:
The Swith has gone up about 70-80% in price here in Iceland. The Lite is still pretty much the same price though.
Probably they have gone very good with their marketing objectives. I think also that the current Switch console is an improved version of the 1.00. It has different boxart in the new one.

Furthermore here in Greece they have again many TV commercials about Switch games. The last time I remember a Nintendo commercial advertisment on TV was back in 2001, with Pokémon gold and Pokémon Silver for GB and Pokémon Stadium 2 for N64.

Today my son asked me what's the name of the character below. I realized that despite I am playing Super Mario games the last 24 years, I never wondered what his name was!!!

After a deep search, took me longer than I expected, I found his name is "Goomba".

Goomba.PNG

Man between the retro-gaming and the ignite Fifas, that's perhaps the only console I'd be tempted to pick up lol. Only problem is that except from the Marios, I don't particularly care for the exclusives.. I'd have troubles justify to myself the purchase only to play things I can essentially, mostly play on pc.

We'll see, maybe if I'll catch some good promotion on something in the future..

Last edited:
Man between the retro-gaming and the ignite Fifas, that's perhaps the only console I'd be tempted to pick up lol. Only problem is that except from the Marios, I don't particularly care for the exclusives.. I'd have troubles justify to myself the purchase only to play things I can essentially, mostly play on pc.

We'll see, maybe if I'll catch some good promotion on something in the future..

It is as you said mate. If you are not into the exclusives like pkmn, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, it does not worth the high cost, when you already have a PC or a ps/Xbox.

Or Unless you are mobile/casual and take effort of the dock mode-to-get to go mode, with some trends like animal crossing, or the fitness games, etc.

But since you are on PC, you are, or you will very soon be, able to play most games.
If you can find a very burgain discount, then it would be a good addition, but in normal price, I would suggest to take it, only if you don't have time for 100% pure-couch gaming, due to family-work-real life issues, or if you are a Nintendo fan and want to play the exclusives, taking advantage of their full potential, IR motion sensors, gyroscope, multi-player, apps, etc.

In any different occasion, I think it costs still a a lot for the average European citizen.

It is as you said mate. If you are not into the exclusives like pkmn, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, it does not worth the high cost, when you already have a PC or a ps/Xbox.

Or Unless you are mobile/casual and take effort of the dock mode-to-get to go mode, with some trends like animal crossing, or the fitness games, etc.

But since you are on PC, you are, or you will very soon be, able to play most games.
If you can find a very burgain discount, then it would be a good addition, but in normal price, I would suggest to take it, only if you don't have time for 100% pure-couch gaming, due to family-work-real life issues, or if you are a Nintendo fan and want to play the exclusives, taking advantage of their full potential, IR motion sensors, gyroscope, multi-player, apps, etc.

In any different occasion, I think it costs still a a lot for the average European citizen.

Thanks for your review man. I think it makes sense at it's indeed kinda pricey as it is for now and for the use I'd make of it. If the chance will rise I'll surely pick it up in the future tho. I don't care for the others, but having more or less all the famous Marios in one console would surely appeal me.

Just out of curiosity, have you played more Fifa on it in the meantime? If so, what's your impression :) ?

I traded my Pokemon Let's Go for FIFA once I've completed it because I had no laptop back then and wanted to play a football game.

What a fucken waste. Trash trash trash don't touch it.

I literally traded this guy for a subpar port of subpar game

Screen_Shot_2018_05_29_at_9.41.18_PM.1527612251.png

if u have a switch buy let's go instead (at least its cute and relaxing I really wanna buy it again).

fifa = trash where it belongs 🐑

Thanks for your review man. I think it makes sense at it's indeed kinda pricey as it is for now and for the use I'd make of it. If the chance will rise I'll surely pick it up in the future tho. I don't care for the others, but having more or less all the famous Marios in one console would surely appeal me.

Just out of curiosity, have you played more Fifa on it in the meantime? If so, what's your impression :) ?
Wow... I wouldn't be as strict as my friend @Saint Angelo ,cause I think it is usual the Nintendo versions of such titles, to be dumped down, in comparison to their mainstream equivalents.

I can confess it, just by having nba2K2 and fifa 20 both on Switch and PS4. So if you judge them as equals to their ps4/PC counterparts, it is natural to feel inferior.

Strange frameskips, bad graphics, strange performance.

So taking this as given, I don't expect fifa for Switch to be the answer or on par with PES2020 or fifa 20 on ps4.

I judge it as completely something different, alternate. As a mobile game with more content and offline content. As this it is good for me, it does its job. It is not the football fix Ofcourse, but a good alternative option. And since there is no PES in switch, from that perspective, it does the job for me. Not as a main football game, but as an alternate/filler.

Now as for FIFA 20, in comparison to ps4 gameplay, I can't tell for sure what it is. It is supposed to be a homebrew frostbite for Switch, but for me it seems like a mix of Frostbite, like a mix of 17-18-19. For example it does not suffer from the 1vs1 of PS4 version. But it really confuses me sometimes.

In contrast, when I saw videos on YouTube from FIFA 19 switch version, it was clear from first seconds, that the game was a Legacy version of FIFA16, although it was not marketed as legacy edition until 20.

Similar case with FIFA15 psvita version, which came on Ignite era, but was legacy edition mixture of that and the previous engine, was it Impact IIRC.

In more short words. It is fun and decent as an alternative, filler, mobile,or side game, between play sessions in pc or console.

But if you place your hopes, that it can be the answer to the inconsistencies of PES and FIFA on pc/ps/Xbox, then you will be disappointed.

This about performance and optimization is very serious. For instance Mario Kart that is also a demanding game, but first party developed, runs almost flawlessly, in comparison to FIFA and NBA2K.

I just can't really stand offline FIFA, I bought it expecting to be FIFA 16-like FUT but it played like trash in 30fps and was very difficult to find online games too.

Waste of money, unless u are a big fifa lover and can't run it on your PC / other console

Eevee on the other hand is not a waste of money. Give your monies to Eevee he a cute cat

do it for him

I just can't really stand offline FIFA, I bought it expecting to be FIFA 16-like FUT but it played like trash in 30fps and was very difficult to find online games too.

Waste of money, unless u are a big fifa lover and can't run it on your PC / other console

Eevee on the other hand is not a waste of money. Give your monies to Eevee he a cute cat

do it for him
To be honest, I would not expect to find easy online opponents, in that games in switch. It is obvious I think that the main player base is in ps4/pc/Xbox in that online gamemodes, 2K online, FuT, etc.

Even on pokemon shield, I tried some wonder trade, and it took me more time to find and execute the trade, in comparison to pokemon x/y/oras/SM/USUM in 3DS, where I did wonder trades in few seconds.

Anyone on or going to play the new Monster Hunter game for Switch ?

I have zero clue about the series, but the majority of the reviews I am reading are almost dithyrambic.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...he-switchs-best-game-since-breath-of-the-wild
I played the demo and I was kinda confused with the gameplay (especially the silk moth thingies to restrain the creatures), but it wasn't bad overall. It's that sort of thing, it's a high learning curve, but once you know enough to get things going, it becomes awesome.
I'm pretty sure owning the game would allow me to really figure it out, but right now I'm in a financial bind (paying for the car I bought last year is eating away at my budget).

Any news on the advanced version of Switch?

I found also a Greek article that Steam plans to make a similar hybrid console. Portable/dock mode.

Back
Top Bottom