Nippon Challenge 2006

How can you check the asian team stats if you cant switch to their side? I thought they dont allow you

go to individual settings, choose a player and go to marking and now you'll be able to see opposing team's players' stats.

I just played with , friends , brother and sure vs. CPU .

Nippon Challenge Modus is my favorite of all offline Cups or Leagues .

But for the next game they can do a better work for for this Mode , like :

- FULL asian Qualification ( they begin on the second round NOT first )

- All Asian Teams playable ( Sorry that was cheap )

- An four years Nippon Challenge

I will explaine the four years Nippon Challenge :

- Friendly games
- Asian Championships
- Friendlygames
- Asian Qualificasions
- Confederations Cup
- Asian Qualificasions
- World Cup
- Maybe something like a Nippon TRAINING Challenge ! )

( Kirin somewhere also there haha )

So here some crative swiss who dont have any english grammar but full of good ideas .

Why Nippon Challenge Mosus dont begin with japanese glorys ( glories ) ? I mean start when they get the first time asian Champion ? Or when they was the first time 98 in the World Cup ?

And the Games have to be all original like they played :

France 98 groupgames : Argentina , Croatia and Jamaika . And all games also by Confed Cup and Asia Championships !

After end of the Mode there unlocked sonem new Mode :

Historic Games of Japans National Team !

I just started it and played a few games, and I wanted to know :

can you unlock new players for the Japan NT ? like Sota Hirayama or Marcus Tulio Tanaka ?

because there are their face in the edit mode (and a lot of others ones like Nakayama, Sogahata, Maeda, etc...)

BTW I was gonna download an OF for WE9....and on the description it says all teams unlocked for Nippon challenge (exc. Asian teams?) SO I think this means you can do the Nippon challenge with another team such as Brazil, France etc.?

just finished my Nippon Challenge in 5 stars. Was eliminated by england in the semis and won 3rd place against Italy. Then I re-loaded, beat england 2-1 in the semis and Italy 2-0 in the final.

is it me or the CPU helps out a bit once we reach WC? I played medium in the qualifier but once I reached WC japan seemed to respond a lot better and I find it strange i got such a hammering of teams like England and Italy (specially Italy, I was all over them in both games).

Scored some amazing goals with the japs, but the gem was obviously nakamura in the corners, scored a lot of headers from nakamura corners in the final stage.

Enjoying this very much.

Eased into the 2nd qualifying stage, but had difficulty then, had to win against (Ubekistan or something like that) in the final qualifying game, won it and qualified, both teams actually did and was quite funny to see both teams celebrate.

Now into the finals, can't rememeber the teams I face, think Trinidad & Tobago and Romania are there, can't mind the other.

Really like Nakazawa and Matsuda at the back, Tsuboi is also pacey and good. Nakamura in midfield is also good, but not too impressed with their forwards.

FD

Nakazawa is a class act even in real life, a good solid defender. As for Ono, he's in there somewhere in the squad, as is Inamoto.

I played 3 star but I might try again for 5 star.:D

I am playing it on 5 star... co op with my mate it really does help playing this mode though compared to when you go back into the normal games i.e. premier league matches.

Nakamura is obviously the japanese star player here though.

Very good game im loving it so far.

Toku said:
I just played with , friends , brother and sure vs. CPU .

Nippon Challenge Modus is my favorite of all offline Cups or Leagues .

But for the next game they can do a better work for for this Mode , like :

- FULL asian Qualification ( they begin on the second round NOT first )

- All Asian Teams playable ( Sorry that was cheap )

- An four years Nippon Challenge

I will explaine the four years Nippon Challenge :

- Friendly games
- Asian Championships
- Friendlygames
- Asian Qualificasions
- Confederations Cup
- Asian Qualificasions
- World Cup
- Maybe something like a Nippon TRAINING Challenge ! )

( Kirin somewhere also there haha )

Sensible World of Soccer was doing that like ten years ago, I still can't believe that Konami game designer did not implemented that feature in their football game series, maybe we should send an Amiga and some copies of Sensible Software masterpiece to "Seabass" Takatsuka office. ;)

Why Nippon Challenge Mosus dont begin with japanese glorys ( glories ) ? I mean start when they get the first time asian Champion ? Or when they was the first time 98 in the World Cup ?

And the Games have to be all original like they played :

France 98 groupgames : Argentina , Croatia and Jamaika . And all games also by Confed Cup and Asia Championships !

After end of the Mode there unlocked sonem new Mode :

Historic Games of Japans National Team !

There was something similar in the Perfect Striker series (a KCEOsaka brand tho, they probably changed name a couple times and reformed at least once in the last 4-5 years) on Nintendo 64 where you were able to (re)play some minutes of famous matches (like the injury time of the match Bulgary-France that qualified Bulgary to "94 World Cup) with the only purpose of changing the result before the final whistle of the referee. It was pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
fatman_scoop said:
Hidetoshi Nakata is underrated in the game...and how come Inamoto & Ono aren't in the Japan squad?

Nakata nowadays is the cheap clone of the fabolous player that we appreciated in the World Cup "98 and in his first Serie A seasons with Perugia (specially) and Roma A.C. His talent couldn't be discussed but I honestly think that he completely lost any motivation during the years he spent playing (not so much, actually) in Parma Calcio F.C. (one of the most mediocre teams of the italian 1st division, I've never ever seen them leaving the f****g middle-low part of the rankings in the past 5 years) and he also got probably turned off by the huge amounts of moneys he earned from sponsorizations and stuff.
I've recently saw him playing in Fiorentina and I also watched the matches of the japanese tour against Sanfrecce, Cerezo etc. and I had the feeling of staring at a champion directed to the "Sunset boulevard". I'm pretty sure that the experience in Premier League will consume the rest of his pride (just like Bolton already did with Akinori Nishizawa) unless the Japanese National Team will be able to turn off his "fighting spirit" since we are at the beginning of the season that precede the World Cup.

You could say almost the same for Junichi and for the ex star of Reddiamonds Shinji Ono, just like for "Atsu" Yanagisawa, or for the Golden Boy Takayuki Suzuki (and the list could be a lot larger than this, trust me). They just couldn't find a place in europe and when the enthusiasms for the new experience and the curiosity about the "Japanese players - they are like Tsubasa Ozhora, aren't them? -" faded away they started to collect substitutions and loans to new teams going more and more down in the local rankings at every shirt change. About Ono and Inamoto well, I really think that there are better midfielders even in the japanese archipelago right now and looks like Zico doesn't really care if you play in Feyenoord or Mito Hollyhock when it's time to call players for the national team.

fatman_scoop said:
Hidetoshi Nakata is underrated in the game...and how come Inamoto & Ono aren't in the Japan squad?

they are mate, before each game you have a player selection chart were you pick 11 + bench and you have 2 lists of players to pick from. you can swap any of the first 16 for another player out (some of them justify).

About this mode: it was a nice thing and a good way to practice, yet it seems like a feature that should have been brough in PES1 (or less) and not worthy of a 2006 game. Konami is utter crap in game modes, anyone who has counted how many years they took untill you could costumize a home and away league or your own knows what I'm talking about.

As much as I think about it I just don't understand why they take so little effort in developting game modes and options delivering the same crappy options every year (it's the multiplayer that makes WE shine, always been).

Is it something about the japanese mentality? (japanese forum mates please comment)

I'm playing this on 6 stars, just beat Hungary in the 1st of the knockout phase, beat them 4-0 with a great strong performance. Now I face Germany, which will be a toughie.

It's gonna be disappointing if I crash out now after the long slog I've had, but I'm more than sure I can keep coming back to this and giving it another go.

FD

This mode is definitely a great addition, but once again, not being able to select from the Asian sides after you complete the thing is inexcusable.

Having said that, this mode still presented me with one of my all-time epic matches against the CPU.

On 5 stars I made it to the World Cup final against Brazil by knocking out the likes of Portugal and England. Having made the final, I proceeded to win 4-3 in extra time.

I took the lead within the first 10 minutes, with a 20 yard strike from Fukinishi, who had made a run from deep and intercepted a clearance, controlling it and hitting a daisy-cutter in off the inside of the post. Brazil equalized through Ronaldo, who fired home from a tight angle, though it was actually Narazaki's attempted save that diverted the ball in.

I took the lead again after about 25 minutes. This time there was good play down the right hand side by Kaji, Nakata and Tanaka. Kaji played the ball inside to Nakata, who turned away from goal, just as Tanaka began to overlap into the penalty area on the right side. Nakata backheeled a perfectly weighted through ball, and Tanaka drove it low between Dida and his near post. Again, Brazil came back, Ronaldinho poking home from inside the six yard box from a low driven cross. Despite the close attentions of my defender, the Brazil playmaker is able to stick out a leg and level the scores. It was 2-2 at half-time, but Brazil went 3-2 up through Kaka immediately aftert the restart as he headed home from a corner.

On to the 85th minute now, and still trailing 3-2, I feed Tamada down the left hand side and he blasts a strike at Dida, who can only parry the ball into the air. Waiting at the penalty spot is Nakata, who steadies himself before hammering a stylish side volley into the near-empty net. 3-3.

Into extra time. The first period ends goal-less, but in the second period a similar move to the second goal hands Japan a shock winner. This time it's Tanaka who sends Nakata clear on the right hand side of the box, and he keeps his cool to drag his shot into the far corner, just past the outstretched hand of the advancing Dida. Nakata jumps the adboards in celebration, and Japan hang on to clinch the World Cup.

Last edited:
Anyone think the rumours about a licensed national team in PES5 (maybe England) might mean they will add something similar to the european release?

I hope if there's a similar(European) feature in PES5 then the teams will have edited player names...as in my version(using Scorps OF) all of the Asian teams have dodgy Japanese names.:(

Stringer Bell said:
Can you buy some of these Nippon players in ML?

you mean the other countries ? like thailand etc. ?

If yes, then you can buy some of them in the WE-Shop, then they will show up in the master league, i think you should buy them b4 starting the master league. Not sure bout it though.

Pakigol said:
I just started it and played a few games, and I wanted to know :

can you unlock new players for the Japan NT ? like Sota Hirayama or Marcus Tulio Tanaka ?

because there are their face in the edit mode (and a lot of others ones like Nakayama, Sogahata, Maeda, etc...)
so... for answering to myself : seems not... :/

Playing on 6 stars restarted Beat Brazil 2 - 0 Yes.... great feature in the game very interesting. Almost makes up for me selling my PSP :(

Back
Top Bottom