No Man's Sky

I keep getting killed by fucking space pirates and lost all my resources stocked on ship twice, one of them i had about 1,000 in gold going for the space station to sell it. The motherfuckers scan our ship when there are too many valuable warez on it. I need better weapons!!!

I keep getting killed by fucking space pirates and lost all my resources stocked on ship twice, one of them i had about 1,000 in gold going for the space station to sell it. The motherfuckers scan our ship when there are too many valuable warez on it. I need better weapons!!!

Ive started to put everything in my exosuit when im in orbit, least if you get killed you only have to repair the beam that breaks and you dont lose anything.

Ive started to put everything in my exosuit when im in orbit, least if you get killed you only have to repair the beam that breaks and you dont lose anything.
Yeah, that's a good idea, i think next time i realize i'm gonna die I'll quickly put all the most valuable resources on my suit.

Well, a few days in has the fun worn off? Any changes to the gameplay loop?

Imagine if they opened this game up for Mods like a true classic, Escape Velocity.

I'm loving the game, I think I have put in about 15hours and visited 3 planets.

Trying to 100% the planet's to get some good units to buy a new ship that holds more.

Does anybody know how to find a bird species once you have shot it down?

I only need this bird to complete the species list but it never let's me scan in the sky. But when I shoot it it lands somewhere and I can never find it?!

Surely there should be a marker for where it landed?

It is driving me crazy!

I'm loving the game, I think I have put in about 15hours and visited 3 planets.

Trying to 100% the planet's to get some good units to buy a new ship that holds more.

Does anybody know how to find a bird species once you have shot it down?

I only need this bird to complete the species list but it never let's me scan in the sky. But when I shoot it it lands somewhere and I can never find it?!

Surely there should be a marker for where it landed?

It is driving me crazy!

How do you know exactly which species are outstanding? My planet has been on 85% for ages. I found a plant I'd not previously scanned and the completion remained on 85 :(

Having increased my exosuit to 24 slots and finding a ship with 22, I have finally been given a new multi-tool by a Gek.

A ship with 36 slots landed at a trading post but it was 7m units, and my planet's not exactly rich with rare minerals.

I've found a planet which is utterly teeming with Gravitino balls. They're worth 30k each but you get shot at loads by drones and 'elite sentinels' which are four legged and shoot beams at you. As long as you use the terrain to hide you, you can do a runner each time and end up with an inventory full of Gravitino balls, and get them sold ideally without heading into orbit. I've already got myself into 7 figures, and I've not really been doing it efficiently.

Think I'm going to farm this planet for a while and then get myself a bigger ship. Need me some chrysonite too, for some of the tech upgrades - apparently cold planets are the way to go?

I've found a planet which is utterly teeming with Gravitino balls. They're worth 30k each but you get shot at loads by drones and 'elite sentinels' which are four legged and shoot beams at you. As long as you use the terrain to hide you, you can do a runner each time and end up with an inventory full of Gravitino balls, and get them sold ideally without heading into orbit. I've already got myself into 7 figures, and I've not really been doing it efficiently.

Think I'm going to farm this planet for a while and then get myself a bigger ship. Need me some chrysonite too, for some of the tech upgrades - apparently cold planets are the way to go?

I would definitely make the most of it if I were you. Farm the shit out of those balls while you still can. I still haven't left my first planet (except for when I somehow accidentally fired myself into orbit as I took off), because I want 100% completion (I'm an OCD freak) at least once.

How do you know exactly which species are outstanding? My planet has been on 85% for ages. I found a plant I'd not previously scanned and the completion remained on 85 :(

Having increased my exosuit to 24 slots and finding a ship with 22, I have finally been given a new multi-tool by a Gek.

A ship with 36 slots landed at a trading post but it was 7m units, and my planet's not exactly rich with rare minerals.

You have the question marks to tell you how many species are left to find.

Usually there are a cave one, bird type one, a couple of water ones and the rest land species.

So I knew I hadn't found a bird one yet so I just kept looking in the sky for something to appear while walking around.

Regarding my issue about shooting them down and finding the birds. Apparently a sentinel goes over to the dead bird to look at it, so you have to just follow it quickly.

I will try it tonight!

Just 100% my first planet and got.350k in units.

When the hud says you have 100% you need to hover over the bar that tells you the % and units you get and keep your finger on the X button to get the units. It took me a while to figure out.

Now have around 800k I sold a ton of Erilium (i think that was the name?) which I found on another planet.

I also found a much better gun/mining laser thing.

Will 100% my next planet and see what ship I can buy afterwards.

Did my first warp to another system yesterday. It has 5 planets so I guess I will be here for a while.

I thought it would take about 1.5m to 2m to get a good ship upgrade. But I had about 850k and looked at a ship, it had 5 extra slots, an enhanced beam, a hyperdrive (apparently lots of ships don't come with them and I don't have the blueprints) and an add on to a hyperdrive to let me warp further.

This ship was only 750k!

The first planet in my new system has no animals but lots of gold. So I stocked up and already have 500k.

I think I will save up at least 2.5m to 3m for my next ship upgrade.

I am still loving it :-D

Loving every minute aswell, the sheer joy of nobody holding your hand, no tutorial, and the limitless exploration is a breath of fresh air.

Travelling from planet to planet in search of richness. Having loads of fun with this.

yeah there are so many mixed reviews, it seems people either love or hate it.

I'm just enjoying it for what it is at the moment. I don't think I will ever get to the center of the galaxy, I think I will get a bit bored in a month's time.

They need to add more variety of things to do (which it sounds like the next patch will do).

Also people are pissed as a lot of things they said are not in the game or not functioning like they said which is true. But I appreciate the game for what it is and what it does achieve and hope they add more stuff with patches.

It would be great to have a 'game' (like Gwent in the Witcher) where you could play with the different factions etc

Also some type of small cities on some planets.

I can't wait to play again tonight.

It's such a unique game and a strange one to assess... It's all well and good to say it'll get a bit boring, but if I spend 10+ hours doing the same thing over and over to "complete" a planet before moving on, rather than trying to rattle through the objectives, A) it's my own fault, and B) imagine if they added MORE STUFF to make it less boring... If anything, there's too much to do, in this scenario! I'd literally never leave the first planet, let alone the solar system.

But then, if you take away the resource management, it'd be too easy to just jet to the objective and finish the game. (It could definitely be tweaked, I think, or at least there could be more options to make it a bit less time-consuming if you do X or Y.)

It's very much a one-track record but it's brilliant all the same, and it's something I'll be playing on-and-off for a long time, I think.

I am still loving it.... but!

One of the main things keeping me going is expanding my ship, suit and gun.

When I max these out and have most of the blueprints then I think that the game will become boring for me.

I am trying to not spam mine things and do the cheats where you get tons of money on a short space of time.

But they need to add stuff, I hope they do so before I get bored of it.

Going to a planet and just finding the same looking monoliths that tell you a vague bit of story that sounds pretty much like the last monolith I visited is a bit jarring.

But in saying that I love the vagueness of it all.

All of the buildings look the same unless you go to a planet with a different race, but all of their buildings look the same.

Im sounding quite negative, but it is a weird one. I still love playing it even though it is very repetitive.

Things to add would be base building (not sure how that would work though? As you leave planets all of the time and go to a new system)

Ships need to have more variety and restrictions on the type of ships. If you get to 48 slots you can upgrade any ship the same as the next. There is no incentive to buy another ship ever again.

Adding a couple of other location types which have different consequences when visiting.

Random meetings on planets with aliens just wandering around the planets.

Those are just a few examples

Anyway, I am still a long way off from being bored and when I finally get bored I will have still put in tonnes more hours and got my money's worth.

I had a great session on this last night, I think I 100% my 5th planet in total and finally found the antimatter recipe.

Saw some great new animals and I landed on a nice new planet at the end of my session and can't wait to explore this planet.

The only thing I can't seem to find is the v1 pass?! Some people say they found it early on with two aliens when an anomaly appears. But unless I missed it? I haven't seen that yet. Maybe I need to go to another system for that? We will see.

Anybody else got the v1 pass? If so, when did you get it? And how?

I am in 2 minds about this game, but after seeing the developers saying how they are going to patch it alot and add/change things, think it's best to wait for a while.

I have two questions...

1) How do you get the V1 pass (without spoiling anything)? I've read that you just have to follow the objectives and eventually it'll come, is that right?

2) I was looking around my home planet last night, which says "50% complete" on the pause screen, discovered 5-6 new plants and a new animal, but that number stayed at 50%... Is this a bug or?

I've got loads of the sets of question marks under the "waypoints" section, which I'm presuming is for plants, but I discovered lots more and the question marks stayed there (and the names of the new plants didn't appear)...

Re: Atlas Pass, without having received any myself, I'm pretty sure it's just a case of following the Atlas route throughout the galaxy.

Yep you are supposed to just come across a couple of aliens that give you the v1 pass as you follow the atlas path, but some people seem to find it earlier than others.I am in my 3rd system and haven't come across them, some people have got them with their first warp.

Chris - the waypoints are buildings that you discover only and save at that point. Not the animals or plants (the squares at the top of the page are the waypoints)

The question marks ????????? Are only for animals. You do not get slots for the plants. The plants don't really matter in terms of completing the planet.

I think you 100% a planet When you find all of the animals only. Because there are lots of waypoints.

Animals usually there are 1-2 flying bird types, a cave type animal and others are just on the land.

Also important, when it says you are 100% you need to press and hold X button on that bar where it says 100% to get the units

Last edited:
Cheers Bobby, I appreciate that. :)

So I'm missing loads of animals then if I'm at 50%... I've been spotting for my 15 hours on the planet though, I can't believe there's another 50% left!

I guess I'll have to fly to the opposite side from where I am now and look in caves etc. too...

Back
Top Bottom