No Man's Sky

Are you scanning around with your visor? it will show green dots for.animals you have already discovered and red dots for animals you haven't got yet. You can see the red dots through mountains etc so just go towards them.

I usually find most animals when I visit buildings, I just scan around while I am there.

The hardest are the birds as you have to shoot one out of the sky to scan it and they don't show up to often.

For some reason I can't get PureVPN to work on there, are they blocking VPNs or something? Still shows Swedish prices somehow...

Never tried to buy it using a VPN myself - It was posted on UK Hot Deals.

I won't try the game now till it is really cheap - £10, as too many people I know who have played have all said after a few hours it becomes way too boring and samey and think the game needs more content.

I won't try the game now till it is really cheap - £10, as too many people I know who have played have all said after a few hours it becomes way too boring and samey and think the game needs more content.

Yeah I feel the same, but feel like playing something for the next few days until my new CPU/mobo arrive, for now I'm stuck on a quad core 4.2ghz AMD so limited in what I can play, tried The Division and it's hard to go back to an erratic 30fps when it was running at 60fps before! So I figured No Man's Sky would run ok :)

I found my first Atlas stone the other day.

Just when I get a bit tired of the game I warp to a new system or find a new planet that revives my interest.

It really is a unique game.

Currently need to save up around 10mill for my next ship upgrade. I am just getting resources when I can and not spam mining everything.

It means my progression is a bit more normal and a struggle which makes it better.

I see people make 50million online by spamming things to get the biggest ship straight away. I just don't see the fun in that.

I have had 4 ships so far, the original, the preorder content ship, an 800k ship and my current one for around 1.5 mill I think.

Next decent upgrade is around the 7mill Mark from what I can see.

Still enjoying it :-)

They have a huge update on this now, you can now build your own base, buy freighters and have a survival mode to make it harder and more challenging.

I havent tried it yet, but willndo soon. It is turning into the game it should have been which is nice.

I stopped playing around 2months ago as there was just not ebough in it to keep me motivated, now it should be different and there are alsoore updates coming up.

Someone bought this for me at Christmas and it's been a surprisingly good purchase. I have less time to game in recent years and I didn't realise how much a "comfy game" like NMS would do me good. I only manage 5-10 hours a week but the pace is perfect for me.

The worlds are all interesting, to me anyway. I enjoy the trading aspect, the dogfights and renaming everything. My first-discovered star system Nick Tilsley's Brain Problems has some incredible lore now, check it out if you can. What I'm appreciating most of all is the beauty of it all and the differences in climate and wildlife. I've gone through 8 planets that have a fair amount of funny-looking animals, but then the past 5 planets or moons have zero animals and various weather conditions that in my mind justify the lack of life. Constant heavy winds, storms that add 100 celsi

Played a couple of hours with Next, so far really great improvements, it's basically what it should have been at release. Glad I bought a cheap Indian version (was region locked but Steam removes region locks 6 months after release).

really easy to lose yourself in a session of this. I finally managed to get myself a warp drive, I thought I had completely borked myself when I traded my multi-tool for another one which seemed better but had no terrain manipulator - it was way easier to fix than I thought.

An amazing moment in my two planet star system, a main mission quest sent me to the third planet which I had no idea was even there, just hidden behind the one I started on. The scale of the planets is insane.

Quick tip, shooting asteroids and collecting silver and gold just outside a space station will get you a good bit of credits. It's a bit of a slog, but if you find a large gold nugget it's pretty sweet.

Quick tip, shooting asteroids and collecting silver and gold just outside a space station will get you a good bit of credits. It's a bit of a slog, but if you find a large gold nugget it's pretty sweet.

TBH the income of them seems good but massively outweighed by refining tetracobalt into ionised cobalt, you get 1 tetracobalt with every subterranean relic you find and when refined it becomes 150 ionised cobalt which are worth 401 each, 150x401 = 60,150 and there's usually 4-8 subterranean relics together so potentially each cave can be worth up to 450k+

For me the best things about the asteroids is the materials you can use for repairing ships (but you might not have got that far yet so I won't spoil too much ;) )

Really enjoyed this for a few days with the new patch, but I've got to admit I'm struggling to go back to it now. Perhaps I'm just a heathen who needs guns, explosions and human-designed "levels" but... It just doesn't hold my interest when there's no "proper" missions.

Hell of an achievement though.

I loaded up my save on this after 6 months or so and am addicted to it.

The improvements in the last big patches are ridiculous. So much to do now.

I got a freighter and am sending my frigate on missions. Found a better ship and repairing it slowly so I don't need to buy one.

Building a base so I can eventually do some farming.

Going to give trading a go, doing some missions etc

My frigate got damaged so i had to go and fix it. Landing my ship on the frigate and getting around the outside of it to fix, while beautiful planets are around me and my frieghter.....it just felt and looked so good. I really feel like a space explorer :-D great stuff.

I have tried this game on multiple occasions in the past. It felt childish, grindy, boring and silly.

And the irony is - it still CAN be - if you want...

Developers did something absolutely amazing here. They created the game that can really be played by anyone and the experience can be crafted to suits anyones playstyle.

Anyone that knows me knows that Im a big fan of realism and immersion.
I dont play football games if there is no fouls in them, I dont play racing games if there is no car damage in them.
And Im a big fan of survival games.

So is No Man's Sky a realistic Survival game? Is it fuck! :LOL:
But it can be fun as hell and covers all the basics to suit my needs.
I need to watch myself in hazardous environment, I have to refuel and repair my ship and tools, when I get shot down by pirates - I spawn on a nearby planet next to my crashed ship that has to be repaired first.
Im playing on Survival mode that limits my inventory. Planets are more hostile, pirates are more dangerous, my hazardous protection is weaker, fall from height can easily kill me and there's more random dangerous events.

I dont look for alien pets tame and ride, I dont build bases on paradise planets full of life. Instead - I explore. Im slowly building my upgrades to get further and I travel. Instead of looking for unicorn planets - I look for raw, dead and realistic looking ones. I walk through caves, scan for distress signals, excavate ancient bones and ruins. Every now and then I pop to Space Station to sell my treasures.

I have to say - in all honesty - I dont remember last time I have played such relaxing and immersive game.

Love it!

Last edited:
Yeah planning to give it another bash soon, think there's been two or three updates since I last played it, the game really does keep on giving!

They've kept this alive , love publishers who keeps games all be and don't let them die after a year or so ,same with State of decay ,come a long way since it's buggy release back in 17 (I think)

I messed up my save on this when I went from PS4 to 5 so I have nothing in the cloud. I hope I can upload it again from the PS4.

Back
Top Bottom