No Winning Eleven 9 International Expected?

woosoki

WEFA President
20 March 2003
Sea of Red
In South Korea, a localized version of JLWE9 dubbed as K-League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, with everything in Korean language including "Korean Challenge," is being released today. And along with the release, there's a report from Ruliweb, Korea's renowned gaming community, that international versions of WE9 will not be released in neither Japan, Korea or the United States. The report adds, the only additional edition of WE9 will be Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution that will be released in Korea only. I suspect this is just a marketing ploy targeted for Korean market, for the report is simply outrageous, but at least that is the only word out from Konami about the next version of WE. Any other information?

I'd heard ages ago that WE9 was going to be the last 'edition' for this generation. I suppose as there is JLWE9 it didn't mean WE9 on it's own but more like the WE9 series. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a proper WE9LE/WE9.5, whatever they call it, as the next-gen version isn't due till 4th quarter 2006 and the World Cup is too good a chance to miss for marketing a new version.

woosoki said:
In South Korea, a localized version of JLWE9 dubbed as K-League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, with everything in Korean language including "Korean Challenge," is being released today.

Would you know any place I can find K-League Winning eleven for cheap? ;) I already have the J-League version but I would really like to play the Korea challenge!!

Or would the Korean Liveware evolution have the Korea challenge as well? Should I wait for that?

Winning eleven is coming to the united states and it there will also be a further winning eleven 10 on the ps2 and xbox 360 and probably the ps3.
This info is old and accurate news

There is ZERO official confirmation yet that WE9:International is coming to the United States. The only dates thrown around are assumed by gaming stores which resemble little accuracy to actual launch dates if the past two years are anything to go by.

Given it's now December, and there is no official word from Konami on a US release this year, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they don't bother.

Haha, Konami get away with so much s"£$ and yet we still buy 2/3 of their games each year, defend them vehmently against all negative opinions and spend hours playing through the same crappy bugs we've seen for years.

Why can't anyone else make a good football game?

Yeh it totally sucks i played Fifa 06 and it has an incredible career mode with all the fixtures and cups etc, but the gameplay is still not upto scratch.
Its so frustrating to have to go back to the crappy masterleague

And of the we9 "international" JAPANESE version (FINAL EVOLUTION , LIVEWARE EVOLUTION , 9.5 or whatever the name) are there any news????!!!...

I DON'T CARE about the US version , its just the same as PES5. (IT REALLY ISN'T A "NEW" GAME)

I'm curious about same thing as Pabeu.

Is there a WE9LE or WE9FE or something like that planned and if so what's the date for that?

pabeu said:
And of the we9 "international" JAPANESE version (FINAL EVOLUTION , LIVEWARE EVOLUTION , 9.5 or whatever the name) are there any news????!!!...

I DON'T CARE about the US version , its just the same as PES5. (IT REALLY ISN'T A "NEW" GAME)

You don't care, maybe because you don't live in the united states, so you don't have nothing to worry about because you are playing the game already, but I haven't even tried it!

Doubla R said:
You don't care, maybe because you don't live in the united states, so you don't have nothing to worry about because you are playing the game already, but I haven't even tried it!

It's not that I don't care, it's just that wosoki was talking of this game in the first post of this topic.

Well it`s December folks.. and International/FE/LWE versions usually get released in late February or mid/late March.. so far we dont see any news so don`t be suprised if they don`t release anything. I`d expect Konami to release WE9:I or FE/LWE somewhat in August 2006.

Would there be any point thay cant expand the Gameplay anymore or the graphics and Konami have shown us how unimaginitive they are when it comes to the masterleague.

johan said:
Well it`s December folks.. and International/FE/LWE versions usually get released in late February or mid/late March.. so far we dont see any news so don`t be suprised if they don`t release anything. I`d expect Konami to release WE9:I or FE/LWE somewhat in August 2006.
Finally a bit of info on what I was intersted in knowing although not really info! :)

So Johan you think it might be possible that this year they don't even release a WE9LE/FE version at all before WE10.

Obviously WE9I is a differnt story but that's not really a new game like WE9LE/FE would be so i'm interested in knowing more about this.

What I think what will happend is WE9:I (or FE/LWE) will be the last instalment) on PS2. Then WE10 should be only for PS3. Now who knows, maybe it won`t be even named WE anymore..or even if WE10 gets released it will be for PS2 too but more improvements on PS3. I don`t know what they can do to improve WE on current platforms other than fool around with master league, buy a few licenses, get some new tricks and animations and thats it. Graphics will stay the same. But whatever happens, I still have tons of fun with my WE9 on PS2 so I can wait.

Another rumour surfaced today, which says Konami will be releasing "Winning Eleven 9 BonusPak" in Japan on Jan 26 2006. The price will be 2940 yen, less than half the price of regular version. No details yet, naturally, but I wonder how this BonusPak will work - possibly an addon that needs the original disc at bootup?

Back
Top Bottom