Not worth to buy pes5 because of ML

drekkard

International
23 March 2005
Barcelona
Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
If you're planning to buy pes5 because of the master league, don't do it, it's not owrth it at all. The single player ML is the same fustrating, annoying and ridiculous cheating experience. :(

Yesterday I went to try it to the flat of my friend. He went out to work today and I played all morning. The cheats are pathetically destroying all the fun in the game. All the matches are the same: 20 shots (2 to 3 posts included) against 2 shots of the CPU. It plays exactly the same always, with 8 opponent defenders packing the box and the referee doing its own show with the fouls. :roll:

Defender opponents still can catch you easily when you go towards the goal, even if you play Etoo and were 6 meters ahead and sprinted all the time (pressing both :l1: + :l2: ). That added to the fact that CPU players have 0 MILISECONDS reaction time. That's purely abysmal.

I played 10 matches against real madrid at 6* in EXHIBITION MATCH. I won them all, only conceding 1 goal and scoring 2-4 goals per match. Then I played 10 matches in master league with the same team, same formation, etc... I only won 5. I lost 1 impossible match (24 shots to 1 !!!!) and drawed to 0 goals the rest of them. I missed a LOT of chances that I was NOT missing in EXHIBITION MATCH, including shots to empty net and so... I think that 95% of crossings went straight to the head of the nearest defender and things like that, while in EXHIBITION MATCH I scored a lot of headers easily. Why, Konami, why do you do it like that?????

The only reason why the game is still balanced in ML is because of the blatant cheats. I could stand them occasionally, but when you have shot 15 times including tap-ins to the empty net and the ball goes only inches wide or to the post every time, or the goalkeeper does incredible stuff that your own goalkeeper would only dream of... then you know it's time to shut off the PS2 and don't pay for it. It's just not fun to play this game in ML. It's some time now that players are moaning on how this is implemented and they do nothing. The CPU AI is awful, they simply do robotic 30 meters through passes and at the same time tries to move your defenders away of the target when the pass is about to be done. Other than that, they represent no danger at all.

As it is funny as hell when played with my mates, and considering that Konami is NOT doing any effort to make single player a better experience, it's logical to assume that we only need a game per group because playing along is as BORING as playing WE9.

Now it's time to the fanboys to say the typical "it's not cheating, it's reality!" and all that pathetic stuff they do when they try to ignore that they face a GAME, and it's programmed, and the scripts are OBVIOUS, specially when you know how the animations are done and see those CPU legs moving twice faster than yours with or without ball, cpu defenders that do 3 or 4 meters of 1-leg icing just to stop ahead of you or shots being driven to the keeper even if you pressed another direction, or the way that CPU fucks your pass speed and you're unable to do 4 consecutive passes... I'm even being awarded a foul against because one (non controlled by me) player committed a foul while I had the ball on a 1 vs 1 against the keeper on the other side of the pitch!

To these that won't admit cheats in master league, we should ask them how the hell they think Konami is balancing the game considering the different times per half? If you win 3 to 0 at 10 mins, you should win 9 to 0 easily at 6* when playing 30 mins. Why's not like that?

The answer is the ammount of number juicing they do to the CPU team. They do it in a ridiculous way in ML, thus spoiling the fun of the game and the fairness of it. Playing in ML against Chelsea feels the same than playing against Crystal palace. Enough of that.

Yes it does cheat but that's due to the big boys who kept saying it was too easy. And it cheats just as much as WE9 so nothing new there.

Well worth buying PES5 for all hours of multi-player fun. Get some more friends who play the game ;)

lol oh dear god this debate of cheating again.

the game does NOT cheat! I've never seen it but some people want to believe otherwise so go ahead i guess we just have different views.

it has always been too easy i agree and the speed of players really doesnt count for much on 6 stars difficulty........shame, i find i seem to always concede around 7 or 8 goals in all competitions all seasdon in ML.....shame....

drekkard said:
If you're planning to buy pes5 because of the master league, don't do it, it's not owrth it at all. The single player ML is the same fustrating, annoying and ridiculous cheating experience. :(

Yesterday I went to try it to the flat of my friend. He went out to work today and I played all morning. The cheats are pathetically destroying all the fun in the game. All the matches are the same: 20 shots (2 to 3 posts included) against 2 shots of the CPU. It plays exactly the same always, with 8 opponent defenders packing the box and the referee doing its own show with the fouls. :roll:

Defender opponents still can catch you easily when you go towards the goal, even if you play Etoo and were 6 meters ahead and sprinted all the time (pressing both :l1: + :l2: ). That added to the fact that CPU players have 0 MILISECONDS reaction time. That's purely abysmal.

I played 10 matches against real madrid at 6* in EXHIBITION MATCH. I won them all, only conceding 1 goal and scoring 2-4 goals per match. Then I played 10 matches in master league with the same team, same formation, etc... I only won 5. I lost 1 impossible match (24 shots to 1 !!!!) and drawed to 0 goals the rest of them. I missed a LOT of chances that I was NOT missing in EXHIBITION MATCH, including shots to empty net and so... I think that 95% of crossings went straight to the head of the nearest defender and things like that, while in EXHIBITION MATCH I scored a lot of headers easily. Why, Konami, why do you do it like that?????

The only reason why the game is still balanced in ML is because of the blatant cheats. I could stand them occasionally, but when you have shot 15 times including tap-ins to the empty net and the ball goes only inches wide or to the post every time, or the goalkeeper does incredible stuff that your own goalkeeper would only dream of... then you know it's time to shut off the PS2 and don't pay for it. It's just not fun to play this game in ML. It's some time now that players are moaning on how this is implemented and they do nothing. The CPU AI is awful, they simply do robotic 30 meters through passes and at the same time tries to move your defenders away of the target when the pass is about to be done. Other than that, they represent no danger at all.

As it is funny as hell when played with my mates, and considering that Konami is NOT doing any effort to make single player a better experience, it's logical to assume that we only need a game per group because playing along is as BORING as playing WE9.

Now it's time to the fanboys to say the typical "it's not cheating, it's reality!" and all that pathetic stuff they do when they try to ignore that they face a GAME, and it's programmed, and the scripts are OBVIOUS, specially when you know how the animations are done and see those CPU legs moving twice faster than yours with or without ball, cpu defenders that do 3 or 4 meters of 1-leg icing just to stop ahead of you or shots being driven to the keeper even if you pressed another direction, or the way that CPU fucks your pass speed and you're unable to do 4 consecutive passes... I'm even being awarded a foul against because one (non controlled by me) player committed a foul while I had the ball on a 1 vs 1 against the keeper on the other side of the pitch!

To these that won't admit cheats in master league, we should ask them how the hell they think Konami is balancing the game considering the different times per half? If you win 3 to 0 at 10 mins, you should win 9 to 0 easily at 6* when playing 30 mins. Why's not like that?

The answer is the ammount of number juicing they do to the CPU team. They do it in a ridiculous way in ML, thus spoiling the fun of the game and the fairness of it. Playing in ML against Chelsea feels the same than playing against Crystal palace. Enough of that.

Obviously not worth you buying it, but others will disagree.

It must be the worst vidoe game of all times, well there used to be a very bad Grand Theft Charriot Cleopatra City 2000 years ago, but PES5 is certainly worse...

Call me blind but i've never noticed the CPU cheats...and if i notice it cheating, i will cheat back!!!!!!

PLF said:

the game does NOT cheat! I've never seen it but some people want to believe otherwise so go ahead i guess we just have different views.

The com does cheat, i've been running towards a ball and suddenly slowed to jogging pace whilst the cpu runs past me and picks the ball up, also when you go up for a header and your player freezes in place while the com jogs off and picks the ball up (you must have seen this PLF) you just have to laugh at it and get on with it.

What the creator of this topic is doing (IMO) is not playing football properly.

You have to vary your attacks, sometimes build them slowly and other times hit them on the break. Running all the time is a common mistake, you also have to time your shots to coincide with the players natural stride. It all makes a difference this game is so subtle it's genius.

Attack down the centre, attack from the wing.

Put some crosses in and cut in sometimes. The way to beat this game is all about variation.

I'll be getting PES 5 as I play it single and multi, multi is far and away the best experience.

Even then home advantage seems to count sometimes which is a little crap.

JimJoeC said:
The com does cheat, i've been running towards a ball and suddenly slowed to jogging pace whilst the cpu runs past me and picks the ball up, also when you go up for a header and your player freezes in place while the com jogs off and picks the ball up (you must have seen this PLF) you just have to laugh at it and get on with it.

What the creator of this topic is doing (IMO) is not playing football properly.

You have to vary your attacks, sometimes build them slowly and other times hit them on the break. Running all the time is a common mistake, you also have to time your shots to coincide with the players natural stride. It all makes a difference this game is so subtle it's genius.

Attack down the centre, attack from the wing.

Put some crosses in and cut in sometimes. The way to beat this game is all about variation.

I'll be getting PES 5 as I play it single and multi, multi is far and away the best experience.

Even then home advantage seems to count sometimes which is a little crap.

You can't just keep going on about the COM cheating, you have to ask yourself why did Konami made the COM play this way...there are many of issues why Konami done this...it could of been because the PS2 might not be powerful enough to make the AI more advance...i'm not sure.

Just imagine the computer didn't cheat (even though i don't believe it)...the game will be easy...and yeah Konami should make the game hard without making the COM "cheat"...but i don't know where just outsiders looking in.

What's ps2 power got to do with it?
PES1 on 5* was difficult enough but without (or much less) cheating.

Note to those that do not believe in cheating: don't turn this thread into another argument. Use the old thread ;)

So, the game makes it harder in ML on 6* and you cant win by 4-0 every time like in exibition.

Are you saying the ML game would be better if it DIDNT increase the difficulty and let you win ML matches with the same degree on 6* in exibition mode?

If I were Konami I would probably make the game "cheat", but think about it the other way around, so it's easier in exibition (quick to play + players at full fitness) and the game gets played the way it should play in ML (varying levels of fitness etc).

Last edited:
drekkard said:

In exibition matches your players are fresh every time you play a match. In the master league or season your players get more worn down after every match they play, thats why you have to use your brain and say hey... why don't I think like a manager for a sec here.

pes5 is going to b awesome the com dont cheat i had no problem atall and ive been playing pro since the first one came out just enjoy and have fun

NWATNA said:
In exibition matches your players are fresh every time you play a match. In the master league or season your players get more worn down after every match they play, thats why you have to use your brain and say hey... why don't I think like a manager for a sec here.

Yep, thats right.

Some people who mostly complain about the COM cheating are usualy the ones who wants to win every game and every cup as qucikly as possible!...and when they don't succseed they get pissed off and say the COM is cheating.....or when they do win every game and win every cup they make a thread saying the game is to easy lol.

BTW i'm not talking about you, drekkard.

1)The Manuals of PES and WE says Exhibition Stars are very different of ML Stars.
Always read the manuals...
2)The CPU defenders run faster than my attackers, lol the attacker have a ball to control then my defenders run faster than the CPU attackers ah ah
3)I've win all yes ALL my match in the two last season on 6*
4)Losing a match i reset the console and then win the game so CPU cheats.. When???and HOW????
5)Conclusion You are a bad player...THE CPU DOESN'T CHEAT
6)and so so much parameters in the game (condition of players,stats, ML classements...) THE CPU DOESN'T CHEAT

I WILL BUY THE GAME PC VERSION!!!
because i want more PES games in the future...

Xcuse my English

Last edited:
PLF said:

Explain Helguera catching Henry up happening on the PES 5 demo then, in the FIRST HALF too.

for what its worth, my copy which i got today is from a kind 'Game' area manager...i will of course buy the game....if we stop buying the game we wont have anything to moan about anymore......

but in all seriousness....a.fter playing WE9 for 2 weeks i can honestly say that PES5 is much much smoother. faster more slick passing is also a major feature IMO.

i was really worried about PES5 as i really wasnt enjoying WE9 at all to be frank, and whilst its normally the case where the Import version was better that the Euro version, this time round its the other way around.

a pleasant suprise indeed.

as far as playing the computer is concerned, what do you expect exactly? geez....

go out an meet some poeple (like game area managers) :wink: and maybe those who have frustrations against the game will realise that this game should be played socially...and not couped up in a dingy bedroom with no lights, a joint and 2 empty pizza boxes. well, not during the week anyway....:D

i now await jonboyo's version for the full on rush....

rant over

I think the cpu does 'cheat', just wish i could too!!!

If you are only buying the game for ML with more correct kits and licenses, then maybe Drekkard has a valid point. imo there's so much more to the game anyway though, i don't really do any ML's. i think most people will want it for the fact that it is the new PES.

drekkard said:
...Defender opponents still can catch you easily when you go towards the goal, even if you play Etoo and were 6 meters ahead and sprinted all the time (pressing both :l1: + :l2: ). That added to the fact that CPU players have 0 MILISECONDS reaction time. That's purely abysmal....

Obviously you're gonna be beaten to the ball if you are trying to sprint using L1 and L2 ;)

Back
Top Bottom