Nothings Changed in PES 6

ak2ae

Non-League
7 May 2006
Am not one to post so you may notice this is my first but i just couldnt help myself. Every year i buy pro evo I play it and notice some noticable changes. This has always led me to complian about the game till I finally get used to it. However in PES 6 nothing has changed from pro 5.
While playing my first few games I thought I was still playing Pro evo 5.

It was only til I stopped playing computer and started playing a friend I noticed some differences.

1. Gameplay slowed slightly
2. Less fouls
3. Worst keepers
4. If you shot from 25 yards it will go over the bar or go in the back of the net.
5. More of a tweak than a evolution surely they aint work on this game for longer than 4 months.

Whatever happened to the beautiful game where you can slice up opponents with brilliant passing movement.

I see alot of people saying this is the perfect game but all they have done is get rid of the things that made pro evo 5 different from pro evo 4. I have had this game for too days am gonna put in down for now because it feels like I've had it for a year because it is not really different to PES 5. It feels like one of them teaked update patches gamers do on PC games. Definetly not an evolution.

Am not saying it a bad game it probably is the best PES game so far but the game should not be called PES 6 it should be called PES 5.2.

P.S
This is from a Pro Evo legend since ISS on SNES.

More lincenses
Improved game play
Feels more real now
Better keepers
Kit editor
Internal mode
RBK Cup
Random mode thingy

Lots more you have to pay it and probe deeper into to find the beauty of it if you can't find it from the outset.

ak2ae It was only til I stopped playing computer and started playing a friend I noticed some differences. 1. Gameplay slowed slightly 2. Less fouls 3. Worst keepers 4. If you shot from 25 yards it will go over the bar or go in the back of the net. 5. More of a tweak than a evolution surely they aint work on this game for longer than 4 months. [/QUOTE said:
You didn't notice that the gameplay was slowed when you were playing the computer? Right..

Fouls are more realistic, some are pathetic, but so are some professional Premiership referees decisions.

Do you mean 'worst' keepers or 'worse' keepers? First, pick up a dictionary, secondly, play WE10.

If you "shot" (or shoot, depending or not whether you can spell..) from 25 yards, yes, it goes in or goes over, you missed one thing, the keepr catches it very often, I don't quite understand your point here (not that i do in any of the others.)

As for you 'surely they havent been working on it for longer than five months'. I thuroughly argree with this, I think the changes they've made really don't make up for a year of updates, especially not the 360 version, that is a complete and utter shamebles.. But, live with it, and I'm sure in a few months you'll be loving it.. I hated PES5 when it came out, then grew to love it.

This game does, however seem too similar to WE10 with a few bugfixes to me , and I honestly feel Conami is just ripping us off, a good game, but definitely not a years work.

ak2ae said:
It was only til I stopped playing computer and started playing a friend I noticed some differences.

1. Gameplay slowed slightly
2. Less fouls
3. Worst keepers
4. If you shot from 25 yards it will go over the bar or go in the back of the net.
5. More of a tweak than a evolution surely they aint work on this game for longer than 4 months.

You didn't notice that the gameplay was slowed when you were playing the computer? Right..

Fouls are more realistic, some are pathetic, but so are some professional Premiership referees decisions.

Do you mean 'worst' keepers or 'worse' keepers? First, pick up a dictionary, secondly, play WE10.

If you "shot" (or shoot, depending or not whether you can spell..) from 25 yards, yes, it goes in or goes over, you missed one thing, the keepr catches it very often, I don't quite understand your point here (not that i do in any of the others.)

As for you 'surely they havent been working on it for longer than five months'. I thuroughly argree with this, I think the changes they've made really don't make up for a year of updates, especially not the 360 version, that is a complete and utter shamebles.. But, live with it, and I'm sure in a few months you'll be loving it.. I hated PES5 when it came out, then grew to love it.

This game does, however seem too similar to WE10 with a few bugfixes to me , and I honestly feel Conami is just ripping us off, a good game, but definitely not a years work.

Shockin' The Prem said:
It's nice to know that there are some guys out there who still love the game but aren't far enough up Seabass's arse to feel that it's a patched WE10. Good on you, sir.

If Konami change it too much, everybody will be complaining. They have done something in that 3-5 month period though, they made the game play much better, although some will diaagree. i don't agree with the not being able to make pass moves. Ive done it and im sure there is loads more to come when i play more with a decent OF and play more intently.

Its more challenging, it is slower but the pace does pick up in some games, ive been playing international challenge(sorta new feature) and thats been fun. Brazil are overpowered though.

The more you play this game and get better at it, the more you will like it, im sure of it.

I think the players now have more of a physical presence, wether it be in attack or defence. Stronger players typically are harder to get the ball off and it shows in the game. They tend to bump off defenders, stumble a bit and still be in possession. PES5 lacked it entirely as it felt too "polished" to be a real representation of football.

Some people may enjoy it or other may think previous one is better.To my past experiences , when a new version was out .Always ,people will complain about it.
For me , I had played we10, sure there's a lot need to be improved.That what we have found in PES 6.
goalkeeping-less foul and less rebounce.
Fast freekick-press r1 and L1(not so often in pes 6)
gameplay-slow -this is good (more realistic),imaging playing we9 with players running and dribbling so fast without tired for 90mins.This is inpossible for a real game.It can be improved in the next gen this fast pace of game which can only less 10-15 mins, especially on counter attack or when team was 1-0 down , when all out of attack was activated.

I love the game. The most realistic version of PRO to date. The only gripe I have about it is the slightly dodgy keepers. But hey, they are better than WE10.

The other alternative to another footy game is FIFA which is not a recommendation.

Serious question, this isn't an arsey comment but a genuine query; answer this honestly. Don't you find that, when you're going to do a pass, you see where you want it to go and how you want the player to take it in your mind's eye, but then when you press the pass button it either A) goes too slow and the pass recepient just stands there like a dickhead waiting for it, or B) it goes to the wrong person? Or, if you use a through-pass, goes to the side of the player instead of in-front of him?

In FIFA 07 on the 360, I find the passes go where I want them to go (with the fully manual passing system), and the players move their arses to take the ball in their stride and get forward, every time. In PES6, it's so "stiff"; I find that every player seems to stand there as if they're a 43-year-old Sunday league player, going "you expect me to move for that?" - you can't get them to respond - and even then it sometimes goes to the wrong player.

I find no satisfaction scoring in the game when the build-up play was rushed because of the cramped pitches with every opposition player pressing, when most of the passes were sloppy and when the passes were delivered to the wrong man half of the time.

Am I seriously the only one who feels like this?

(I may well be crap at the game, but it wasn't like this in PES5 or WE10)

Last edited:
Jack Bauer, that the difference with WE10 is minimal should not bother people because we are not supposed to play that game...it is a game for the Asian market. Don't forget that Konami does not make their games for the 0,00001 % of super freaks like all the people on this forum.
The Beatles did not make music for the few hunderds of fans who saw them in Liverpool, neither does Gabriel Garcia Marquez write books for the people of his home village Aracataca (what a fantastic name that is...).

Shockin thePrem: it's rather easy to attack people on language mistakes...there are plenty of non native English speakers on this forums...who is your French, Italian, Dutch, German, Slovenian, Chinese or Japanese???? Do you never make mistakes???? So shut the fuck up...

Jack Bauer said:
Serious question, this isn't an arsey comment but a genuine query; answer this honestly. Don't you find that, when you're going to do a pass, you see where you want it to go and how you want the player to take it in your mind's eye, but then when you press the pass button it either A) goes too slow and the pass recepient just stands there like a dickhead waiting for it, or B) it goes to the wrong person? Or, if you use a through-pass, goes to the side of the player instead of in-front of him?

In FIFA 07 on the 360, I find the passes go where I want them to go (with the fully manual passing system), and the players move their arses to take the ball in their stride and get forward, every time. In PES6, it's so "stiff"; I find that every player seems to stand there as if they're a 43-year-old Sunday league player, going "you expect me to move for that?" - you can't get them to respond - and even then it sometimes goes to the wrong player.

I find no satisfaction scoring in the game when the build-up play was rushed because of the cramped pitches with every opposition player pressing, when most of the passes were sloppy and when the passes were delivered to the wrong man half of the time.

Am I seriously the only one who feels like this?

(I may well be crap at the game, but it wasn't like this in PES5 or WE10)
You need to move the player towards the ball. That might help.

cant we make one big topic for all the whiners, getting tired of the dozens of new posts about how bad pes6 is everyday.

and maybe there should be a central topic for the network problems too..

Stan said:
Shockin thePrem: it's rather easy to attack people on language mistakes...there are plenty of non native English speakers on this forums...who is your French, Italian, Dutch, German, Slovenian, Chinese or Japanese???? Do you never make mistakes???? So shut the fuck up...

:applause:

I've still not played it yet so i will have to get hold of it. Loved the old one PE5.

Back
Top Bottom