Off Topic Comes Back or Not? (Officially CWright Approved)

Off Topic to come back or not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gunnerglory

Ok people of Evo-Web. Our brave noble leader CWright has allowed me to post a poll regarding off-topic after using a few military tactics on him from my days in the Vietcong jungle battling gooks. Here first is the proof:

Dermot says:

Oh, so you've decided to show your face. I'm ready for this now

CW says:

jeez

Dermot says:

bring back off topic you bastard

CW says:

a stunning, reasoned argument u have there. ok

Dermot says:

Right

Dermot says:

Glad thats settled

CW says:

i am, of course, joking

Dermot says:

Your a miserable bastard, what kind of trip are you on, bring it back

CW says:

i bet i am the only one u ever discuss this with arent i?

Dermot says:

Its that other bastard KEZZ and fathead babs I friggin know it, just cause they want to talk about their WE and their broken super computers plugged into their arses, everyone else has to suffer

Dermot says:

MISERABLE HEATHENS

CW says:

i will allow u to start a poll in the current affairs thread, should ot return. state that i have allowed it or it will be closed immediately

Dermot says:

Okay I'll paste this, and I'm making it public

CW says:

no, better in site comments

Dermot says:

Then we'll really see who wants it back and who doesn't

Dermot says:

Okay

OKAY NOW, WHO WANTS OFF TOPIC BACK AND WHO DOESN'T?

I FUCKING WANT IT, We have lost many members, I say bring it back.

FORZA OFF TOPIC.

Yes please, it's been really dull on this site without it. I have also noticed elite members have been allowed to talk off-topic in the news and current affairs forum. This disturbs me somewhat, I cry at night thinking about this. Please Chris, make evo-web great again. PLEASE!!!

For the record I dont think that OT should return but I think that the people who visit the site should have some say on what gets posted here, hence tonights poll

Bring it back, there needs to be somewhere to post things that don't quite fit into the other categories."man cuts of nuts" that topic is not news and more suited to off topic.

Mods mainly, I'm not surprised, CWright does not look like a fool, it's not a dictatorship for fuck's sake

i voted yes, OT was often funny and also had its fair amount of crappy threads, but nothing a mod couldn't fix.

Yep, i'll back up what i said before it's closure and what many have said here.

There can be shitty, pointless threads, but bite your lips Mods and bin them if needs be! :D

Bring back OT :salute:

Then when the topics are closed we get countless other topics moaning about how CW and Babs are tyrants, with loads of pictures of Hitler.

Close those topics then, just restrict it to a section in site comments... If spamming persists, ban the offending members. Same as you would in any other forum. It's not rocket science.

The other option would be for everyone to lighten up and have mods set an example with quality posts. We just want to have a laugh for god's sake. ;) Life's too short.

Anyway i'm just going over things that have been said already, at the end of the day it's up to our leader... but it's quite clear that members care about off-topic, which is a credit to the site really. It's what got me posting on the site, rather than just leeching the patches. (not that this is a good thing to certain mods/admin ;) )

Last edited:
Nice to see the "who voted no?" "probably just the mods" argument is back. Some people outside the staff don't like OT just as some of the staff do, can't we all just accept that?

Also, Kezz and Babs have taken flack again for no reason right at the top of this thread. Neither do anything that isn't backed up by the rest of the staff, both of them give up a lot of time to keep this place going. Kezz in particular gets a bad press but he only works within the rules we have and Evo-Web may not even be here if it wasn't for his efforts over the last few years. So please can the bitching at specific members of staff stop?

When the admins/mods (the majority of) voted to lose OT we knew what kind of backlash there'd be so don't get your hopes up for its return. Not unless you want to pay for it anyway...

Finally, as danwin said we all need to lighten up but that does mean everyone, it's hard for certain members of staff to lighten up when they keep getting insulted.

Thanks for listening, I love you all.

Mart said:
When the admins/mods (the majority of) voted to lose OT we knew what kind of backlash there'd be so don't get your hopes up for its return. Not unless you want to pay for it anyway...

Can I ask if this means that if it does get a 'yes' than members will be asked to pay money (i.e. donation) or something? Or am I reading this wrong.

I voted 'Yes' btw, although I do agree with some others about the amount of shite posted in there too, although others have mentioned how to deal with that.

FD

gunner said:
Dermot says:

Its that other bastard KEZZ and fathead babs I friggin know it, just cause they want to talk about their WE and their broken super computers plugged into their arses, everyone else has to suffer

Not entirely true and its only on re-reading this topic that I realise you said that.

There were 10 mods who voted for the removal of OT so it wasnt a vote done on the spur of the moment, it was a carefully considered decision by the whole moderating team.

From this point can we please grow up and stop blaming certain Mods for doing what is basically their job on the site

Can somone tell me which Mods voted YES?
I know Don Domenico did and IKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom