Official GTA: SA Thread - (XBox & PC 7th June '05)

No details yet though. Roll on E3.

Oh and may i be the first to say "fingers crossed Boro gets a work experience job with Rockstar North to help out with GTA 2005/06"
Comon everybody repeat after me ;)

Back on topic it will be interesting to see what they do with this. They didnt move it forward tooo much with Vice City and the title leads me to believe they wont move this forward much either. If it was going to be a radical change it would be re-named GTA4 or GTA 5 or something. However they did add Bikes and Planes in the last one so theres hope of a big step forward here. I for one would like to see busier streets and a longer draw distance with alot less fogging. The fogging pisses me off too much.

a bigger city, another good soundtrack, better storyline, more cars and more new vehicles

to be honest theres nothing much you can add to gta, the basic format is always gonna be the same

I'd like them to remove the pain in the ass gameplay feature that is "drowning in 2ft of water"..! You should be able to swim for a limited amount of time to try and get to safety.

ReActor said:
I'd like them to remove the pain in the ass gameplay feature that is "drowning in 2ft of water"..! You should be able to swim for a limited amount of time to try and get to safety.

There are rumours that the swin feature will be brought in like the sprint feature ie you can do it but for a limited period of time

CWright said:
ReActor said:

There are rumours that the swin feature will be brought in like the sprint feature ie you can do it but for a limited period of time

Sounds good, i just hope they get enough time to FULLY code it before release, Vice City had so many glitches it was untrue..............still a Great game tho!! ;)

phrase said:
Okay is San Andreas time era,old skool,recent or futuristic? I'd love a futuristic setting.

I'd prefer a present day setting........the music was good in Vice City, but prefer loads of different stations with different music than all stations from the same decade!!

it'd be good if you could decide whether to be a good guy or a bad guy, maybe a good guy as an undercover copper, trying to catch the person you would be if you were bad. . .kinda like that shit game the name of which escapes me now, that was supposed to a british version of GTA>>>>

Official Logo

gtasa_screen001.jpg

metallica said:
any screenshots ?

thanks

Not yet, Rockstar are always very secretive and dont release much til nearer the release date

I have read that it is set in present day and shaun ryder will be one of the voice actors.

Shaun.jpg

Vice City was full of glitches but what a game. Its one of those games that you play for ages none stop when you first get it and then play every now and again but still keep your interest in it.

What would most people like to see in the game?

I would like to see the a-team van in :)

I would also like them to use a different graphic engine, less cartoony.

I would like to see the ability to blow up bridges (which would be repaired a few days later). Also car ferries which you could jump onto to evade the police. The ability to shoot out street lights, more ice cream vans too, and annoying van drivers who always cut you up.

More traffic on the roads, and the ability to transport cars. For example a van you can load up a bike into the back of so you can hop on the bike and drive that instead and leave the van behind. Also the trucks on vice city with the ramps on the back. One of them but when you park the car ontop of the ramp it stays there when you drive away.

Boro said:
More traffic on the roads, and the ability to transport cars. For example a van you can load up a bike into the back of so you can hop on the bike and drive that instead and leave the van behind. Also the trucks on vice city with the ramps on the back. One of them but when you park the car ontop of the ramp it stays there when you drive away.

If you leave the lorry/van/car door open they stay there for ages. As long as you don't change vehicles too much.

I've left a car with it's door open, flown to the other island come back and it was still there.

No i mean if you drive the car onto the truck with the ramp on the back, get out of the car and get into said truck, and drive the truck around. In Vice City when you do this the car rolls off the truck as you drive away. Id like the car to stay on the ramp on the truck so you can "transport" it.

Right, I see. I've often thought of being able to kidnap people and put them in the back of a van. When you drive a van the doors get beat off and there is plenty of room in there to put people in!!

You could kidnap people and hold them to ransom.

Not that I'd want to but I've noticed a lack of anyone under the age of 18 in the game. I guess running over kids would raise too many questions!!!

Gangs.

There are gangs in Vice city, and it's the best bit when you can start a war then sit back and watch them take out each other, then you just run in and get all the money and guns !

But I would like to have a gang myself, so you could get them to block a road off, forcing a fleeing enemy to go a certain route, straight into your trap.
Imagine chasing a villain through Little Havana, and forcing them into Phils yard where 6 of your guys lie in wait with bazookas.

You could have a squad based command system like in Ghost recon or whatever.

freddyboy said:
You could have a squad based command system like in Ghost recon or whatever.

Oh please God no, lets not make a simple great game over complicated...

Yeah I agree with you - that would make it far far too complicated. The beauty of GTA is that it is fun to play with easy controls.

ReActor said:
Yeah I agree with you - that would make it far far too complicated. The beauty of GTA is that it is fun to play with easy controls.

got it in one there mate

Back
Top Bottom