OFFICIAL: Shevchenko golden ball tomorrow!!!!

K

kaka2005

FORZA MILAN FORZA SHEVA!!!!!!!

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

Ernestito said:
in my opinion henry deserved it.anyway, congrats to sheva
I'm ok with you Ernestito, Henry (actually Golden boot 2004)
Latest Golden Shoe standings:
1 = Thierry Henry, Arsenal (England) Goals: 30 Points: 60
2 = Ailton, Werder Bremen (Germany) 28, 56
3 = Djibril Cisse, AJ Auxerre (France) 26, 52
4 = Andriy Shevchenko, AC Milan (Italy) 24, 48

and Henry are more complete, so why Sheva win ? :roll:

Well for one it's much harder to score in the serie A than scoring 4 past leeds utd. I wouldn't say neceassarily that Henry is more complete as well, I don't think Henry could do the same runs in serie A.

Henry is a completely different player to what he was at Juve. Just as Tomasson did fuck all with Newcastle hes done quite alright with Milan.

Superb player, but he doesn't deserve it...it should have gone to a Porugese Porto player.
Oh, it's all about publicity...

If it was publicity, it would have been Henry. The award is for best player of 2004. Deco is arguable, but Carvalho imo isnt as good as he was at Chelsea, and Ferreira isnt himself either. Shevchenko has been excellent this half of the season as well as last year for helping Milan win the title. Hes also consistant for Ukraine.... who lack the football skills Portugal, brazil and France have.

Don Domenico said:
I don't think Henry could do the same runs in serie A.
Are you sure sir ? You must have missed all of Henry's encounters against Italian teams, the 5 - 1 thumping of Inter and hat-trick vs AS Roma.

He can do the same runs in any league, in my opinion.

He was only about 21 though. He wasn't the player he is now when he first joined Arsenal.
Much credit to Wenger I suppose.

Sheva totally deserves it! Don't forget he plays for Ukrain national team...that doesn't give him the same projection as playing for France,Brazil,Portugal,...

In my opinion he's the best striker in the world and i doubt Henry would score half the goals if he played in Italy

Thank you Jonny2J and Starsky. Shevchenko is quality, but saying Henry won't be able to skin Italian defences when evidently he has during Champions League encounters, is pure biasing of another kind.

Let's forget HBK972, another moron...
Although i rate Shevshenko high, i really don't see why he should deserve to win in 2004...
Maybe in 2003 when he was very influential in the CL Final...(although Nedved really deserved it that year).

Not another Henry vs Shevchenko thread please

HBK972 said:
Sheva sux, only a ukrain son of an b*tch. :D
Use your brain if you got to say something, if he's a bit than what are you?

Gunplay said:
Thank you Jonny2J and Starsky. Shevchenko is quality, but saying Henry won't be able to skin Italian defences when evidently he has during Champions League encounters, is pure biasing of another kind.

Henry faced an inter and a year before that a roma that were both having nightmare seasons at those respective times.

All credit to Henry for doing fine in those matches though. Let me rephrase what I think: Henry wouldn't be able to do his runs on a REGULAR base in Italy like he is able to do in England.

What Sheva is gonna win the ballon d' or, im cool with that, but i thought Deco would have won ah well

Please stop with "Henry don't scores in serie A"... it's stupid
Look Tomasson in England, Look Chaventon in France...

When Henry play for Juve, Henry play only few games and so many time on the bench

I agre Henry is an excellent world class player, but i dont think he is one of those who can succeed in Italy. Look at Rivaldo... he was at the top of his career... winning the world cup...being amazing with barca. Then with Milan he was a joke, rubbish in the serie A.

Don Domenico said:
Henry faced an inter and a year before that a roma that were both having nightmare seasons at those respective times.

All credit to Henry for doing fine in those matches though. Let me rephrase what I think: Henry wouldn't be able to do his runs on a REGULAR base in Italy like he is able to do in England.
i agree with you on that point to a certain extent, but the reason why players like Shevchenko and Henry stand out above the rest is the fact that they do adapt to whatever is infront of them, whereas alot of lesser players cant do that, like if Henry was back in Italy im sure hed learn to adapt his game to the Italian way and pick and choose what to do like Shevchenko does and just takes whatever comes at him

you cant be successful in italy as a foreign player.they dont give you time to adapt.they expect world class matches from the first game.thats impossible.

kluivert and davids in milan, henry at juve and a lot more........

you also dont have harmony, always pressure.

thats the reason why they "failed" there

Back
Top Bottom