Official shops selling early thread

ripkord

Super Laser Ninja League
2 August 2003
Glasgow
Rangers
Cant see one, so in time honoured tradition here it is...

If you know of any GAME stores or any stores at all breaking the release date then please post here so we can lever the rest to do the same :)

So far we have GAME on Thursday who apparently will sell it after 5pm
Likewise with ASDA and Argos.

I had some joy in HMV one year, pick a newbie and ask them to check the back (hate to say it but girls still know the least about footy games release dates ;) ) get it to the till quick, if they fuss, just moan... :) didnt have to though, guy didnt even look at it just beeped it and asked for the money :)

Yeah your local import shop will sell it Wednesday or Thursday as soon as they get it basically - wont name names as I dont want the non-chain stores getting hurt.

Cheers :p

I have a mate in Glasgow who had it sold early to him by game today. Bastard! was bout o open a thread but u beat me to it.

hey guys, just thought I'd add some insight into this, I work in GAME in cardiff and we have street dates broken a lot of the time but is usually a case of if its sold somewhere then its usually on sale everywhere within 30 minutes. So if someone had it sold to them in a GAME store tomorow it would be registered and other chains (virgin,HMV etc) would know and put it on sale, it can hardly ever just be one GAME store or one HMV store because when its put through the till its a registered sale and subsequentially breaks law/street date

I want to mention something about the earlier release date! In Austria the game is available in form of the 3 versions (PC, BOX360 and PS2) since TODAY!

So if anyone of you can't wait any longer so you can order the game at www.gameware.at

The new release should be on the main site! An express service is also available!

So don't hesitate and buy this if you want :-)

EDIT : The game isn't at the main site at the moment but under xbox360 register card and new releases you can see that is here since today..so long...

Last edited:
a sneaky thing to do is ask to put the money onto a GAME giftcard and and take a copy and ask them to put it through on friday.....! this only works if your REALLY good mates with someone who works there

morris said:
a sneaky thing to do is ask to put the money onto a GAME giftcard and and take a copy and ask them to put it through on friday.....! this only works if your REALLY good mates with someone who works there
REALLy good mates with someone very dodgy who works there you mean...

When do the shops usualy get delivery of it? tried a few stores in town today. all said they hadnt received it yet.

my m8 is the dept manager of my local GAME store and he said they get delivery of it on thursday. pro evo is one of 50 new titles that day so he said he is going to have to work hard to stock them all out on the shelves for friday.

he said off the record that there is a strong possibility that if you trade in pro evo 5 when buying peo evo 6, you will get more money back for the trade in than you would normally get

girish said:
my m8 is the dept manager of my local GAME store and he said they get delivery of it on thursday. pro evo is one of 50 new titles that day so he said he is going to have to work hard to stock them all out on the shelves for friday.

he said off the record that there is a strong possibility that if you trade in pro evo 5 when buying peo evo 6, you will get more money back for the trade in than you would normally get

depends what warehouse it is sent from, fifa 07 was in with us on monday, pro evo should of been in today, tomorow at latest, they dont like to send priority new releases on thursday incase of problems and it doens't arrive (happened with the sims last week, didn't have it on friday!)
I have a feeling it will be sold somewhere early tomorow! happened with most other major releases lately (dead rising, just cause, lego star wars and football manager)

In Paris, my brother bought the game this afternoon "avenue de la Republique". The ps2 version was present too.

I know a games shop in Liverpool thats getting PES6 in stock tomorrow. They sold me Splinter Cell: Double Agent a few days pryor to the official release so they'll do the same with Pro 6.

also i have read on another forum woolworths will be selling this tomorrow as many stores have broken the street date.

thought i'd add although its a little two late i'd say by now:

ive ordered PES from gameplay.com every year, and practically with every new release you'll get it on the thursday before it comes out on the friday. it depends where you live really, their delivery takes 1-3 days, but im in the middle of nowhere, i choose first class delivery (99p) and it always works.

They do have an option of next day delivery, but i never risked it as my theory is that they wont send it till thursday then to arrive on friday.

BlueScouse said:
I know a games shop in Liverpool thats getting PES6 in stock tomorrow. They sold me Splinter Cell: Double Agent a few days pryor to the official release so they'll do the same with Pro 6.

Hey Blue, how about you share which shop that is with me so I can get my ass down there tomorrow? :-)

getting mine ( xbox 360 ) in one hour from a shop in nw london.fifa 07 tomorrow.these guys call me when the delivery comes in.

ripkord said:
Game stores in Glasgow confirmed sale on request.

Let the flood gates open :)

Apparently Gamestation broke the release date and Game's delivery comes in today, so they'll be available to buy on request from about half eleven. That was from the Sauchiehall branch.

any of you guys know if computer exchange (cex) near tottenham court road will be selling on thursday? as i have vouchers there that will cover the cost of the game.
they have any history of selling early?

just got mine from woolworths in pinner (northwest london station on met line) was easy as pie as I just picke dthe old asian cashier and asked if there were anymore pro evolution 6 on 360 left behind the counter :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom