OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Only rant I have after about an hour of playing is, (and I don't know if this just happens for me..) that when you take a shot, if it goes just wide of the post, you get like half a second where the game just stops, not long at all, but I can see it getting annoying.

I'm very critical, and the game is very, very near perfect, that's the only real problem in my eyes at the moment, it'll probably seem normal after a while anyway!

Overall.. I'd say the game is fan-bloody-tastic!

Can't believe we've gotten so far and no one has mentioned it...

AUTO-SIDESTEP IS HISTORY!!!
\\:o/ 8) \\:o/

Played two matches so far. Animations are nice, some great new ones for players falling over (a real nice one where the player sort of rolls 'through' his stumble and lands on his feet again). The cross animation where the crossing player falls on his ass is back again, and there are lots of other little animations I've not seen before. Of course, the GKs now make more one-handed saves too.

Player responsiveness is far better than WE9, thankfully. If a player stumbles in WE10, you are 'in control' of him again extremely quickly and you can continue your run, in WE9 this type of situation would always result in a free-kick. A great improvement here because it keeps the flow of the game going, there are definitely less little, silly fouls in WE10.

Use of :r2: to receive a pass seems tweaked. In WE9 it felt like although your player controlled the ball, he almost controlled it too well, and the ball got stuck under his feet a little. In WE10 this doesn't seem to happen. It's hard to explain, but although it seems defenders catch up they don't seem to be able to put in much of a challenge while they are sprinting back, which is just great as in previous versions they'd just barge into the back of you. This time it feels like they're really just concentrating on getting on their goal-side first, before they think about tackling.

Through passes are struck less powerfully and more precisely, the high through pass is much more floated instead of driven.

No slowdown on FAR view, not tried others. I also notice the tiny 'freeze' that sometimes occurs when the ball goes into the net or just bye the goal, but it doesn't hurt at all even if it's a little strange to get used to, not serious.

Only new stadium available at the start is Bernabeu, which is pretty well done (the ground area inside the goal net is sweet, it's 3/4 grass and 1/4 concrete like the real stadium). I assume if there are any other stadia they have to be unlocked.

I won't post any stats or faces so don't ask, I'm gonna go back and play some more and see what else I notice.

Overall, I'm impressed so far. It's more 'free' and balanced compared to WE9. :)

Last edited:

Oh, good shit. I ususally refrain from reading these threads because I like finding out little nuances of the game by myself, but thank the Lord the auto-sidestep is gone. That alone will do me.

Thanks Kel for the new link, nice goal, and thanks ClassicD for ur review, very informative, glad to know u can control ur player now and referee isnt a retard anymore.

Doubla R what is this ?

ClassicD some questions :

1- do you feel that we10 is a lot better than we9 ?
2- slowdawn ?
3- the stands are empty ?
4- shots harder ?

thanx

That, I found in dekazeta.net, they said the weird round things are balls, and the flags i guess are the classic teams, and the rest i think is cameras, is from WE-shop, I don't have the game so whatever I post I have gotten from other sites.

The famous japanese friend. End of discussion, no warez talk, kezz is gonna start banning people.

Pros -

Ball physics are superb. really feel like the ball has weight now in all weather conditions.

Control and aiming are again tweaked to perfection

Cons -

Graphics. God does it look dated.

grass looks the same

Overall: the games better than we9,but not by much in we9 we saw where the winning eleven series could go. In this version. it can only be enjoyed by those that really notice the pros nuances.

in other words:this games for the hardcore series fans.

STR said:
Oh, good shit. I ususally refrain from reading these threads because I like finding out little nuances of the game by myself, but thank the Lord the auto-sidestep is gone. That alone will do me.

Old news mate, we already knew auto side-steps were gone! And I love the classic dribbling!

huh??!! WE10 is out? I thought it was 27th April! *hopes someone will say they pushed the release date ahead*

eey gast ken je efe plaatjes posten van man u of real zo als saha, c.ronaldo, rooney en nog meer

anyone knows when the patch will be released?Or some option file?Im new so be patient:D

Anyone else notice, no Ballack or Kahn in Bayern, greedy fucks. :roll:

just got the game, it's very nice, the responsiveness of the player is much faster, however the GK become sucks as it always fail to save the easy shot...

WE7 said:
how can it be !! and from the video that guy posted in the 1st post khan save henry shot !! maybe its from your copy ?@

Stop asking questions like that!!!!

Only red the reviews and news ut stop starting Questions!

I want this thred alive and it is good that someone can test it!

From around two hours play:

Player strength and speed play a much bigger factor. On anything less than 5 stars Shaun Wright Phillips runs computer teams a merry dance (yet to try someone like Messi/Ronaldinho). Rooneys strength is also really evident when challenging/being challenged.

Overall as a one player game it flows much better. I did notice that towards the end of a tight 1-0 game the opposition who were beating me started to play ole football.

Keepers spill the ball more often.

Anyone mentioned :l1: + :r1: quick free kick option, managed to score a classic sucker punch goal against Argentina using this.

I'm sure theres much more I'm glossing over, initally like I say much more fun as a one player game, I'll have to wait till Tuesday to find out if its effected the dynamics of 2 player.

my first game against my brother : 8 - 8 lol

in PES5 and WE9 if we could score more than 4 goals "together" it would be an exelent game!

( normally we play 30 minutes matches )

the attack moves are brilliant, but i can't say the same about the defence..its hard to control strikers like ibrahimo and henry...almost unbeatable in 1 on 1

overall is an exelent game, but the it's a bit harder to learn the basics, it have so many new moves and improvements!

it would be nice if we could just start moves guide

in one of the videos released by konami we can see a wonderful move by figo, does anybody know how to do it?

sorry my bad english, im portuguese

fozan said:
ClassicD some questions :

1- do you feel that we10 is a lot better than we9 ?
2- slowdawn ?
3- the stands are empty ?
4- shots harder ?

thanx

hi Fozan

1. game is tons better than we9, konami has answered all the critics on here and delivered anotehrmaster peice
2. No slow down, i think they worked out a way of spreading the game data, disc is over 4gb!
3. stands are only empty if you chose to reduce them, like before
4. shots are better, but the game feels more free than we9, more natural, more like real football

we going out witha bang on ps2!

Hi All,

Sorry all...I am a buyer too...

Thax

B2Y

is it just me or is the game really easy at the default settings

because I just played 2 games, the final scores being the following:

Mexico 4-0 Angola

Mexico 6-0 USA

Hey guys....sorry i was away,could not answer al the questions for u,because i playd the game till 03:00 in the morning and posted the revieuw like 03:30 ,after that went to sleep at 04:00 l0l.just woke up.

Some more details....if u play at night,on somestadiums before the match starts u see the stadium from above like a helicopter shot.Its al dark with little lights and then u see the big stadiums and fireworks;)
I didt see any slowdowns at this moment.
I do have to say...dunno any of u guys noticed if u see a reply the grass texture looks a little pixelated.I think grasstexure ist improved that much:(,to compare WE10 to WE9 there are many things changed.And no there are no 3D crowd,and i dont know the colour of Beckhams theet l0l:).
And yes someone posted about defending realy good skilled players on 1:1 it is realy hard,but u have to trow some matarazi tackels on them;)
in the WESHOP u can buy players(like adu)with full face previeuw,mellon balls(strange :)lol some costums like a outherspace costume i think,and a man on a ostrich(yes the big bird) and a man on a velociraptor(yes a dino just like in jurasic park) the classic teams are still the same,no new one added.
L0l i still need to leard the V-trick and the Mathew feithn

Last edited:

What about the tournaments, any new cups and leagues options, or just the same as the last few version?

ML league structure is exactly the same as the last 2 versions?

International Challenge (World Cup qualifying) - does it have all European teams (like San Marino, Faroes, Luxembourg - even if they are not all playable)?

more importantley is their a widescreen mode yet for people with widescreen monitors or we still gotta look at fat chunky players

Back
Top Bottom