Offside Rule?

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
It seems like they implemented it

eg. ONLY when i touch the ball, i am offside.

But sometimes i dont touch the ball and the keeper picks it up and then its an offside..

weird..

I think they got it wrong, actually. You don't have to touch the ball - you just have to be 'interferring with play'.

That means that if I slide a pass through to you and you're obviously the intended recipient, but you're in a offside position, the ref can blow up before the ball reaches you.

Maybe they had to do it the way they've done, it, though, becuase the AI isn't sophisticated enough to determine when a player would be offside but not interferring.

yeah i do notice that .. u are only called offside if you are played into action ..

yeah it was this way when i saw the match between Brazil vs. Argentina in the finals.

Yea, its a bit shit really, you get your hopes up when a high ball drops at your feet and then you hear the faint whistle, pain in the arse really.

actauly if your offside and you move outta the play your not offside its fifas new rule so if your offside and u just stand there put ur hands up showing your outta the play and thn get back onside you wont get called, for an example Henry on aresnal does it where he his offside and they pass it he stands still and puts his hands up and lets another player onside run onto it and sorrry for no commas it doesnt work lol

But can you do that in the game too? Like let another player run after the ball instead of the one who is offside?

game killer said:
But can you do that in the game too? Like let another player run after the ball instead of the one who is offside?

You might do a supercancel and press :l1: and switch to a player and quickly run after the ball although I think that the defenders will be there earlier in most of the cases, which is realistic though so I've no complaints there.

i score a goal like this ... WE9 apply new FIFA offside rules...
Guly and Henry are offside but not Trezeguet and the referee accept the goal.
its wonderfull

Check out this video...I was playing against Barcelona and during one the plays, Gio passed the ball into the penalty box, where Etoo is clearly in an offside position. However, the referee didn't call it offside because obviously he didnt interfer with the play. Notice that he backed off to let Guily take the shot.

Sorry for the crappy video quality, I had to take it with my mobile phone.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3622735/...ffside.avi.html

Last edited:
There is another rule. The Linesman can flag for offside only 5 seconds after. That´s the time he has to decide it.

So say a player was in an offside position and there was a defender quite close, after the ball is played through could this player then jump back onside then run on to the ball and shoot/score?

Nope. I had a player offside when someone shot, the goalie saved, defender moved down, and a striker nudged it just to be called offside as the palyer was in offside position when the ball was played,

Ive been offside even if i do not touch the ball though, weird..
It mainly happens with the keeper picks it up..

Back
Top Bottom