OFICIAL - FIFA suspends Portugal from all international competitions

Mauras

Premiership
7 October 2002
What was expected (and in my op. needed) is now official.
FIFA has suspended Portugal from all international competitions meaning champions league, uefa cup and euro 2008 qualifiers.

The punishment takes effect from the 14th september on if the portuguese FA fails to stop Gil Vicente FC decision to claim for justice in the civil courts in the "Mateus" case.

What is the "Mateus" case?
It's the perfect example of how corrupt and lame portuguese soccer is. Mateus is an angolan player apperently ilegaly registred and used by Gil Vicente last season. After the last day of season one of the fights for descent was between Gil Vicente and Belenenses. On the field Belenenses went to 2nd division, after loosing at Gil Vicente. Nevertheless Belenenses protested about the "mateus" incident and then began a soap opera that lasted months and ended in this decision.

The case went on an on, the prior favourable decision for Belenenses staying in the 1st division was turned back once by a comittee in which there was a person related to Gil Vicente, then the case went weeks without decision, with several decision makers resigning.

The portuguese league was about to began and the case was unsolved, with Gil already turning to civil courts, which is not acepted by FIFA (which would lead to a huge discussion of it's own) and the league began without the Benfica vs Gil or Belenenses taking place.

This story perfecly shows what is portuguese football (and were do the brazilians, our "heirs" get the natural talent for confusion and corruption in their soccer :))
Add this to the "Apito Dourado" (golden whistle) case also taking place here (and apparently "quieted" down) a very similar case to CalcioCaos in which the FC Porto president, the Professional League president, the Referee comittee president and other ppl (including refs) were investigated and accused of forgering results after their phones were tapped and evidence colected. Guess what? the main corrupt ones still remain unpunished ;).

Milanista said:
Does that mean Chievo, Ajax and Osasuna return to the CL?

That's the stupid part about it From FIFA.
The timing FIFA decided actually allows the first day of Champions League to ocurr and also the first Euro08 qualifier, this week against Finland.

The only reason I see them to take this decision is by having secure info that Portugal will solve the case, which I find irrational since there is simply no guarantee Gil Vicente will step down it's course.

I don't quite get it how UEFA will sort this out if the case continues, what will happen to the portuguese games in champions league (eg. Sporting CP faces Inter Milan the 12th).

But yes, Chievo, Verona and Ajax are on standby.

Soulflytribe said:
It Su**!! What about Miccoli

well, that one now not only has to wait for FIFA to let him play in the CL as he has to continue loosing wheight to be able to do it anyway ;)

I can't see this happening. If Gil Vicente wants to stay alive they better comply. Or else Sporting, Porto and Benfica fans will go to Barcelos and destroy Gil Vicente...:D

Edit: Mauras, your sig: Benfica is still the only thing on your mind eh? How about Sportings magic moments in your sig? Oh yeah, i know, you're Anti-Benfica, not a Sporting fan...

Last edited:
Where did you heard that?

Fuck Gil Vicente, stupid bastards what a wankers!

"Gil nos tribunais...

...Gil nas Destritais!"

airjoca said:
I can't see this happening. If Gil Vicente wants to stay alive they better comply. Or else Sporting, Porto and Benfica fans will go to Barcelos and destroy Gil Vicente...:D

killgilfo4.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7716/killgilfo4.jpg

Edit: Mauras, your sig: Benfica is still the only thing on your mind eh? How about Sportings magic moments in your sig? Oh yeah, i know, you're Anti-Benfica, not a Sporting fan...

If you want to check recent Sporting CPs ridiculous moments as posted by me check the "New Kits" thread and definely stop trying to hold my hand since as you wil see I'm equaly able to make fun of others but also my club. Learn to do so yourself and learn to laugh with your benfica as I am able to laugh with both benfica and sporting.

Mauras said:
If you want to check recent Sporting CPs ridiculous moments as posted by me check the "New Kits" thread and definely stop trying to hold my hand since as you wil see I'm equaly able to make fun of others but also my club. Learn to do so yourself and learn to laugh with your benfica as I am able to laugh with both benfica and sporting.

Oh believe me, i can laugh a lot about Benfica, I simply dont spend my time concerned with Sporting or Porto like you do with us ;)

But Air, I love benfica :) Believe me when I say it's not hate, it's love cause I laugh a lot with them (in the same way I laugh a lot with Sporting everytime Polga misses a scandalous clear and it ends up in a goal). It's probably difficult to understand this but I have a peculiar way to enjoy the comedy behind soccer ;)

Pretty stupid situation. If Gil go forward with this, the club will probably end in a year or two. Smaller teams like Gil depend on the big clubs for players.

all I hope is that sektioui's porto will play the champion's league . I would have wished belenense to stay in 1st division but it's already too late right ?

The fact is that this is a potentially groundbreaking situation for worlwide soccer.

As a pundit said today Gil is on the verge of one of 2 things: extintion or... making soccer world history.

If Gil proceed it will eventually shake the foundations of FIFA since portuguese soccer authorities will be forced to kneel before the country's law while other european countries and even the EU might have to pop in to act regarding this untill now "silent clash" between FIFA and UEFA "we have our own rules" club and the national law of every country.

It's very bad that from incompetence of a single club, the world country gets punished. I know too about the Apito de ouro, Porto cheating but what league didn't had that in history? Last year (2005) we had something similar in Brazil, one ref (Edílson motherf*cker) manipulated results of SOME matches, but CBF decided to get back ALL the games for some 4 gamedays. Direct on undirect, most of teams had a benefit (like champions Corinthians) and teams that were in top (Ponte Preta) got bad results and went down.
I think the right thing was get a limit of international players in Portugal, especially Angolan, Mozambique, and these countries that were of Portugal. Even Brazilian players should get a limit.
And relegating Gil Vicente to 2º division, or even, being harsh, to Estadual. With those punishments clubs will open their eyes.

The problem Porco is that Gil doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Fear of extinction used to be the reason why clubs stopped from going to national (or even european) justice. The same for players. Bosman lost the fear, "lost for 1 lost for 100" and look what happened.

Gil are in that same, dangerous but curious position. They know they already wen't too far so at this point they don't have much more to loose. If they sucessfully challenge the whole "club members only" philosophy of both portuguese and international soccer nothing will be the same again.

That frightens me but on the other hand which one can look to FIFA and FIFA and the basis of their power and say it looks clean, transparent and coherent? What distances FIFA from MAFIA when it comes to establishing it's own rules and punishing a member that tries to challenge them or seek justice outside the "family"? Reasonable questions...

Mauras said:
The problem Porco is that Gil doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Fear of extinction used to be the reason why clubs stopped from going to national (or even european) justice. The same for players. Bosman lost the fear, "lost for 1 lost for 100" and look what happened.

Gil are in that same, dangerous but curious position. They know they already wen't too far so at this point they don't have much more to loose. If they sucessfully challenge the whole "club members only" philosophy of both portuguese and international soccer nothing will be the same again.

That frightens me but on the other hand which one can look to FIFA and FIFA and the basis of their power and say it looks clean, transparent and coherent? What distances FIFA from MAFIA when it comes to establishing it's own rules and punishing a member that tries to challenge them or seek justice outside the "family"? Reasonable questions...
Yes, but Fifa is too harsh sometimes and too light others. Gil ain't a big club, got almost no chance to win a championship these years (Unless one "Abramovich" buys them), so they won't really care. If it was in last year, something similar but with Sunderland, in EPL. They won't care too, because they know they are playing just because it's in their schedule. The don't want to be fucked but they fuck with everybody

We simple live in a country of motherfuckers, pedophiles, corrupt politicians doing a circus around the Portuguese population, it's simple a shame how Portugal leads with this problem as the Italians did it with their in 3 months.

We'll be always a country of shit with ignorant pople that even can't speak/write Portuguese correctly.

Portugal compared with Italy or Spain it's like to compare a used and pierced condon with a new one.

A similar ban was imposed on Greece a few weeks back, and this case like that one probably won't be upheld (the fact the deadline is after competitive matches involving Portuguese teams is a good indication of this IMO).

man i think its shit how when something happens at one club and yet all the other clubs in that country including internatinal team gets punished when they had nothing to do with it thats totally lame

You forgot to add that the son of Gil Vicente's president voted in favour for them to stay in the bwin league, resulting in a voting in favour for Gil Vicente and that it had to be repeated, this time for Belenenses.

That gives the opera more soap.

And then you should have little faggot bunny fuckers Leixoes trying to fuck things around even more.

I hate portuguese soccer, if our teams don't get a chance to play the CL and my country doesn't qualify for the Euro, I'ma stab someone with a pillow.

Looks like Gil is going forward.They are going to civilian courts to solve the problem, but Portugal will not be affected by this because the FPF (The Portuguese Football Association), made a request of national interest in the courts so FIFA it seems accepted this situation.
End result will be Gil Vicente disappearing and Portugal not being suspended.

Back
Top Bottom