oh my god, i hate this xbox 360 pad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
...ok myabe i don't hate it but i'm very frustrated when playing pro 5 on xbox 360. i've been playing it on PS2 for god knows how many years and i was one with the ps2 pad. i've just started playing it on xbox 360 and i can't seem to get to grips with it. D-pad is in a terrible position let alone the fact its no where near as good as the ps2 d-pad and i've always hated analog sticks when playing football games but with how the xbox 360 pad is arranged analog feels best suited.

doesn't help that i'm losing online to, not being big headed lol, people i would of absolutly destroyed if i had my ps2 pad. i wouldn't say i'm the greatest player ever but ive got enough victories under my belt on the PC version and PS2 version so i can't be that bad. has anyone had this problem adapting to the new console and how long did it take?

also does anyone know if a converter has been made to use ps2 pads in xbox 360s...i'm getting desperate now lol:lmao: maybe smartjoy have made one?

Last edited:
Mate its easy to get it to work with the PC just download the USB drivers for it and plug it in.... Strange your having issues Nick, I personally love the Xbox 360 Dpad allthough yes its not quite as good as the PS2 Dpad. I have no troubles playing PES5 on my 360. Overtime ive got used to it. Now of course I Play Winning Eleven 10 on PS2 anyway and my PES5 is collecting dust.

DJ

Personally I much prefer the 360's d-pad over PS2, I've never got along with the dual shock's d-pad to be honest, though probably due to it's uselessness for playing 2D beat 'em ups. The 360's d-pad isn't great, no where near the Saturn's for instance, but at least the rest of the pad is stupidly comfortable, bordering on Gamecube in terms for comfort infact.

i'll just have to keep at it i guess. but for exmaple you know on ps2 when you press r1 and r2 to manual move your player when the ball is in the air? that doesn't feel as natural to do on the xbox pad. i'm not winning many headers in the box, just feels like i'm terrible at the game when i know it isn;t the case lol i'll see how it goes and let you know how i'm getting on.:shock:

nickgarratt said:
i'll just have to keep at it i guess. but for exmaple you know on ps2 when you press r1 and r2 to manual move your player when the ball is in the air? that doesn't feel as natural to do on the xbox pad. i'm not winning many headers in the box, just feels like i'm terrible at the game when i know it isn;t the case lol i'll see how it goes and let you know how i'm getting on.:shock:
Lol,I know exactly what you mean mate,I've always played on the ps2,until about 2 months ago.
The first time I used the 360 pad,I couldn't use the super cancel feature AT ALL.
My finger was trapping against the trigger button(RT) and the right bumper button(RB).

Just takes time,but you do get used to it.

Analogue stick is great where it is imo,as I've never used the directional pad.
Much more accurate and comfortable than the ps2 pad.

The X-Box 360 pad is much better, i can play Pro on PS2 pad aswell, it's not that hard!! Anyone who isn't playing Pro or any games on analogue may as well stop playing games now, it has been 6 years since they were introduced, they are much better.

I hate to say this but I must be a retard then! I cannot stand using Analogue! ive always used Dpad since ISS Pro on the PS1! and still do now.

I find Analogue too difficult to use at times.

DJ

Malcolm9 said:
The X-Box 360 pad is much better, i can play Pro on PS2 pad aswell, it's not that hard!! Anyone who isn't playing Pro or any games on analogue may as well stop playing games now, it has been 6 years since they were introduced, they are much better.

i bet i'll kick your ass playing WE using dpad \\:o/

Malcolm9 said:

Haha, so wrong mate, so wrong.

As the game isn't analogue, there are no benefits of using the sticks.

Seabass himself was quoted as saying he uses the d-pad for better accuracy and he actually went as far as to say the d-pad was better for Pro Evo.

Well what a shame, I bought the xbox360 for PES.
I shall continue PES on the PS2, cause it rocks with the analogue stick!

Hopefully there is a not microsoft controller wich plays better with PES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom