• WE9

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • Older Version

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Not Sure Yet

Votes: 13 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
where is the poll, and anyone who says WE8LE, simply is not bright and too picky, WE9LE or WE9FE will be absolutley perfect...

I havent played it enough myself but i could never play an older version i would always feel like i was missing an improved option etc.

Last edited:
csaunders said:
where is the poll, and anyone who says WE8LE, simply is not bright and too picky, WE9LE or WE9FE will be absolutley perfect...

Not bright??? I bet I can whoop you in any WE game that's ever existed. I think your the one lacking intelligence here.

Watch your mouth!

Jflores, that's hardly a helpful or constructive comment. He's just saying what he believe's. That each game is getting better, hanging on to old itereations is small minded. You don't need to start insulting or threatening him.

And saying you are better at him at WE has got nothing to do with what he said, so why bother?

PS I played him in the Evo-Web league ages back, he's not too bad, but I think he's from america or something. So his lag was a challenge ;-)

Last edited:
Negatrev said:
Jflores, that's hardly a helpful or constructive comment. He's just saying what he believe's. That each game is getting better, hanging on to old itereations is small minded. You don't need to start insulting or threatening him.

And saying you r better at him at WE has got nothing to do with what he said, so why both.

PS I played him in the Evo-Web league ages back, he's not too bad, but I think he's from america or something. So his lag was a challenge ;-)

If you read most of the threads, you will see why I took offense to his comment. In my opinion, again, in my ipinion, he was offensive by stating that those that go back to WE8LE(I'm one of those) are not bright to enjoy, understand, or even play the game as it should be played. That's how I understood his comment. And is why I responded in such a way. Yes, he's entitled to his opinion, but so am I.

Now, let's get back to the topic. I ofcourse voted for (Older Version).

Last edited:
We9 ...even though it has badly affected my dribble ability and now my mates may start beating me.

WE9 looks better plays more realistic and feels like WE8 and LE's ideas have been smoothed out.

If i have ONE complaint is that they didn't let us have more stadium with seperate adboard bins. imagine every stadium being able to have their own adboards? Ohh the realism then...

jflores said:
If you read most of the threads, you will see why I took offense to his comment. In my opinion, again, in my ipinion, he was offensive by stating that those that go back to WE8LE(I'm one of those) are not bright. Yes, he's entitled to his opinion, but so am I.

hahah, not bright!!!

jflores said:
If you read most of the threads, you will see why I took offense to his comment. In my opinion, again, in my ipinion, he was offensive by stating that those that go back to WE8LE(I'm one of those) are not bright. Yes, he's entitled to his opinion, but so am I.

i want you to give your reasons to go back to the older version, arent you the guy that always girpes about the net animiations, 1% of the expereince sure gets alot of bitching....

jonboyo said:
We9 ...even though it has badly affected my dribble ability and now my mates may start beating me.

Yeah, my best attributes were my dribbling and timed high through balls, both which have changed a lot :-(. But my dribbling is getting better again. I even nutmegged (spl?) someone with Baros yesturday, he sliced the shot, but it looked so cool.

I just need to work out the high through ball now. So often it's powered too hard and not enough lift. But one of the in game demo reels shows the italians doing the old style chip through ball perfectly, so I may get it again yet :-)

Oh yeah, people hated me for evilly accurate lobs of the keeper and that feels different too lol.

Yes, the net animations are still not to my satisfaction yet. And if you want to know why I went back to the older version, then start browsing through threads and start reading. Punk!

jflores said:
Yes, the net animations are still not to my satisfaction yet. And if you want to know why I went back to the older version, then start browsing through threads and start reading. Punk!
your reasons are weak.. WE8LE was too fast, and way too easy to score, this version requires skill and patience to score, in WE*LE you can make one pass from fullback to forward, pretty much everytime, in this version you have to actually build the attack like in real footy, in WE8LE you can dribble the pc at will, in this version it is not so simple, as for your complaints about the length of substitures, you need a HD my man, the game is so smooth with the Hard drive.... Also in We8LE every friggin player can chip the defense, in We9 alot more depends on there passing skill... same with shooting... the players stats mean alot more in we9... you can have your own opinion, but play 1 v1 against your cousins in we9, then we8 and then tell me which is better, a score of 6-5 or a realistiv 1-0 or 2-1 that yuou will see in we9... we9 is more real, we8le is more like a arcade game, IMHO, cheers mate, and i was just joking with you bro.. your a bright guy, i was just making a general point

Yeh like the idiots who begged for refs and linesman then bitched about slowdown like you ever see them or have time to look at them on screen

csaunders said:
your reasons are weak.. WE8LE was too fast, and way too easy to score, this version requires skill and patience to score, in WE*LE you can make one pass from fullback to forward, pretty much everytime, in this version you have to actually build the attack like in real footy, in WE8LE you can dribble the pc at will, in this version it is not so simple, as for your complaints about the length of substitures, you need a HD my man, the game is so smooth with the Hard drive.... Also in We8LE every friggin player can chip the defense, in We9 alot more depends on there passing skill... same with shooting... the players stats mean alot more in we9... you can have your own opinion, but play 1 v1 against your cousins in we9, then we8 and then tell me which is better, a score of 6-5 or a realistiv 1-0 or 2-1 that yuou will see in we9... we9 is more real, we8le is more like a arcade game, IMHO, cheers mate, and i was just joking with you bro.. your a bright guy, i was just making a general point

I know, I was joking as well. Your cool peoples.. I was just about to post on how I would love for all of us here at the Evo Forum could set up a time and place where we could meet each other and then have a WE party. That would be cool!

In regards to your comments on WE9. I agree to a certain extent, especially how difficult the AI is and building up the plays to score. This parts I do like. However, I just don't seem to enjoy it as much as the previous version. I don't know, something is missing.I have played against my mates and cousins, and although they like the newly added animations and other little things, they stated they enjoy WE8LE better against a human. The reason being, simply because shooting and player control seems more right to them. We feel that we have more freedom in controlling shots and players on the pitch. I'll give WE9 one more shot tonight. I'll play it for a few hours and see if it grows on me. It's certainly worth another try. Oh, and your right about the HD. I have to get one.

"It's all about the Net's baby!"

Last edited:
The reason they feel they have less control is because in there attempts to make the game more realistic, they've added a few mini-scripts which improve off the ball player movement. Unfrtunately due to the PS2 limitations this was the only way to improve there movement. It was nice of KCET to try. I expect they won't behave this way on nextgen (PS3/ Xbox360). I like the change, but yes it can be slightly on raisl at times.

WE8LE gave you a bit too much control over your shots, I can remember scoring so many long range goals, that was the biggest put off in any WE ever.

Back
Top Bottom