Olympic Games 2020 Video Game

I think it looks pretty bad.
WTF are these graphics,player models and physics for a game releasing in 2019??
It looks like a game 15 years ago.

It looks like a game 15 years ago.
It really does, and I don't know how to feel about it...

It's sort of refreshing to see this sort of Wii/fun/old-school approach in a modern game, on the "serious" consoles. The football game looks like a remaster of the old ISS games where your players take strides like long-jumpers and the ball floats like a beach-ball - yet it might be fun...

Just depends on whether it is fun, I suppose!

It really does, and I don't know how to feel about it...

It's sort of refreshing to see this sort of Wii/fun/old-school approach in a modern game, on the "serious" consoles. The football game looks like a remaster of the old ISS games where your players take strides like long-jumpers and the ball floats like a beach-ball - yet it might be fun...

Just depends on whether it is fun, I suppose!
Yeah i get it to some point,that it could be fun maybe..
But i would rather see a game dedicated to olympic sports that has realistic graphics,player models and physics.
It's not that we have many games like these and we could say '' oh well,since we have other realistc ones,let this be a cartoony fun one.''It probably is the only game nowadays of this kind.
It could be so good if they took care of every different sports' physics and implement it realistically..
Now it looks like it's dedicated to kids with these cartoony graphics and physics.

It looks like Japanese companies in general are still ''trapped'' in this arcady minimalistic feel and don't even want to try something else.They just have their own view and philosophy for these things and they are stubborn.I think this is one of the reasons why Pes also still is the way it is in general.

I would rather prefer a more simulation approach in every aspect in any sports game.But ''heavy'' simulation is considered as difficult,frustrating and not fun by the majority of gamers.I guess that's also a reason that companies do what they do.

I don’t know. The graphic models and the flashy power-ups looks really dated and Arcady but I eat all the bait when it comes to volleyball and track and field games games, cause they are genres really abandoned and forgotten since years. This whole sports package makes me want to give it a try.
Furthermore SEGA holds a good tradition in variant sports games, I remember some decent mixed sports versions in the late arcade coin-ops. They can’t approach a SIM POV , which is difficult with so many different sports, but it usually gives a good taste, when it is not a money-grab attempt.
Maybe I am a marketing-victim but watching the trailer, I want to try the swimming (hope it doesn’t require to break some controller analog sticks to play it), the ping-pong /table tennis and the beach volleyball. Also the football and basketball,although seems like an NBA JAM rip-off, they seem as an interesting “funny” alternative proposal. It is always interesting to see a different third party proposal except for the established currents KONAMI/EA, 2K/EA.

Last edited:
I don’t know. The graphic models and the flashy power-ups looks really dated and Arcady but I eat all the bait when it comes to volleyball and track and field games games, cause they are genres really abandoned and forgotten since years. This whole sports package makes me want to give it a try.
Furthermore SEGA holds a good tradition in variant sports games, I remember some decent mixed sports versions in the late arcade coin-ops. They can’t approach a SIM POV , which is difficult with so many different sports, but it usually gives a good taste, when it is not a money-grab attempt.
Maybe I am a marketing-victim but watching the trailer, I want to try the swimming (hope it doesn’t require to break some controller analog sticks to play it), the ping-pong /table tennis and the beach volleyball. Also the football and basketball,although seems like an NBA JAM rip-off, they seem as an interesting “funny” alternative proposal. It is always interesting to see a different third party proposal except for the established currents KONAMI/EA, 2K/EA.
Yeah about volleyball specifically,although i don't really like watching it on tv,i think that a good volleyball game with decent physics and graphics could be a fun game to play.I don't even know if there is or there was in the past any volleyball game.Haven't seen any videos either.Do you know if there is or there was any game like this in the past or any video?

I also remember a track and field game back in the arcade coin-ops era when i was younger.I had played it sometimes and i remember it was decent enough.It was the one when you had to smash buttons as quick as you can to run etc.
Had fucked up my fingers with it sometimes lol.

Yeah about volleyball specifically,although i don't really like watching it on tv,i think that a good volleyball game with decent physics and graphics could be a fun game to play.I don't even know if there is or there was in the past any volleyball game.Haven't seen any videos either.Do you know if there is or there was any game like this in the past or any video?

I also remember a track and field game back in the arcade coin-ops era when i was younger.I had played it sometimes and i remember it was decent enough.It was the one when you had to smash buttons as quick as you can to run etc.
Had fucked up my fingers with it sometimes lol.
There are a 6x6 volley ball(indoors) and a handball game for PS4, but they are uttercrap!I will post links in the post’s end.
The sega coon-op I remember was in the early 00’s era.I think it was some Dreamcast arcade-cabinet port, can’t recall name now, it was type of 10athlon? It had golf,tennis,football,etc, but it was not sim not even arcade, it was more mini games ie hit x number of holes in golf, or take only free kicks or pks in football, 3point challenge in basketball etc.

Update:Found it!SportsJam

@Dennis_87 i remember also a track&field ,possibly again by sega. The “secret” on these games was to slash the buttons with a firelighter or an AA battery, without the shop owner notice you :P
In different case ,I had once unskinned a little bit my fingers from rubbing. :P Like burning wounds .
Finally it was sega always that had decent games close to the Olympic sports , in the early 00’s. I hope they will deliver something decent again with the current technology, despite these poor standards we watched in their animations in this trailer.

@Dennis_87 i remember also a track&field ,possibly again by sega. The “secret” on these games was to slash the buttons with a firelighter or an AA battery, without the shop owner notice you :P
In different case ,I had once unskinned a little bit my fingers from rubbing. :P Like burning wounds .
Finally it was sega always that had decent games close to the Olympic sports , in the early 00’s. I hope they will deliver something decent again with the current technology, despite these poor standards we watched in their animations in this trailer.
Haha yeah that shit was a nightmare to the fingers.I remember also.

I've seen a little bit of the two volleyball and handball videos above and yeah..they look like shit lol.
Also i hate this camera in any sports game.If the volleyball game had some decent physics and graphics and the camera was a normal one from the side,then maybe it would be good fun to play it.Especially with human opponent.

International Track and Field on Ps1 and Ps2 was by Konami. Another of those games you knew they were going to be great because Konami at the times had incredible quality.

International Track and Field on Ps1 and Ps2 was by Konami. Another of those games you knew they were going to be great because Konami at the times had incredible quality.

I have played a lot Track and Field (GameBoy) and less Track and Field II (NES). They were both legendary, KONAMI at general used to be very relevant in any video game genre they published back then. The ESPN version had a more professional, mature and SIM approach then the previous versions , where you could shoot down an alien UFO with a javelin in special occasion, for example! :)

The last Olympic Games ( London 2012) i remember from SEGA, gained very poor reviews.

Back
Top Bottom