Olympique Lyonnais Thread

absolutely exciting match much better than the juventus v liverpool match thank we have conference mode here. in the end deserved. next one milan to boot out.

Ref was abit of an idiot. SHould have been a PK in extra time for Lyon, and many fouls were not called for Lyon. Very packed game with lots of action, and I agree Kel much better than the disorganized Juve game.

Last edited:
I was so certain Lyon would progress when Wiltord scored. They sat back too much again, also half of the players seemed like they were about to die of exhaustion.

Very Dissapointed :(

Thomas Goal,
THANKS MISTER KIM MILTON NIELSEN

Is far from one word. You did it again there, we might need to start a thread about your real name again.

Wasn't a penalty, he was already going down and that alone should be punished.

joostebrood said:
Thomas Goal,
THANKS MISTER KIM MILTON NIELSEN

Is far from one word. You did it again there, we might need to start a thread about your real name again.

Wasn't a penalty, he was already going down and that alone should be punished.

Look the video, Gomez don't touch the ball !

Re: Olympique Lyonnais Thread (STOLEN)

great job PSV :D

Milan is next. Alex rulezzzzzz

Stolen ? yeah right, remember diarra should have gotten the red card after about 10 minutes

quite amazing people only see their point of view and completely forget when the referee also whistled in their advantage too

Alien_ said:
Stolen ? yeah right, remember diarra should have gotten the red card after about 10 minutes

quite amazing people only see their point of view and completely forget when the referee also whistled in their advantage too

LOL !
And why not yellow cards for Park and Van Bommel for simulation ???
And the referee don't whistle on the Van Bommel freekick on the PSV goal !?

Last edited:

Juninho reaction :

On a fait une super compétition, eux aussi d'ailleurs. Milan a un bon adversaire pour les demies. On joué contre 12 hommes ce soir, voir 14 avec les 2 arbitres de touche. Le maillot de l'OL n'a pas encore d'étoile Ligue des Champions au dessus du logo, est-ce que cela joue pour le corps arbitral ?

Jean-Michel Aulas (Lyon president)

I am anxious for the UEFA when the largest referee in the world does not whistle a penalty when Nilmar is made mow in surface as it was. One also questions oneself when it whistles the half-time whereas Malouda is with the entry of surface, in offensive action. I repeat it, a feeling of frustration, unfinished work dominates. As much against Porto the year spent, one did not deserve to pass on the 2 matches but there, I am not certain. One can view 5 times the fault on Nilmar, it does not have no doubt there on top. At the end of the meeting, Djila remained to discuss with him, it blew to him that it had not seen it.

Regardless of what happened during the game, the fact that one team made it through on penalties is still harsh. I was hoping that Lyon would atleast make it to the final. Its sad that one of the most entertaining teams are out.
Oh well. Thats football. Now that they're out, its time to raid the team like what happened to Porto and Monaco last season.
Lets hope Essien joins Man Utd. :mrgreen:

Good for PSV Eindhoven and Jefferson Farfán. :lol:

Shut it frenchy the dutch side played the better football over the two legs. One dubious decision goes against Lyon and the whole nation is throwing baguettes and crosiants. Can;t for once the French be dignified in defeat?

Deserved win, stop complaining. Just one word:

PSV through to the semi-finals of the 2004/2005 UEFA Champions Leage

AZ for UEFA cup and PSV the champions league. Its Double Dutch.

Thomas you're chauvinistic.
OL were by far my favourite team in the CL but PSV deserved to go through.Lyon played bad and arrogant. I've seen both matches: they simply were not good enough.

And yes it was defintely a penalty, but would they have scored??? They had enough penalties to go to the semis...Don't complain about penalties, they lost it on penalties.
Juninho was pants and the young guy upfront (the substitute Ben Arber or something ...sorry for that) must be the most egoïstic player i have ever seen on a football pitch. Big technique, no brain...
As much as i love Lyon and French football: congratulations PSV and i sincerely hope they go to the final...

PSV are a very strong squad. They might not look spectacular, but Cocu, van Bommel, Park, Alex etc are all very important players. Once you've reached the semis anything is possible. I understand people start blaming the ref for not giving a penalty, but as Gerd said, there were 210 minutes of football and it's not about that one penalty. If you are to blame someone, then blame Govou for missing the biggest chance of the year in the first leg.

PSV deserved the win in the end and I think they can even surprise Milan on a good day.

Yep have to agree with Gerd. I did like the looks of Lyon although was never impressed with their defence and tbh as has already been mentioned I think they got a bit too big for their boots. Well done to PSV, although I do think Milan would have skelped both of them one after the other.

FD

None of these two teams deserved to go through, Lyon is overrated and PSV is weak, they don't have a chance against Milan.

donEdo said:
PSV is weak, they don't have a chance against Milan.
I think you are underestimating PSV.

donEdo said:
None of these two teams deserved to go through, Lyon is overrated and PSV is weak, they don't have a chance against Milan.

That's not true.
Lyon is one of the best teams in Europe but they are inconsistent at times.
PSV have a good team.
Being in the quarter finals (or even the Semi's) of the CL is no coïncidence.

gerd said:
Thomas you're chauvinistic.
OL were by far my favourite team in the CL but PSV deserved to go through.Lyon played bad and arrogant. I've seen both matches: they simply were not good enough.

And yes it was defintely a penalty, but would they have scored??? They had enough penalties to go to the semis...Don't complain about penalties, they lost it on penalties.
Juninho was pants and the young guy upfront (the substitute Ben Arber or something ...sorry for that) must be the most egoïstic player i have ever seen on a football pitch. Big technique, no brain...
As much as i love Lyon and French football: congratulations PSV and i sincerely hope they go to the final...

Désolé Gerd, je veux juste defendre la cause de Lyon a cause d'un arbitrage plus que douteux, biensur le PSV a mieux jouer, mais c'est normal puisque Lyon a marquer tres rapidement, donc obliger de defendre, regarde bien le jeu de Lyon une fois que le PSV a marquer c'est Lyon qui avait la main sur le match (et a l'aller Lyon a archi dominer et c'est pris un but sur la seule frappe cadré du match pour le PSV venu sur un contre favorable) et dire que l'equipe est arrogante alors qu'un seul joueur (Ben Arfa) a voulu trop en faire (je suis entierment ok avec toi) mais pas l'equipe.
Et l'abitrage tout le monde a vu le Penalty dans le stade meme les supporters du PSV, il y a juste a ecouter le silence !
Et l'action du coup franc pour l'égalisation des hollandais, l arbitre n a pas sifflé il replace le mur Lyonnais !!!

ça fait vraiment beaucoup !

Voila, j'ai juste donné mon point de vu, et j'ai vraiment un doute a votre propos, avez vous vu le match en complet ? car generalement vos commentaires son generalement assez vrai, mais là...

PS; sans parler des simulation de Park et surtout Van Bommel, on donne un jaune pour une simulation ! pas Nielsen, lui il laisse jouer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom