online 2vs2 bug? Need help.

mazanga

League 1
12 October 2003
Groningen, Holland
I played a few 2vs2 games online last night.

We used two smartjoy converters and a ps1 and a ps2 joypad.

First problem: when we went to options to configure the pads we could only use one pad to configure both pads (for player one and player two). But we eventually managed to get them configured.

Then we started with a few offline 1vs1 games. The pads were perfectly configured. We both use pass mode 5 and we have L1 and L2 swapped (i.e. we change players with L2) because we had used dreambox converters to be able to play on xbox live with our playstation pads. The dreambox does not allow you to change players with L1 and after a year we don't know any better (and actually prefer it over the old way).

BUT then we went online to play a few cooporative (2vs2 or 2vs1) games. All of a sudden the pad that was used by player 2 seemed to be reconfigured to the default settings (L1 and L2 not swapped and passmode 1). We were able to use manual or semiauto passing but we could not reconfigure the pad online. When we went back to options to reconfigure offline, the pad seemed to be configured correctly (so no default settings). But despite of this fact, when we went back to play online the second joypad had been set to default.

Any help or suggestions? Maybe i am missing something but i would not be suprised if this were a mistake by Konami. Just like when we were not able to use manually switch players (and were forced to use semi auto) on xbox live.

Last edited:
Haha, great, they haven't fixed bugs from WE9 then.

Every time I play with three players or more offline in WE9, what you're describing happens (player one, two or three has their buttons reset). There's even been incidents where we've paused the game, reconfigured their buttons, and then five seconds later they're default again.

Sorry mate, I don't know of a fix (I don't believe there is one), but hopefully someone will suggest something!

Make sure you have two controllers. Then go online and start a match. When you are in the team selection screen, have the person that is sitting next to you press the start button. you will see a square image with one player. If the other player presses start, that image will change into two players.

@ Chris Davies. That sucks mate. Seems like a programming mistake by Konami. I still hope someone has a solution.

Works fine with 2 ps2 pads online, i play default mate plays with the oddest config ever! (shoot is circle and right analog for movement)

Never had a problem with it. Could be that your using a non ps2 pad.

kdjac

no we used two ps2 pads. I havn't tried it on my own pc though with two ps2 pads.

I tested it on my own pc with a pe2 pad and a logitech dual action pad.

I got it to work in the first button config menu where you have to pinpoint the buttons with your mouse and then actually press them on your pad.

I just switched L1 and L2

But i could not manage to get the other things (like using the analogue stick or crossing with pass mode 5) working for player two for a coop match online. It does work ofline ofcourse. These things are changed in the second button config menu (the one that is identical to the console button config menu). So shooting with 0 would be possible yes.

Back
Top Bottom