11 December 2002
Guys,

I have to ask why do the so-called PES experts online have to play as:-

Barca
Milan
Real Madrid
Basil
France

So far I have played 20 games online and have only played 1 game where my oponent didn't chose the above (and he chose Man U). I just wondered why people have to play as the great sides if they claim to be that great. I would like to see a ladder system put in based on the side you pick so if you play as Brasil and beat Iran you get ten points but if you beat Brasil with Iran you get 200, we would then see who the good players are.

I am ok and nothing more but I play as Newcastle as I support them and am a little sick of adrianno, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc being against me and Sorry I have to add Eto' just ain't that good in real life as he is on PES.....

Thoughts ?

i agree with Stumpy. I played him last night and had quite a good game. i play as Valencia 99% of the time but I did play 3 games last night as Real Madrid because i needed a change

Great idea about the ladder system. That would make things a lot more interesting! I am sick and tired of seeing the same teams over and over again, but i have to admit that i stick to some of the better sides myself.

Part of the problem for me is the licensing issue though. I'd probably play with the premiership teams more if they had good kits etc.

stumpy_uk said:
Guys,

I have to ask why do the so-called PES experts online have to play as:-

Barca
Milan
Real Madrid
Basil
France

So far I have played 20 games online and have only played 1 game where my oponent didn't chose the above (and he chose Man U). I just wondered why people have to play as the great sides if they claim to be that great. I would like to see a ladder system put in based on the side you pick so if you play as Brasil and beat Iran you get ten points but if you beat Brasil with Iran you get 200, we would then see who the good players are.

I am ok and nothing more but I play as Newcastle as I support them and am a little sick of adrianno, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc being against me and Sorry I have to add Eto' just ain't that good in real life as he is on PES.....

Thoughts ?

1st off Etoo is a magic player in real life so ur talking rubbish there pal. Adriano is over rated if u watch him play he a lazy one footed player. Second i half agree about people picking the same side but i enjoy being those sides. i support Man C but if i played with them they are w**k just like real life cant shoot or pass. so y would i wanna get beat that dont make sense. i always pick a team that is equal to my oppo so if they pick west ham say then i would play with Man C. i always always choose second .

Pickford said:
1st off Etoo is a magic player in real life

he is good but he holds off three defenders and scores from 30 yards + when playing me, then again I am pants so maybe its just me :)

I don't mind people playing as those sides just annoyes me when someone tells me they own me and that they are a god etc and its only because they are playing as Brasil etc. I just think if they did those changes as a Ladder the real players would still be up there but people would play more as their chosen sides, as you say if people were chosing West Ham, Charlton etc you would play as Man City, and the only way to get people to play as those teams is to make the reward a lot more than when you play as a super team. It it takes 10 wins as Basil to get the same points as a win with australia, people will start using all sorts of teams online.

Bazdev - It was a good game!!

Cheers

Stumpy

lol I was thinking FC Basle for a moment there.

I like to pick many different teams, doesnt matter who the other guy picks. The only folk that bug me are the baw bags that select a crappy team and wait for you to pick yours, then they quickly flip to Brazil.

I think rankings should just be abandoned. Play online for fun, no points to be won.

9 times out of 10 if I see a guy that has won 90 out of 100 I decide against playing him as he is likely to be a lag cheat.

winston said:
Is he in your version of the game? It must be Fawlty.

si Mr Fawlty, however I was talking more about Basil Brush Boom Boom!!

Last edited:
The trouble with the teams on PES6 are the stats, well known players are overated and lesser known ones have awful stats, i also support MCFC and stephen jordan is still right footed in the game, sun jihai is faster than Micah Richards, hammaan has twice the stats of Joey Barton etc, thats what makes the game so unbalanced IMHO.

So many problems in this question really. :)
* Kids want to play with their heroes. Ronaldinho, Henry, Ronaldo, etc...
* Kids really want to be number one, and they can try to be that if they rack up ranking points and the easiest way to do that is with the “best” teams.
* PES6 “benefits” high stats even more than PES5.
* PES-players are used to play the game with high stats. Almost every Master League was full of classic players and/or created super players. Fully developed stars in every squad sat on every bench.
* Konami, well, they are lazy and frankly it's not easy to make a fair and fully functional ranking system... Obviously. :)

I love to play with lesser teams though. Almost despite surfing on the wing past every defender with Messi and Ronaldinho and tapping in goals with Eto’o, but that’s just me. :)

And also If a player transfers to a big team.His stats goes up all the way.For example Gilardino was crap when he was in Parma and now He is much better in Milan somehow.
Maxi Rodriguez is one of the best midfielders in the world but his stats are underrated.He is much efficient than Beckham in real life but his stats are almost half of him.
Saha is like a top class striker in the game.Only becaause he is playing for Utd.

Back
Top Bottom