Online cheaters!!! ARGHH

MForssell

Conference
9 August 2005
Helsinki
I'm tired of being cheated on xboxlive...

I was just wondering what the cheat is...because at first I knew it was something that they /the cheaters) do in the pause menu, and to solve that I made it so that when I created the match I didn't allow in-game pauses.

But now my game always seems to stop when I'm winning and usually right when I score a goal..Which leads to me having to leave the game!!

Is that also someone cheating or is it infact just my game that stops?!?

Is there anyway to avoid this cheat/dissfunction??

Thanks,

LividSteve

I think this is the game freeze cheat mate.
Usually their pause icon flashing repeatedly is a good indication this will happen.

As far as i know, there isn't anything to stop this happening, if they know how to do it, then all you can do is wait it out. :(

Its very rare i play ranked matches now due to the vast amount of cheap players & cheaters online.
I tend to stick to player matches now with people from my friends list who i know will give a good fair game with none of that pathetic crap like cutbacks, using money teams, lag, pause cheating and game freezing.

Set your status to appear offline, don't communicate with the cheater and wait it out is my advice.
Usually they quit after a few minutes, but one time i had to wait for almost 1 hour with one stubborn motherf**cker
Just watch some tv, get some food or a drink in the meantime :)

Last edited:
so his game also freezes? It's just a matter of who quits earlier??

I would otherwise play unranked matches, but somehow I get no satisfaction from beating someone in a playermatch. I love beating some stupid brazil/inter boy with that thinks he's the man in ranked matches! I love stealing their precious points..

But nowadays it feels like every third person playing ranked games is a cheater

I played some dirty Italian cheat last night & he froze the game after going 1 nil up after 10 mins with Brazil. I set my status to offline but he never quit even after 20 mins & a load of abusive messages from me. In the end I tried switching MY modem off & it said that the opponent had disconnected etc. & i was the winner. Strange.

so his game also freezes? It's just a matter of who quits earlier??

yes
just make it as boring as possible, dont even reply when he sends abusive messages too you. Just pretend you're not even there and usually they loose hope rather quickly.
After he quits you can send your abusive message :)

I'm in a sweet position here... I'm able to quit whenever I want and I will still get the points. Of course I'm not using it unless the other guy cheat. It's so sweet when the other guy with 7k something points freeze the game, even when he's leading, and I get the points ;)

I think i've got the same situation as Flea Fly - i think if switch off my modem, i'll still get the win - i've only done this once when the other person has cheated.

I'm also seek of being cheated online, and the thing that upseats me the most is that there are more and more cheaters every day, and the lazy guys of konami will not do anything to fix this bug. So I have no other choice but to try this switching modem thing off when the other guy frizzes the game. I hope it works. Thanks King Dey.

I'm also seek of being cheated online, and the thing that upseats me the most is that there are more and more cheaters every day, and the lazy guys of konami will not do anything to fix this bug. So I have no other choice but to try this switching modem thing off when the other guy frizzes the game. I hope it works. Thanks King Dey.
It should work - it certainly worked for me - found out by accident really, I just decided to try it after waiting 20mins after some dick had quit.

If you press the standby button on your modem and wait for a few seconds you will get the message that the other person has quit.

Upon checking you will find that both players are awarded a win with points.

Another irritating thing which Konami are turning a blind eye to.

Gary

i only got gold at the weekend and have played some good games so far, can any one point out ome of the cheats that people use?
I have only played people in 3 A,B,C so maybe PEOPLE WHO ARE AT THE TOP CHEAT?

ive played 3 games today, 2 have cheated it out, currently its just frozen with the pause thing in the corner. even tho if i tried to pause throughout the game it never worked,dont really get it. its stupid, so annoying, if someone doesn think they are gonna win they just freeze it out.

ITs starnge, when people exit the game it doesnt necessary mean they are cheating, I had two freezes yesterday and the other guy was 2-0 up both times and i won by default?maybe it is some peoples connection?

shouldnt have to though mate, its ridiculous where we try to play games, GAMES and people have to cheat to make themselves feel better, its meant to be about having fun, I have had so many games ober the weekend where i have been winning and then lost a close game, it doesnt matter, its about having fun playing hte game, why people insist in ruining the experience for tohers is beyond me, not a lot we can do about it but tell others and avoid the cheaters, add me to your xbox if you want a game anyone, im not that great but will fight to the end.

i only got gold at the weekend and have played some good games so far, can any one point out ome of the cheats that people use?
I have only played people in 3 A,B,C so maybe PEOPLE WHO ARE AT THE TOP CHEAT?
the most common cheat is the freeze cheat.
When you see the pause icon is flashing its an sign that the guys is trying to freeze the game.
Also common is that they freeze the game during the pause of half time menu. Resulting in the timer running out, but the game never starts.

i played a game yesterday I was frigging reading and he was barcalona (he tricked me into picking them, he was able to deselect his team, i was not)

I scored after a couple of game minutes and he hung the game up, not even an attempt to try and play the game!

RAHHHHHHHHH

PES 6 is the biggest disappointment in the world to me, i loved the older games so much

I switched ISP's recently because my connection on my previous ISP -AOL kept dying on me, typically when i was in a game of PES on Live, this of course led to me receiving a few messages calling me a cheater/quitter etc, since i moved to Be Unlimited ive not had one disconnection occur (from my side), i wonder what my ranking would be if i was with them from teh start and didnt have 40 disconnections to my name.

i played a game yesterday I was frigging reading and he was barcalona (he tricked me into picking them, he was able to deselect his team, i was not)

I scored after a couple of game minutes and he hung the game up, not even an attempt to try and play the game!

RAHHHHHHHHH

PES 6 is the biggest disappointment in the world to me, i loved the older games so much

Yeah exactly, yesterday I played about 6 games on Xbox live after long time. First two matches I got frozen :-), first game I restarted my Xbox , cause I wanted to play another match. Fucking cheater, I didnt want to wait for an hour , Ok I met an idiot, bad luck. Next game I scored on 3:1 and again frozen. 2 matches 2 times frozen. Is this really happening or am I dreaming ? I wanted to turn the game off, but then came the message : What happend ? then next one : Turn your Xbox off quick. That really made me mad. I wrote him back : Ok I will, and I changed my status to offline. Than he thought I lost so he quited and I won :). I sent him message : hahaha fucking cheater. I was happy.

the wierd thing is i played a guy on a rank match and the game froze,the game flashes this message "failure to connect with opponent results will not be over written" so i think nothing of it as the game gave us both a 3-0 win,so a day goes by and then i start getting pm'ed with abuse from the guy and all his friends and even so called good players who boast about how good they are all the time online,and the best thing is he took pics of a game and then said it was a cheat that i quit he gott a win and so did i,one of his pictures has him winning 3-0 twice so i womnder if that guyy before me cheated him too,i dont care if the cpu gave us both a win and yet he starts accusing me of cheating and all the little cunny funts i hate on the forums jump on the band wagon and send abuse and nothing gets done about it!!! he got afree win from the computer and he moans and then invents the biggest load of brownstuff i have ever seen on a post a story and pics of a game and my records at the time
it took me nearly three weeks of playing no hopers and low ranked guys to get a 100+wins and i lost my record to some starwars guy did i take a picture and post because i was stopped on my run? no unlike little glory hunters and boasters i dont care if you loose you loose you win you win and draw its the way the game goes,and to accuse me of cheating al because a game went out of synch which i thought was allways bull and this is what happens!!!!
i have had guys sit and wait for hours for me to quit ,i aint doing that i got a second telly in my room so i just watch sky until they quit,these are the real cheats just like the whole top 100 all with 3-0 perfect records and guys like the top guys whop have mental winning streaks of 300+ and one guy in at number 3 the french guy has a 100% record and this moron calls me a funking cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and starts a campaign against me on the forums at xbox.com

sad ,sad, losers all because of a glitch and then the guys who i hate on forums jump in and hijack my posts as all they do is live online and dont have lifes,even when they send abuse calling me a scottish *unt and a car thief,so when you respond they take pics of messages and run to microsoft and according to one complete bigheaded tosser the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a grip you tools its a game and just because an opinion is on a forums dont mean you start a hate campaign and kiss up to microsoft and act all funking innocent when you get caught out

the forums at xbox .com are full of little brown noser scum bags whoi want a badge from microsoft and a little pat on the back for being a good sheep.

pro 6 is messed up online and when you get done over you know it but when a glitch happens ,morons take pics and post crap in order to get a wee badge from microsoft

I DONT FUNKING CHEAT SO KISS MY ARSE!
if you get beat tough,if it crashes bad luck,if you get a game for free dont moan,and dont accuse people of being a cheat
would you moan if you found a £50 note and then call your self a thief and purge your self all because you got it for free?

these guys who cheat all have the same 3-0 record and it can be seen on the records,i even had a guy say i played 25 games in 5 mins a few days ago ,i havent been on a ranked games sinc this tool called me a cheat and my record stops at 100+ not 115 llike the retards would like pepole to believe to keep sending abuse to me all because they are scum pure scum!

sad to see a game full of cheats and gits like them who when discovered resort to vendetta's against you and hide behind thier so called good behavior and rank

Last edited:
I find it weird some people have so much trouble with cheaters. I've played around 500 ranked games now and it's only happened to me four times! Do you all have very high ranks or something which make them think they can get more points out of you if they get a 3-0? My score is usually somewhere around 6000 and I have no trouble finding similarly ranked people who I can play against fairly. Sure, there's plenty of Brazil/Inter players, but my current tactics are keeping Adriano pretty quiet, so I'm not overly bothered about that.

As others have said, if someone does try to cheat, just ignore them and they usually quit within 15 minutes. If constantly waiting for their opponenets to quit so they can have an automatic 3-0 is the only enjoyment these people get from the game, then it's their loss. There's really no point getting into arguements with them, their messages usually consist of childish abuse anyway. Just ignore them.

I find the whole ranked match mode a joke...
At 1st when I started playing online I took it really seriously trying to get up the rankings but soon found out the shit and abuse received by someone trying to cheat me then calling me the cheat...
I can honestly say that I haven't cheated anyone but the torrents of abuse I receive in my mailbox is pathetic by people who try to cheat me but I refuse to quit...
Also a point worth noting is that I thought I was being cheated the other day when the game froze on me...I soon received the threatening message of abuse but having stated my case and took photos to send to the other gamer... he actually agreed to quit as I had more points than him and we agreed to play again...I made him a friend, set up a match in the non-ranked mode and had a great few games with that lad...
The point I'm making is that maybe the game genuinely does freeze at times but both players be so wound up by it that we accuse each other of cheating.
Also, I always play with pauses set to zero so that the blatant cheats won't get a chance.

Another point I would like to make is that playing unranked games are far more enjoyable as you pick any team in the game as does your opponent instead of the usual ranked teams with Adriano 'one shot wonder' or Thierry 'I'm going to run the length of the pitch and score' Henry!...Inter, Brazil, Barcelona, France etc....you know what I mean...Enough Said on that for me...Sorry if I went on a bit.

i dont know if this is classed as cheating but im fed up with people scoring the same old goal, running the backline, to edge of 6yard box then cutin it bac and slotting it in. i know i could do it asell, but its boring wen thease goals cant be defended against. wat are peoples veiws on this, if you lot dont mind i soppose its just me being anal.

I wouldn't class that as cheating, but yeah, that too is annoying!

People that play all their games with inter or Brazil pisses me off even more! I hate those wussies!

Ha Ha...do what I did mate and dump that piece of junk Konami conned us with. It's absolutely terrible on 360. I got the PS2 version which isn't as shiny but is 10 times more fun to play and there's plenty of mods and option files out there. Only little kids still play this cos they like to cheat online. Best played with yer mates.

I find the whole ranked match mode a joke...
At 1st when I started playing online I took it really seriously trying to get up the rankings but soon found out the shit and abuse received by someone trying to cheat me then calling me the cheat...
I can honestly say that I haven't cheated anyone but the torrents of abuse I receive in my mailbox is pathetic by people who try to cheat me but I refuse to quit...
Also a point worth noting is that I thought I was being cheated the other day when the game froze on me...I soon received the threatening message of abuse but having stated my case and took photos to send to the other gamer... he actually agreed to quit as I had more points than him and we agreed to play again...I made him a friend, set up a match in the non-ranked mode and had a great few games with that lad...
The point I'm making is that maybe the game genuinely does freeze at times but both players be so wound up by it that we accuse each other of cheating.
Also, I always play with pauses set to zero so that the blatant cheats won't get a chance.

Another point I would like to make is that playing unranked games are far more enjoyable as you pick any team in the game as does your opponent instead of the usual ranked teams with Adriano 'one shot wonder' or Thierry 'I'm going to run the length of the pitch and score' Henry!...Inter, Brazil, Barcelona, France etc....you know what I mean...Enough Said on that for me...Sorry if I went on a bit.

I know exactly what you mean mate. I played yesterday as Bayern against brazil and it told me the opponent disconnected. to be honest i'd had much better of the game although it was 0-0. he messaged me saying "UR SHIT U F**KING CHEAT". Now I dont really play ranked matches to avoid playin inter and brazil in EVERY GOD DAMN GAME so i'm in division 3c. I simply said to guy, if i knew how to cheat do you think i'd be ranked in 3c!!? he then realised he was bein a bit stupid and said sorry.

Like you though Spygyper I'd rather play a good few close nail biting games with mediocre teams in player match mode than play against Brazil all the time! DOES MY HEAD IN. (altough it is nice when you win a ranked match against one of these teams with a crap team!) So if you fancy a few games mate add me. I'm also trying to get 16 people together to run a league online - nothin serious just friendly competition. if anyone interested take a look www.pelluk.110mb.com (the sites rubbish but it'll do for posting fixtures, tables and scorers. and it should be filled with like minded people.)

I just played some guy with Finland and he was N. Ireland.

He went up 1-0 in the 50 something minute...I then paused the game, changed tacitcs, by the time I got back (It took me the full 50 sec) he had sen't me a message saying (You mutherfucking cheater) or something like that! And he had cheated to pause the game!!!

How can he call me a cheater for changing my tactics. Just because he hesitated and thought I had cheated. But the one who cheated was infact him!!!! WTF is wrong with this guy....Now he's sending me messages saying What an "idiot dumbass cheater I am"... geeeesh

I was accused of cheating... the opponent scored, the ball was kicked off then the game froze.
I went and cooked some late night munchees and when I returned,I got a PM asking how I did it!

I reckon if its not at a throw in or free kick it has to be a freeze on both sides not just a pause cheat.

last time played this game online somebody did the freeze cheat on me. so i appeared offline but he lasted 7, yes bloody 7 hours before quiting, nob end

Back
Top Bottom